TF Gathering at Nemesis & more Universe at TRU?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Junior, May 27, 2009.

1. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Deja Vu....

That still makes no sense because Whirl was original a movie figure. Those Walmart figures were not, and were specifically ordered to be in Movie packaging by Walmart against Hasbro's initial intentions.

Do you really think Hasbro had originally planned to have Whirl/Bludgeon in Universe packaging? Consider that they have never packaged any movie figures in anything BUT movie packaging. (not that I know of anyways)

2. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How can he provide links to the internal TRU computer system? :p 
    He knows. I think the point was, whatever this new thing is, it could be branded either way, as we were told there may be Universe exclusives running during the movie. Based on the name, however, I'd go with movie-branded.
    Yep, AND because everything in movie packaging had been selling like wildfire. While it makes sense to me they'd brand everything as movie this time as well, we don't know for certain yet.

3. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Movie Packaged Arcee Car. Nudge nudge. Mold is ready. Ani--ma--I mean movie line Off Screen cybertronian mode.

4. foratastyplot

foratastyplot Xehn

What I mean to say is, in lieu of getting actual Classics/Universe versions, they're making a sort of "g1 homage series" of movie figures that can stand in for them.

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    honestly it sounds like a decepticon set made up of back ground characters... sweet

6. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

well beast wars predacon warship was the nemesis, I doubt we are getting beast wars though. Perhaps the decepticons have a warship with that name in the movies?

7. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    The Walmart exclusive were repaints of non-movie molds for the Universe line originally. They can put non-movie molds into the movie line. However, Movie molds are legally bound to whatever agreements Hasbro has with Dreamworks and Paramount, so in all probability Hasbro can only sell Movie mold toys as Movie toys and thus it is unlikely that they can sell them as Universe toys or in any other toyline. It is possible that this also extends to original Hasbro designed offscreen movie toys as well.

As for Whirl having a very G1 deco, we've had such before. Remember the Jazz G1-styled redeco?

8. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

sounds like a cool set. I think they should make legends class playsets with props and all that. They should also make a supreme animated omega supreme and put a load of legends in it. Shame that probably wont happen cause animated is over.

9. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    No, but he did say he classified it as rumor and the title of the forum IS Transformers News and Rumors. People always forget the rumors part....:D 

10. Nightwing24

Nightwing24 00 Agent

News Credits:
    sounds interesting I'll have to keep up to date on what this set turns out as.

11. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    True. But, if everyone and their mother hears a rumor and we get a thread for it then things will get insane around here. I'd much prefer seeing links to something substantial. You'd be stunned at the number of "rumors" there are out there that we thankfully don't get threads for.

At first I didn't realize he was talking about an internal system. I thought maybe he was looking through item listings that aren't live yet or something. Kind of like that image hosting page in the Walmart system that turned up recently and is still available despite the fact they pulled all the item listings down.

12. narubrawl

narubrawl Seeker

I have a feeling it's a Nemisis Prime with something else

13. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

I understand your point but if I had something substantial, like an image, there would be no need for speculation. I classified these as rumors because plans and price points change all the time. It's retail. Once day an item could be in the system, then 6 months from now its gone. If you ask the mods, they will tell you I do not post just random stuff.

I have actually had the information on the Nemesis set for a month, but didn't release it till I had some point of reference from the movie to substantiate it. When they discussed Whirl and Bludgeon on a recent call, they were specifically taking about how happy they were with the performance of Countdown and Darkwind, hence the possibility that these could be Universe exclusives.

By Saturday, I wouldn't be surprised if all was revealed by Hasbro at Botcon. Till then, let the speculation continue.

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  14. skywalker

skywalker New Member

News Credits:
    first post... regarding "Gathering at the Nemesis", i've seen this listing since i work at an office who also runs a local TRU and i want to share that it is indeed a 3 pack. Though I have yet to see actual packaging, our buyer confirmed with individual pictures that it was indeed Megatron, The Fallen, and Soundwave (in blue deco). Why blue deco? I don't really know... maybe this is a repaint to show similar G1 colors? Let the speculation begin!
    And yeah, the 2 pack are indeed repaints of wreckage and blackout, perhaps with different heads.

15. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the pack will be Megs,Screamer, and th Fallen's tablet like thing. Though it could be three voyagers. Or, Megs,Screamer, and Soundwave. I don't know. But it sounds like an interesting set. Heck, I'd pay $50for just Voyager Megs, the tablet, and a cool diorama of the Nemesis. That would be awesome.

16. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Welcome to the boards!

Blue Soundwave sounds interesting. I guess it depends on the paint apps that go on top of all that blue, and what (if any) changes they make to the other two.

As for Whirl/Bludgeon, we've seen them several times now. They're for sure under the ROTF banner-
    [​IMG]

17. oddsey

oddsey Fuzzy Wuzzy was a woman?

News Credits:
    And very nice repaints at that!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Sounds cool, can't wait to hear what it is.

19. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:

i would like it if they had cardboard shapes you assembled into the diorama.

20. ChErikS

ChErikS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can confirm that this is correct it is a 3 pack. And also I might as well put it out there since they announced it at our quarterly meeting last week, the reissues that TRU will be getting this fall are Perceptor and the Insecticons. Hope that was worth the wait.

• News Credit News Credit x 1