TF Gathering at Nemesis & more Universe at TRU?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Junior, May 27, 2009.

1. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Let the speculation begin...

Hey gang,

A little bit of rumors here. I classify them as "rumor" just because I don't have pictures to prove it. I came across an interesting listing under #873581 called Transformers Gathering at Nemesis in the TRU system. At a price point of around $50, I would assume this isn't Robot Heroes, but your guess in as good as mine.

Movie Spoiler Alert:
    Does this have anything to do with scene in the movie where Megatron and the other decepticons gather in front of the Fallen on the Nemesis ship?

Also, it seems we will be getting a few exclusives for later in the year including Whirl and Bludgeon. Not sure whether this is a continuation of Universe or some movie repaints. More could be revealed at Botcon this weekend. Personally I am hoping it's Universe.

Till next time.

Junior

Last edited: May 27, 2009
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    No links? Not exactly news without them. Grrrrrrr......

3. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Whirl and Bludgeon are repaints of movie toys.

4. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    hmmm sounds interesting

5. foratastyplot

foratastyplot Xehn

Well, my idea with the Whirl/Bludgeon twopack is that, in essence, they are supposed to be Universe figures, but are branded with the movie so they would be allowed to use those molds and remain on shelves.

6. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    At $50, it'll probably be two Voyagers. I'd guess a Megatron and Fallen repaint set.

It could also be Robot Replicas in a diorama package kind of like some of the GIJoes.

7. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Megatron/The Fallen or possibly Megatron/Starscream is what comes to mind for me.

8. brawl569

brawl569 Autobot

maybee falen megs deluxe scorpinnok

9. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I don't really see it that way. Because the molds originally movie molds anyway.

But Homages Accepted: I'll try and pick up a pack.

Very likely its going to be TFTM molds instead of ROTF. That black skorponok we saw previously could work. I'd actually prefer to get it in a a box set then carded. Just a bit more special. my conjectured set:

Voyager Starscream (rotf voyager mold repaint), Megatron (Rotf voyager repaint), Skorponok (TFTM repaint)

10. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I read a similar argument months ago about some other movie figures that were released as repaints, and I thought it was silly. It still seems strange that people think movie figures repacked in movie line packaging are "supposed" to be Universe figures.

It's just as strange as calling Titanium figures part of the Universe line.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm betting on Megatron and The Fallen plus something that makes the set 50$

12. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

I really think hasbro is thinking outside the box on this one.

Not only do I think it includes Voyager Starscream and Voyager Megatron, but possibly a set that includes that Mirror The Fallen uses to communicate through. Like a Diorama. Similar to the "Screen Battles" except all that cardboard stuff that is used to show the background and detail inside the box is plastic. Think of it as Playmate's new Star Trek line, "The Bridge of the USS Enterprise" where figures can interact with the set.

13. Grimwing

News Credits:
    If toys r us gets a plastic diorama nemesis crash landing sight with a sticker of the fallen across the viewport. It could be great if its not cardboard.

I'm questioning that aspect of the diorama. Its a store exclusive produced in limited quantitys: which would have some custom molded plastic pieces. Not to mention the diorama itself has to pass the department of health and safety. Its just how hasbro has dealt things in the past.

cardboard is cheap and requires no molding or safety testing. I think were sadly getting cardboard.

On the other hand. GIJoe has a similar playset sounding toys r us exclusive line "Headquarters of Heroes"
    So they might get a plastic set as well.

14. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Covert Collector

Yeah, we've seen pics of that 2-pack. It looks nice.
    Wreckage = Decepticon Bludgeon
    Blackout(Evac) = Autobot Whirl

15. omegamaine

omegamaine Well-Known Member

maybe it has something to do withthe 25th ann like a old prim and movie prim thats my guess

16. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    I hope its some black repaint of bots

17. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think it's so strange, Fracture, BigDaddy, and Getaway, were IIRC pretty explicitly described by Hasbro as being intended as Classics/Universe Characters/Deco's but simply got shoved in Movie packaging as it was the line on the shelves at the time.

Given that Bludgeon and Whirl are decidedly "Off Screen" characters at best, Whirl at least is VERY much in his G1 Deco, I could imagine they might be doing something similar with this set. Whirl is definitely going with MY classics shelf. If there IS a licenseing issue with the chopper-mold like there is with the cars, all the more reason why a "Universe-intended" redeco can only come out in a movie year/in movie packaging.

D/L

18. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Possibly Voyager Megatron, Starscream AND The Fallen in one pack?

19. Grimwing

News Credits:
    Cybertron Molds really logically look like classics universe figures. They have the "correct" mecha lines.

And to each his own. The use of the allspark power evacs retooled head could look really nice as whirl. I'm also aware there are some tampographed numbers from this repaint that can be read as whirl's original name "Oberon Gazette"

from the Takatoku line g1 whirl, jetfire, Roadbuster, and the Deluxe Insecticons were licensed from.

Your technically right. But the retailers were pushing for a lot of new movie product at the time. And hasbro did at one point say these repaints (divebomb, Grindcore, Big Daddy, and Jolt) were intended for universe but had to be released under the movie subline by walmarts request.

To crankcase's packageing detriment. The Blue truck on allspark blue backing card was unfortunate.

20. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Voyager Megatron, Voyager Starscream, and the triangle communications pane with The Fallen's image embossed in it with metallic pain apps for the pane and on some areas of the figures is my guess. Maybe have the pane "floating" by means of a transparent stick above a base.