TF CYBERVERSE CHAPTER 1: EP. 8. "TERMINAL VELOCITY" DISCUSSION (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by AirjitzuRonin, Sep 16, 2018.

?

What did you think of the episode?

1. 1/5 - Scrap

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  2. 2/5 - Poor

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  3. 3/5 - Fine

11 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. 4/5 - Good

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. 5/5 - Prime!

14 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. Thewatcher88

Thewatcher88 Well-Known Member

Screw Hasbro for killing Blurr.

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I know I can’t catch you... but I can... infect you...

• Like Like x 1
  3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Well this episode just opened up a bag of questions.

1. How does the Psychic Patch work with only one not?

2. Why couldn't Bumblebee do that without the psychic path, it's his own mind after all, he shouldn't even need it except to patch a second bot into his mind.

3. This is kinda a continued question from a previous episode but I'm including it here anyway, how did he not know he could talk inside his mind, does he not experience inner monologue when the Patch isn't connected.

4. If Bumblebee doesn't experience inner monologue and can't access his memories without the Psychic Patch then how do any Transformers ever remember anything without being hooked up to one?

I thought the whole purpose of the Patch was so Windblade could see the damage to his memory and help him repair it but Bumblebee using it on his own without Windblade makes absolutely no sense. He should be able to access his own mind without it.

Next question, considering how fast the Cosmic Rust seemed to spread how come it didn't start spreading immediately when that Wheeljack looking dude stepped out of the Space Bridge. I know he's not actually Wheeljack because of the darker color scheme and different voice I'm just referencing that head design with the Wheeljack ears. Does he have some kind of immunity to it? He was carring something and seemed as if he might of been spreading the cosmic rust intentionally. Sure he seemed a little beat up but it didn't seem to spreading directly from him. And why would he seem so protective of those cases if the cosmic rust was comming from him? I think he had some kind of weapon in those cases and the rust might be affecting him to some extent from the use of the weapon but he seems to have some immunity to it preventing it from taking him over complety like it does with everything else it touches.

Finally... they talk about Blurr staying behind to shut down the space bridge but then you see him turn to dust before he can actually shut it down. Bumblebee hadn't gone threw the space bridge yet. So how did they shut the space bridge down? And why couldn't it be shut off from the other side? Isn't there a control panel on both sides of the space bridge? Unless they opened it to a location that didn't already have one.

OK bad parts of the episode out of the way...

I like this version of Blurr. And since we could possibly be seeing Bumblebee's memories out of order there's a chance he could appear again.

I like Hot Rod in this and I feel like Blurr getting his name wrong calling him Hot Shot could be a reference to the similar names, the fact that Hot Shot also lead the Autobot's in Optimus' absence, Hot Shot's power link's colors being similar to Hot Rod's, Cybertron Hot Shot having similar spoiler that also sticks up on his back in robot mode, plus a very Hot Rod looking repaint of that mold as well, also in WfC Hot Rod was actually named Hot Shot.

I wonder if there will be an actual Hot Shot in this series or if calling Hot Rod by the wrong name is just going to be a running joke.

4. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Dunno who the red seeker is.

I noticed a few references to Stephen King and Iron Man.

Poor Blurr. :( 

5. maurice

maurice Well-Known Member

Thrust I think.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Venixion

News Credits:

Well, I mean the original Transformers cartoon has a cosmic rust episode and it was for little kids.

I didn't like how they glossed over what is supposed to be a sad, tramautizing memory with a funny moment. Not cool Hasbro.

7. maurice

maurice Well-Known Member

They seem to do that all the time Yeah..

I looked it up the original had a higher rating though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Venixion

News Credits:
    Seems someone made a faster spreading rust plague.

Right?

Hasbro exec 1: Lets rehash an episode about biological warfare.

Hasbro exec 2: That's kinduva heavy topic to lay on little kids man. Lets make Bee hit his head so the kiddies won't cry.

Hasbro 1: Kay.

