TF ongoing 3 preview...

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lumpy, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Sentinel Pax

Sentinel Pax Well-Known Member

The art is looking a lot better than it was, but I can't help but mention the horrible scale in those opening pages. Granted, Transformers being out of scale is just something that happens, but its kind of annoying. Jetfire being huge is okay, but Rodimus looks way too big standing next to that plane.

2. rick83

rick83 Well-Known Member

yea, was kawamori-san commissioned for the alternative cover. :p 

3. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This actually doesn't look too bad and seems to have a few interesting ideas...and I love the artwork. But I'm still going to hold off for at least a year before getting the trades to make sure this is actually going to stick.

4. rick83

rick83 Well-Known Member

the character design is the exact same design sketches Shoji Kawamori does for his works such as macross, same angle and they way the feet are placed, obviously the sketch of the YF-19 from Macross Plus was used for this cover

5. Dark_T_Zeratul

Dark_T_Zeratul Well-Known Member

Given that Jetfire's toy was originally cribbed from Macross in the first place, I find it incredibly amusing that people are upset about this.

6. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

It looks to me like Jetfire is a combination of the cartoon Skyfire, and Don's War Within Jetfire design, which was in turn based on his own unofficial "Strikefire" design. He must really like that rectangular air intakes behind the shoulders look, to have used it three times.

Alt mode looks like a B1 Bomber crossed with War Within Jetfire again.

7. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    I like Jetfire's design, very modern. still not too hot about the faces tho. They all look alike. But at least I'm getting a TF comic fix. It's better than nothing.

8. Jorssk

Jorssk Guardian of Cybertron

Ebay:
    Jesus, that's a horrible robot desing...or comics ilustration. They have ugly faces.

9. War Bearer

War Bearer Banned

Is this new series center around Hot Rod and Bumblebee?

10. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I laughed at Magnus' assumption that the Autobots had gone native.

11. dr.b

dr.b Well-Known Member

People are far too hard on Hot Rod. So he got Prime killed back in '86, get over it! Seriously, Hot Rod has every right to be angry. He just got done fighting a costly war against an enemy hell bent on exterminating all human life and strip mining Earth. Not only were the humans not grateful, but their hunting him and his buddies down, not to mention the fact, they killed Ironhide, who jumped in the way to save the leader that just decides to up and surrender out of the blue. Know what a dick move is? Convincing a group of soldiers to follow you into a war they would rather forget about, and then abandoning them without warning. If Prime died, they could at least have said he died for something he was convinced was important, and therefor, worth pursuing after his death. An explanation would have worked equally as well, since he cannot rightfully expect all of his troops to trust his future decisions if he'll just leave in the thick of things.

12. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IDW has turned Prime from the greatest Autobot Hero of all time to a hypocritical coward. Ironhide wanted to quit and he talked him out of it and now he up and quits. That’s not Optimus.

13. Long_Haul

Long_Haul N*ggacon

Ok, i cant seem to find any of the comics that have came out recently, i DL them for my PC comic Reader. Can anyone help?

14. dr.b

dr.b Well-Known Member

Seriously? the name tags are needed to identify the characters? Look, the designs are Bayed up a little,the faces could be prettier, but unlike "Bay Formers", the colors are all consistent with their G1 counterparts, and they're shapes are as well, so you can identify them by their silhouettes. If your legally blind, I might understand your argument. One more thing, the name tags are their, so the dialogue isn't butchered, by repeatedly calling someone by their name, each and every time they're spoken to. let me demonstrate:

:dunce  Jim, how are you doing Jim?
    :sly2:  I'm fine.
    :dunce  Jim it is Jim good to hear Jim it Jim!
    :sly2:  Riiiiggghhhttt!

I'd rather have the name tags painted on the character than read that all day!

15. alien

alien Command

Frankly, their faces all looks like same.....

16. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Because they are, that's the biggest problem. There's no physical difference and thus no way to connect with them like before.

17. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    I like the new designs. The faces can still be worked out, but I see that Don is slowly tweaking them for somewhat more expression. And I gotta agree, seeing the Cons' in their alt modes makes me happy.:) 

18. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i love the art i like character desings i really love the faces they have its fits the modern era and they really lok machine like & not human like as shown in the g1 series that have human faces if transfromers in g1 series ddin transfrom in vehiacls & animals they would look human to me in the series this is great for me ill buy tpb definatly.

im curious what the decepticons would do are they really working the autobots or are they playing them for fools until megatron returns looking forward to see what jetfire, & hotrod will do will they fight against humans or go the peaceful way more i read about this series more i get the feeling this series isnt going to go well for autobot or decepticon & maybe human alike.

i really like jetfires desing & ultramaguns but jetfire head looks littel funny his head looks like he has football helmet on the jet he transfroms into i never seen before cant say if its made up or slightly modified from the jets that are actually made for taoday use

jetfire could use those ear anttena things on the side of his head shonw on the g1 version of hismelf so it doesnt look like he has footbal helmet on for a head

19. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't believe that Hasbro is letting IDW kill the character's personalities. That's not Hot Rod, nor is that Magnus.

20. cgibsonREX

cgibsonREX Knight of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I don't think Prime "quit" I honestly think he has a plan and is working it. You know how leaders roll, "it's best not for the rest of the crew to know whats going on cause it may compromise the mission".

And it he did quit you got to look into emotion. Prime is a warrior, the war is over and he doesn't know what to do with himself. He just lost his best friend on top of other bot being captured by humans.

He didn't quit because he was a coward, (like the book says) he no longer trusts his judgment in the given situation and rather not compromise other due to poor decision making in a situation he has no experience with.

You also have to remember, this in not 1980's G1 this is 2k G1, an alternate reality spawned from the source dimension which is US Marvel Comics. Things are the same yet different...