TF Con Fansproject Booth Pictures (New Products!)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TM2 D-bot, Apr 25, 2009.

1. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Want that Rodimus Upgrade Armour. :bay 
    Springer looks miles awesome. :rock 
    Mammoth bot = Kickass. :bay 
    Wreckgar wannabe = Just a shadow, will wait to see better pics.
    New combiner bot = ditto. Wait and see.
    All in all damn-- Thats some seriously top notch stuff from Fans Project.
    WICKED. :D  :thumb 

2. acave720

acave720 Well-Known Member

The price for these will be sky high. The Hot Rod Upgrade probably won't be to bad.

3. jtfire

jtfire Well-Known Member

OMG Amazing

4. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

*sigh* i must have that rodimus upgrade!!

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Man! I just can't stop looking at these.

6. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I want the Rodimus upgrade and Springer.

The others will all be on a case-to-case basis.

7. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Why they all have Knock Off names? XD
    So far i'm loving "Springer" and the Rodimus upgrade set.

8. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

Holy SH!T!!!

I bougth City Commander ASAP when it came out and itgs AWESOME. Ver excited about these upcoming items.

As of now, Im definitely getting:

G3 Trailer (at 1st I didnt plan to, but they've revealed/added so many features/extras, I gotta have it!)

Protector (CC was get, and it's lookin to be the same with this, and im sure there are some yet-to-be-revealed features!)

Defender (Instant buy, PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Collector (2 pack, BOUGHT! PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

9. WarMachine73

WarMachine73 Well-Known Member

Hey Hasbro, first rule of "Economic Stimulus"...Take a cue from FansProject and start making awsome stuff again that's worth buying!
    Money may be tight but I'll start selling non-vital parts of my anatomy to get funds for this stuff.
    I have to say it's funny as hell when a corporate giant gets it's ass handed to it by the little guys as far as popularity and quality of product. Go FansProject!! Do you guys do software 'cause Microsoft needs a lesson in humility too.

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Note to FansProject:

Keep your prices as low as possible, and you will be able to double your quantities easily. Seriously. Demand for these items will be so high, the ONLY object will be price for most fans. I know small studio releases like this cost more than mass-produced runs by the big boys, but I really hope they can do enough business with these to offer enticing prices.

These are so damn cool, it will break my heart if I can't afford them. :( 

zmog

11. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scew that^

Make the awesome stuff, even if it's expensive.

If i wanted cheap affordable stuff made for the masses, i'd trick myself into thinking movie designs were decent and give hasbro more cash.

But I don't.

12. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

these are just breathtaking. my only concern is... ...will kapow be able to get any of these.

but about some of the toys, protector looks cool but there doesnt seem to be that much added on to the toy itself so how much of that trailer is going to be spare and made a gun aint to ptomising. also the knees look like they will be like alt prime. that add on looks like it doubles his shins length!!!

springer looks so cool hasbro should be ashamed of just giving us a repaint hope it fits in size wise with CC and protector. bit blocky tho

??? looks awesome to very futueristic looking but thats cool with me can't realy say more accept about matching scale again.

collector looks awesome I want to see him the most. the proportions look great. those big legs look cool for a bike bot. again scale. I don't realy like fan characters but these guys I could love. bet they will be g1 styled. so no cool fully posablecombiner for us.... yet.

the trailer looks cool that mirror gimmick is very clever but ultimatly will never be perfect.

didn't know that the superion was by FP wonder if they do anything by them selves

now for the glacialbots. wow Ilove the g1 art and the animatic sketch to. looks like the left arm is a sabertooth. can't make out the rest. hope this guy is on par with predaking to be honest they look the perfect counterpart (bruticus to defensor, superion to menasor etc)

overall I like that season 3 is getting all the love. these character never did get enough attention apart for RP UM and arcee. but I have to say I wouldnt mind a reflector though.

bad side is that these guys are so close to getting grief from hasbro if they go ahead with actual characters, however did you notice that I never said they were making a tranfromer by name lol. love you loads

13. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

not sure, FP said that it's not for profit, and Hasbro hasn't made any announcement over a Classics Springer lately

14. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

The upgrade set for Energon Superion shouldnt be too much should it?

15. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

Man o man! Great stuff. That Glacial bot is truly inspiring. The Mammoth animation design make me wish these guys would design a new G1 inspired show! Loving that combiner!!

16. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    They said it's going to be the lowest volume production of any of the sets thier doing, so it could get up their. Especially if the retailers set the prices. Plus it's going to be in HUGE demand, so start saving.

17. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Don't know if it was mentioned or not, but FP told me that Collector (Wreckgar) is actually a set....twin brother and sister, which transform into individual robots. The smaller/female one Transforms into a sporty type bike and the larger/brother forms a beefier bike (he describes it at Harley type) They then combine while in robot forms to form a larger "super" gestalt mode.

Also, saw some people wondering what's up with the names. FP can't use names from Hasbro, thought that was obvious. I talked with the FP guys all weekend, was the highlight of my weekend here in Toronto when he said "oh my god, you're frenzyrumble?!?!?" apparently he and his office are fans of my customs, he even asked for a photo with me, lol.

But these guys are great, it's not about competition with Hasbro, they are doing their own thing for a much tighter, smaller market. Their prices show that. I think, in Hasbro's defense, if they were able to retail their products at $80 USD and up, we'd see much nicer stuff from them too.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  18. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - G3 Trailer - It looks very good, they've loaded it with lots of neat features and extra weapons...but I just don't have (a) room to display trailers or (b) $80 to spend on this right now.
    - Superion upgrade - Definite purchase, I can't wait to see some colour images and pictures of how the combiner kibble interacts with the individual toys. Depending on the price and colours, I might even pick up an extra for Energon Superion Maximus.
    - Protector armor - The one I'm anticipating the most of all of these. If it's anything like the City Commander Armor, it'll be the new must-have.
    - "Springer" - Very nice and I'm looking forward to seeing how they pull it off. But, given how expensive previous FP stuff has been, I'm a little wary of how much a unique mold, Deluxe triple-changer from them is going to cost.
    - "Broadside", "Wreck-Gar" - Same as "Springer": Looks good, I'm concerned about the eventual price.
    - "Glacialbot" - This looks really awesome. Assuming it's going to be as "retro" as they suggest, the individual pieces should be relatively inexpensive due to not having a lot of joints or complicated transformation. Looking forward to seeing more of this and the other pieces.

19. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    If this was the kind of stuff the TFCC sold as exclusives, they'd sell a hell of a lot of them. But alas...:thumbdown 

20. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Me, too.

With the way Fansproject is doing figures Hasbro is somewhat "lazy" to do, who knows we might get a modern-day toy of eveyone's favorite six-mode changer.