9. scrapmetaru

scrapmetaru Well-Known Member

Bee's not just going down memory lane for no reason though; he has amnesia. The patch is a medical tool for brain access, and presumably makes it easier to navigate the mind by turning the consciousness into an avatar of sorts, which is important when trying to repair a delicate and complicated machine like the brain.

10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Yeah I get that. But the patch is meant to give someone ELSE access to his mind so that that other person can evaluate the damage and aid in repairs. Bumblebee doing that TO HIMSELF makes absolutely no sense.

The consciousness is already an avatar of sorts naturally. Or at least it should be. This makes it look like Transformers can't access their own damn mind without a psychic patch. Even if Bumblebee's memories weren't damaged thanks to this episode I now question how any Transformer can ever access their memories without using this device.

The Psychic Patch should not be nessicary for a character to access their own mind. They should already have access to their own mind 24/7 because it's their mind. Without Windblade being there to guide him there's no reason to even have the Patch link in this episode. That space is something that should always exists with or without the patch.

11. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bumblebee doesn't need the patch to "have memories and thoughts", you're misremembering the reason he is even connected to the computer in first place.

Windblade specifically said in Episode 2 that they're connecting Bee's brain to the Ship's main computer so that the proccessing power boost can let him make sense of the stray and broken thoughts in his messed up memory.

It's the same reason he acts like a crazy guy when outside of his brain but goes back to normal when connected to the ship's processor.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SonicGX98

SonicGX98 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Okay...I mean yes, props to Hasbro for killing off Blurr, but...Didn't it feel WAY too rushed?

Like, he was apparently supposed to be one of Bumblebee's closest friends, and he doesn't mourn him at all! I would've liked to see a little epilogue with Windblade asking Bee what he was remembering and him telling her about Blurr and how sad he was about it so she would console him. It was just so rushed IMO.

And the ending was so abrupt too. Like I gotta give props to Cyberverse for showing a death and all that, but this could've been done a lot better. 3/5 for me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is never said Blurr was one of Bee's closest friends. He is just one guy he knew from Velocitron. Like yes, it was rushed, but there's no indication they had a big connection at any point. He touches Hot Rod physically and other friendly body language but Blurr doesn't really get any of that.

14. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

It was said the moment Blurr was introduced. Bumblebee literally said Blurr was one of his closest friends. And he was just as friendly to Blurr as he was to Hot Rod. Hot Rod and Blurr however were just meeting for the first time and didn't seem to like each other that much.

15. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the issue with 10 minutes episodes. More drama stuff like that will be left out.

16. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bumblebee didn't. Bumblebee isn't even the one that brings Blurr first.

Hot Rod says "Where's your friend" and Blurr says "Don't you mean his fastest friend?". That's that, introductions end and the snark between HotRod and Blurr starts. They barely interact beyond Bee asking them where they're gonna race after that. It's a horrible episode, but Bee did not call Blurr an important friend.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Friend was stated twice even according to you. And important is already implied by the word friend. I feel sorry for any friends of yours if you think otherwise.

18. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that the fact you're trying to make guesses about my being because I pointed to someone that they got a detail wrong on a cartoon makes it look like you're touchy and grumpy you were wrong about a plot point in a cartoon.

Not every friend is a close friend, much less "one of my closest friends", I have friends that I've had alot more contact in my life than others, naturally one of those dying would make me sadder than one of those where the link is less intense. It's natural, and I feel bad for any one that lives around you if they have to deal with your socially oblivious behaviour daily.

19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

You seem to be confusing friend with accantence. Someone you know but aren't really close to, that's not really a friend.

20. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah nah. I've had friends that have been with me for 14 years since school days. I have friends from work that are still friends but not remotely on the same level as someone like the guy I've spent 2/3 of my life hanging out with. There is such a thing as being closer to a certain set of friends than others, but it doesn't fall into acquaintance territory. I save acquaintance for my building's clerk or my local bakery's staff.