TF CYBERVERSE CHAPTER 1: EP. 4. "THE JOURNEY" DISCUSSION (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by AirjitzuRonin, Sep 1, 2018.

?

What did you think of the episode?

1. 1/5 - Scrap

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. 2/5 - Poor

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. 3/5 - Fine

10 vote(s)
    29.4%
  4. 4/5 - Good

16 vote(s)
    47.1%
  5. 5/5 - Prime!

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

During its journey from Cybertron, the Ark's Energon supplies run low and the desperate crew is forced to enter stasis.

Airdate; September 22, 2018

2. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I watched this on Demand a day or two ago. This one was my favorite episode of the first four I watched.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    I want to see it

• Like Like x 2
  4. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was a classic episode of Star Trek, just featuring Transformers.

I think this was the first time that the action didn't feel stilted and awkward, which was my biggest complaint about the earlier episodes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Flashformers

Flashformers Will draw for Grand Galvatron

I've had the privilege of getting to watch this one, and I have to say, Cyberverse looks to have a bright future ahead of it. Spoilers from here on out, if you want to go in blind.
    We get a nice bit of continuity, with Bumblebee's time on the Ark being spotlighted. Evidently, the time Ratchet fixed his voicebox was sometime on this voyage, as he speaks normally throughout this episode, while previously not being able to prior to boarding.

We get some background cameos from Ratchet and Chromia, and a few lines from Wheeljack, who sounds a bit like Prime Ratchet.

The new take on Intellectual Grimlock is fun, I would like to see more of him, as well as his dino mode.

The main plot of the episode is Grimlock and Bumblebee looking for energon, as the Ark is on short supply. They discover a small reserve underground on a planet, but realize it is being fed on by alien bug creatures. Optimus pulls them back, claiming that the Autobots cannot put their own needs before that of another species, and cannot take the resources that they sustain themselves with. It's a nice bit of characterization for Optimus, and gives us a good idea of what this version is like going forward.

The episode ends with Wheeljack finally getting a lock on the Allspark's location, having been trying to track it throughout the episode. However, everyone has entered their stasis pods already, with only Bumblebee being able to see the location: Earth.

So this episode solidifies the premise for the rest of the show. The Ark, and the other Autobots are crashed somewhere on Earth, and the Allspark as well. (Very Movie inspired combined with G1). As such, Bumblebee is the only one who has any information about either's whereabouts, therefore it's up to Windblade and him to repair his memories to track them down. It's a fun little show and I hope it keeps up the pace.

All in all I'd give Cyberverse a 6-7/10. It has promise and it looks to bring good things in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seripa

Seripa Servant of Unicron

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    where?

7. AshleyCuadra

News Credits:

How did you see the episode

8. TLP

TLP Ain't No Chicken Wing

News Credits:
    I need to watch this now...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

Xfinity, cable.

10. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

I wanna to see this episode so badly…

11. Flashformers

Flashformers Will draw for Grand Galvatron

I have Xfinity, so I got Episodes 3 and 4 early. I quite enjoyed both of them :) )

12. AshleyCuadra

News Credits:
    Is xfinity app right and does it cost much to watch the episodes

13. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

Any chance you could be convinced to record them with Bandicam and throw them up on Dailymotion? Please? Pretty please? Pretty please with a like on top? ;) 

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

okay so with episode one and two I was thinking welllll this has potential, but its a little slow moving. These two episodes (3 and 4) have demonstrated a couple of things to me.

• the story is gearing up and chugging along. they're gonna keep it pushing which is a good thing
    • cockney megatron wasn't something I knew I needed
    • they've clearly thought out some kind of "master timeline" to be able to jump from timepoint to timepoint. i'm enjoying the "fill in the blanks" style of storytelling, it makes me clamor for the next piece of the puzzle.
    • windblade is likable thank god
    • the allspark clearly has a "cosmic plan" of sorts and has chosen bumblebee, for, something.
    • i'm detecting some grim foreshadowing with Grimlock (sorry I couldn't help it), especially if the Ark crashed I doubt Bumblebee would be the only Autobot damaged. The fitting "ME GRIMLOCK" into a proper sentence was some good fanwank, but between that and the "slow and groggy" line about waking up from stasis, I feel like its setting up a "reverse Grimlock's new brain" kind of scenario where he suffers some kind of severe processor damage to make himself more like his G1 self.
    • in episode 3 there's totally seekers and autobots shot to death, which tells me this show is probably an "Animated" situation where its presentation is vibrant and not always super-serious, but they're not gonna tiptoe around death or war. Smart and mature storytelling can still exist in "cartoony" evironments.
    • those fucking creatures are straight up lovecraft and they make me uncomfortable. interesting that it shows organic life can survive on energon too, and that its not an exclusive to cybertron or transformers substance or fuel/food source. interesting that optimus was cool shooting first and asking questions later, but decided to spare the creatures once he realized they were feeding on the energon. shows his G1 "freedom his the right" personality is prominent, but perhaps he's not "perfect". fallible Optimii are my favorite
    • the alt modes I think can be explained this way: they've been on Earth before. For one reason or another Bee, Prime, and some other Autobots have been on Earth, perhaps even fighting Decepticons for some reason somehow. Bee has memory fragments showing varied Earth environments that I think might suggest this. we'll see.
    good episode. this series really is shaping up nicely, so long as they keep up this pace and thought.

