Fan Art: TF Fonts in 2021

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by GAUGE, Feb 8, 2021.

1. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Have there ever been any NEW Up-to-date Transformers Fonts made?

I'm trying to find fonts for the Prime Trilogy and the current War For Cybertron Trilogy.

So many really nice looking fonts used in the last few series worth of Logos.

It's really a shame to see the designs go to waste.

I myself can't seem to find any on the usual font sites. I was hoping maybe some awesome fans here made some and have them uploaded some place I just haven't looked yet.

All help is greatly appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Not a single reply? That's unfathomable. :lol 

Dang! I thought for sure ya'll would know something. :( 

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    So I figure this is as good a place as any for this...

I've been looking into the "Beast Wars" font, and I've made some interesting discoveries.

First of all, yes I know, there is a fan-made font.
    beast-wars-font-character-map.png

There's only one problem: This font is based solely on the letters A, B, E, R, S, T and W. Everything else is made up.
    Transformers_Beast_Wars_text_logo.png beastwars-73562.png BW Hi-res.jpg

EDIT: I just realized the United States only "Machine Wars" toyline used the same font for its logo as the "Beast Wars" title, except the "Beast Wars" logo uses italic letters whereas the "Machine Wars" title does not.
    Machine_Wars_logo.png

So this gives us the additional letters C, I, M and N, which also match up with the fan-made font.

So I've been looking into other official logos that use the same font.

Wait, you say... what other "official logos"?

Well, for starters, the Beast Wars toyline had different titles for different markets. Here are the European "Biocombat" and "Ani Mutants" titles:
    Biocombat 1.jpg Biocombat 2.jpg Biocombat 3.jpg Biocombat 4.jpg
    Ani Mutants 1.jpg Ani Mutants 2.jpg Ani Mutants 3.jpg Ani Mutants 4.jpg

These give us the letters O and U, but there are already several problems: The letters C, I, M and N all don't match up with those from the "Machine Wars" title.

Meanwhile, in Canada and Latin America, the Beast Wars toyline had two additional titles: "Guerre des Bêtes" and "Guerra de Bestias".
    BW  Bilingual 1.jpg BW Trilingual 1.jpg BW Trilingual 2.jpg BW Trilingual 3.jpg Guerra de Bestias 1.jpg

This gives us a "G"... but there are again problems, this time with the letters I and U. While the latter doesn't match up with the European versions, the former also doesn't match up with the "Machine Wars" logo, thus making it the third version of the letter I.

There was also a French Canadian TV title, "Robots-Bêtes", which doesn't match the French Canadian toyline title:
    Robots-Betes 1.jpg Robots-Betes 2.jpg Robots-Betes 3.jpg Robots-Betes 4.jpg

This gives us another "O", which also doesn't match up with the European/Italian "Biocombat" toyline title. Also, the accented "Ê" doesn't match up with the French Canadian "Guerre des Bêtes" toyline title either.

Lastly, there's the English Canadian TV title, "Beasties".
    Beasties 1.jpg Beasties 2.jpg

This gives us the fourth "I", which doesn't match up neither with the United States "Machine Wars" title, the European "Biocombat" and "Ani Mutants" toyline titles nor with the Latin American "Guerra de Bestias" toyline title.

So it seems Hasbro and other official parties simply created their custom letters based around the US toyline title. And the fan-made font doesn't match up with any of those aside from the US title and the "Machine Wars" title.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Beemer

Beemer Coined "Sunbowner" TM (C) R

News Credits:
    Fascinating stuff. I don't have much to contribute other than wishing you luck!

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Update: Added the "Machine Wars" logo.