Minor/Repaint: TF Generation Springer Weapon Storage

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by trnsfrmrs1980, Nov 3, 2012.

1. trnsfrmrs1980

trnsfrmrs1980 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    When I heard that Hasbro will be releasing a Generation Springer in Asia, I said finally, an affordable Springer. The item is great however I got disappointed when I learned that the blades does not transform to a sword. Well it is a redeco so what do you expect. So I decided to customize it. I have been collecting Transformers for years and this is the first time I will be customizing a toy, so why not start with this one.

• You will need to have 2 Springer because you will need 2 swords. Well compare to the 3rd Party’s and the BotCon Springer, it is still cheap.
    • First take off the 2 missiles on each side of the wing and set aside the screw. You will need this later.
    • Remove the 2 launchers.
    • Unscrew the side of the cockpit. Take off the entire rotor system which by the way you may apply some force to take it out.
    • Remove the green plate using blade cutter.
    • Separate the grey base from the blades.
    • You may also take off the pin on the grey base however I having difficulties removing it even I heated it up using an iron tip (Soldering Gun). So I left it as it is. It is not going take effect the process anyway.
    • I took my TF DOTM HA Whirl’s rotor system and separated the black base holding the blades.
    • The hole on Whirl’s black base is smaller then the peg of the grey base so I used a Soldering Gun to make the hole bigger. “Sounds dirty!”
    • I cut the 2 tabs both on each side that holds the blade. Leave the other 2 tabs on others sides it does serve a purpose. 2 purposes.
    • Now for this part, you may need to buy a Gundam figure. Maybe a High Grade 1/144 Scale which has the Grey Rubber Socket which normally use for the figure’s ankles. “Thank God my wife collects Gundam!” You will to have 2 of this.
    • Now either drill a hold or use an iron tip (Soldering Gun) to make a hole on the black base where you cut the tabs. The holes are for the screws.
    • Now insert the grey base to the black rotor system screw the rubber sockets on each side.
    • Then glue over the green plate on top of the rotor system.
    • Then place the entire rotor system back to Springer’s back.
    • The Socket will allow you to hold the end of the sword which will serve now as the blades of the rotor. If you do not want that you can always use the original blades of the rotor which it does look really nice too. That is the first purpose of the tabs.
    • Now the second purpose. Transform Springer to robot. Place the wings down sideward. The 2 tabs will fit on the peg holes of the missile launchers which hold the wings in place. Now the wings will not get in the way with the arm movements.
    • You can also use it to store the swords. I was inspired with the TF Prime PRD Wheeljack.
    I was thinking of this or the 3rd Alternate mode but cannot find any wheels that are perfect for that. So I choose this instead.

Attached Files:

2. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sweet! :thumbs2: 

3. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Pretty cool!

4. megatronatlas