TF infiltration 3 discussion (some spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Lumpy, Mar 9, 2006.

1. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i like mysterious things buried in earth by aliens :( 

2. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    I'm enjoying this storyline much more than DW's original 6-part limited series. In my opinion, the art is improving with each issue (although, I agree that Bumblebee's design is not the best). I think the BW #1 & TFvs.G.I.Joe #1 have disappointed me more (but then again, I was never a huge fan of Joes and Beasts...).

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i understand that, i just dont like the pacing...but like most, ill stick with it, im sure itll pick up once another arc starts...and i do have a problem with some small story parts, but nothing to serious...im just hoping for more to happen....like someone else said, 4 issues and barely anything has happened...how many more issues are in this arc? do we know? i think with blitzwing showing up, something crazy is about to start....and i cant compare it to DWs g1, cuz i havent read that stuff in awhile...so i dont remember it....

4. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    A few quick oppinions:

Bumblebee's design is the cow's tits. I love it. I will be building it the second I am done with my current project.

For the most part, I love the 'bot designs. The legs are a little wonky, but nothing that bothers me too much.

The story...more needs to happen. Humans are fine. I love the way Furman does Sunstreaker. Looks like it's picking up next issue. I'm sticking with it. Enjoyable so far.

5. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

Saying fan's need to understand this or that is silly. The story is boring. The concept is fine. But the pace is terrible. There is to much focus on humans. but I understand that some fans like that. But I read Transformers for an action packed story about Transforming robots at war. I car about the Transformers. The Transformers history, why they are at war. What lead to it. Who built them. How people came to power. What their relationships are with eachother. Ect.
    They are on earth so there needs to be humans I understand that. But it doesnt need to be the focus.

6. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

The art... look, if I am to buy a comic book, I expect the art to be there. I guess, technically, the art is there, but to be honest I really enjoyed DW's more. Since the art isn't hooking me, it's up to the story.

This re-invention of the wheel thing is hurting more than helping.
    When DW shipped its first issues, we were hooking up again with some old, familiar friends. Not so any more. Now I feel like I have to be re-introduced to someone who recently got amnesia.

I'll stick with it- foar a while longer at least. Things are bound to pick up. But I gotta say... I aint liken' this "fresh" approach much.

SB

7. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Horrible pacing in this issue. I think Furman sometimes forgets that Transformers is a franchise based on ACTION figures, which leads to you expecting a comic with, you know, decent action.

It took them 24 pages to do something that should have occurred in under 10. Bad, bad writing.

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    Perhaps when Dreamwave gets out of bankruptcy court, their continuity can be picked up again by IDW and this one dropped.

9. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

It'd be amusing to see Dreamwave continuity dovetail into a universe that's consumed by Unicron and leads up to The Void...

Reckon it could be done within about three or four issues, too.

10. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I think IDW actually want to make money rather then resume a series that was scaring readers off like the black plauge.

11. Foster

News Credits:
    Ah yes, stock response from the hater...

*disregards*

12. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

... heaven forbid someone disliking the Dreamwave series. And there's an ignore feature that can be used without you having to waste bandwidth making a public display of pretending someones different opinion doesn't exist. If I could muster the gusto I'd dig out the giant rolleyes.

13. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

I'm w/ the people that it's been 4 issues now, and nothing has really happened at all.
    But it's a TF comic so I'll be buying it. I just hope it picks up soon.

What I'd REALLY like to happen is for IDW to pick up where Dreamwave left off and finish the last WarWithin series! Leaving everything up in the air, just sucks donkeyballs.

-Shifty

14. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I loved Dreamwave, but the book was losing readership every month. I don't understand it myself... to me, it was EXACTLY what I wanted in a Transformers book.

I like the new direction though. I like the story, I like the slow pace and mystery, and I like the art. I hope we do pick up at least the War Within 3 storyline at some point and tie up some loose ends, but I'm happy with where IDW is going.

15. Foster

News Credits:
    No, the readership is *much* better served with a new continuity every 25 issues. THERE'S a concept needing some giant rolleyes...

And for the record, when I recieve snark, I dish snark.

16. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

It'd draw in buyers and it's faithful to the source material -- McDonough was extremely keen to bring in TF:TM elements. Just lead it up to a confrontation with Unicron and have the matrix absent or ineffective. Lots of character cameos, epic-scale conflict, etc. Unless someone can say with a straight face we weren't leading up to a big Unicron battle.

17. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am -loving- this. Retellings can be boring, but this ain't boring. For a story about giant sapient transforming robot organisms, the storyline in the IDW continuity feels a helluva lot more realistic than much of what I've read before.

Big props to keeping psycho-Sunstreaker around, too, if I read his lines right.

Gundam legs, I'm ambivalent on. Wouldn't care much if they stayed or left.

And damn, Prowl's a dick. He's all "STFU hero boy, Prime doesn't NEED to hear about this, now go take the humans' stupid little computer and GET RID OF THEM". :D 

High hopes for this continuity.

18. Foster

News Credits:
    Hmmm, Optimus Prime opens the matrix in the maw of Unicron, bearing down on Cybertron's surface...and NOTHING HAPPENS. Furman's precious Grimlock dies first.

You know, I would actually enjoy that.

19. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

It was borderline perfect..a blending of comic/toon continuity, with amazing art, that was leading up to movie-derived events that would have taken place when the movie did, 2005-06. Jesus, it doesn't get any more fanwank than that.

Given where it debuted and the ensuing content, I'll be amazed if the IDW title doesn't suffer from declining readership every month as well. Making twice as many covers as Dreamwave did to puff up sales numbers ain't gonna work for very long.

Overall the art is fine, aside from the waist-down on the robots themselves. The story is just okay so far, but not being helped by the slow start from scratch. I'm not inherently against drawn out storylines with 3 issues of buildup until something actually 'happens' in the fourth issue of the arc (Hello..USM/Bendis?), but c'mon now.
    I still think it's a decent read, but so far it doesn't hold a candle to DW G1 (er, vol. 1 aside).

20. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like this one too.. This and Beast Wars both rock.. Of course this one is gonna be a little slow. They are setting up the story line.