• Like Like x 4
  15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I watched this on Demand last night. Grimlock appeared in episode 3 as well but didn't talk. It was just a brief cameo there but here he gets more screen time and we hear him speak for the first time...

I'm not a big fan of Grimlock's original voice so I'm glad he isn't the "Me Grimlock" type. However I still expected something similar to how he was in RID2015... or even RID2001 would of suited him. The voice we got here doesn't really fit, he sounds like Tracks. He looks like Grimlock, they call him Grimlock, but he doesn't sound like Grimlock. Every time he speaks I just hear Tracks.

Tracks hasn't really been a main character in any Transformers series since G1. He did have a speaking cameo in Animated where he just freaks out after seeing an organic life form but that's it. I like Tracks, I'd love to see him as a main character again and that voice just reminds me of him. Why the heck did they make Grimlock sound like a totally different character?

Not really too big on Optimus Prime's voice either. Some times it sounds OK other times it sounds like a bad Peter Cullen impression. It's just not really very consistent. I didn't really like David Kaye's Optimus either because he doesn't even sound like Optimus but at least he's consistent. This guy changes between trying to do his own thing which sounds OK and trying to be Peter Cullen which sounds terrible. He obviously doesn't have the vocal range to pull that off so he should really quit trying to pull off a "Peter Cullen" impression and just do a decent Optimus Prime voice his own way.

I could see him possibly getting better in future episodes but for now he seems like he isn't sure how he wants to play Optimus yet.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Your wording is a bit confusing but...

1. The App is free assuming you already have an Xfinity account. If Xfinity is not already your cable provider then they're going to make you sign up for an account and that's going to cost money. You might as well switch to Xfinity as your regular cable provider so you don't end up having to pay for two different cable bills.

2. You can not access the episodes on the App anyway. 1 and 2 are available on the Xfinity App. Episodes 3 and 4 are in home only.

I was only able to watch these episodes last night because I just got home yesterday. I didn't even realize episode 4 was available at all till last night so 3 may of popped up on the App, I haven't checked since I've been home but I know on Thursday when I last looked at the App episode 3 was showing it was available but when I looked at it the Watch button was grayed out saying "In Home Only" next to it.

17. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    very cool episode, love the supposed larger autobot force and development in optimus. the more we see of past bee, the more I like him. still not a fan of grimlock, but do feel like tis building up to him as the wild dinobot. loved seeing ratchet and chromia, but wish we saw them more and they talked.

18. maurice

maurice Well-Known Member

If it's gonna be a Bumblebee is the choosen one and all decepticons are bad and the allspark chooses the autobots over the Decepticons kind of show then you can really give up on it right now..

19. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    I'm aware that all of flashbacks are Bees perspective, so I can forgive some things, but this Optimus is horrible, and Grimlock stomping around in bot mode was also bad.

This Optimus appears to make speeches out of everything, makes bad decisions for the sake of plot. The supply issue under a real Leader should not have occurred. Firstly you should establish a baseline for individual rations and ship reserves; the point where you place essential crew in hibernation, the minimal crew to maintain the ship. Establish the mission Abort requirements.

There was no plan to maintain a long search, with limited supplies, and no established resupply plan other than dumb luck.

As I said I can forgive somethings because of Bee's brain damage, but if it becomes a trend we're everything in Bee's mind in skewed, we have no concrete charater development inside Bee's mind, only Bee's opinion. Also Bee's a Scout, he wouldn't be in the know on the Arks logistics, it is frustrating that very little is happening with no reason.

• Like Like x 2
  20. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    At first I disliked the 'Captain's Log' because it felt Cliche. Now that I know they advanced the Metaplot with a Star trek episode....

Much better. Also Wheeljack being the madman he should be was great

• Like Like x 1