TF Collector Discussions

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by Lore Keeper, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Lore Keeper

Lore Keeper Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Something I've wanted to do since I started my channel was branch out beyond toy reviews and delve into full discussion videos. And now, I've finally done it! I decided to start the series with one of my favorite aspects of Transformers: Beast Wars. I hope you all enjoy my first foray into a new video genre. Any feedback, positive or negative, is much appreciated. :) 

• Like Like x 3
  2. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That actually was very interesting. I learned some things and enjoyed it. Great overview of that aspect of the TF franchise and history. Thanks for taking the time to script it and present it as well as you did. What specific aspects do you expect to revisit in greater detail? Will there be discussions that focus primarily on, say, just the BW TV series? And/or, perhaps, just certain subgroups of the toys (Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Transmetals, etc.)? I had an Optimal Optimus myself, once upon a time. That was probably my favorite BW toy.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  3. Lore Keeper

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Honestly, I'm open to discussing any subject. I do kind of want to retread some more specifics within the Beast Wars series because this video was looking at it through an eagle eye view. I like the idea of doing segments on individual subgroups of the toys. I'll keep that in mind. Someone left a comment on the video suggesting I do one on combiners, which also sounds like a lot of fun. They're one of my favorite aspects of the Transformers franchise.

• Like Like x 3
  4. fschuler

News Credits:
    Some background on the development of the BW toy line and the original figures would be an awesome start, I think. There are lots of things in there that I am simply not familiar with. I was two years deep into college when BW came out, so, I unfortunately missed out on a lot of the stuff from those early days.

I'd also like to compliment you on your style of delivery. Far too many TF/Action figure Youtubers tend to throw a bunch of gimmicks and over-the-top personality into their videos to the extent that the message gets lost. You seem to approach it and deliver it from the perspective of a documentarian. That actually makes the video watchable, memorable and useful. And, there are LOADS of toy reviews on YouTube, so, I would love to see some more of this type of information and background. I know it's a lot more work than a simple toy review, but it would be worth it.

And I agree that a Combiner-centric video would be a great idea as well. They were probably the most interesting group to me during the G1 years, and pretty much every TF series since then has incorporated at least some form of Combiner functionality.

5. Lore Keeper

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The delivery was a tough thing for me to figure out. I agree that there are too many Youtubers that have these fake, over the top personas that I personally find to be rather annoying. In the end, I just read the script aloud as if I was talking to someone in the room with me. And yes, it is a lot more work. Took me about eight hours to make this < 10 minute video.

6. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

You've got a cool voice, reminds me of Charlie Sheen and Will Friedle.

I could see you voice acting a younger but mature character like IDW Skids, Sideswipe or Sunstreaker.

Nice video. I laughed when Smeagol and Dr. EVIL appeared.

I see you only joined here last month. Welcome aboard. Hope to see more of your videos.

7. Lore Keeper

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks for the kind words. Voice acting is actually something I've wanted to do for a long time, ever since watching the voice sessions for the Legacy of Kain games. My life took a different turn with my career and starting a family. But, maybe one day I'll pursue it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Prime Noble

You're very welcome.

The Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver games were magnificent.

The story and voice acting were phenomenal.

I've always wanted to try voice acting myself. Never say never. I got to do my first stand up gig last month and really enjoyed it.

9. Lore Keeper

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's awesome! I have a few buddies from high school that went on to do stand up and they love it. I hope it really pans out for you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lore Keeper

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Fun fact. The guy who voiced Sideswipe is the same guy that voiced Raziel in Legacy of Kain, Michael Bell. He's also the voice of Bombshell, Brainstorm, First Aid, Prowl, Scrapper, and Swoop.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Prime Noble

Oh I'm well aware of that. Can't believe it's 19 years since I picked up the first Soul Reaver.

12. Lore Keeper

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, it's been 15 years since the last full fledged LoK game came out. There are some rumblings of a possible new game, but I'm done getting my hopes up. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    Very nicely done. I'd like to see you do episodes on: The Unicron Trilogy and the movieverse.

14. Lore Keeper

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Those sound like fun. I'll put them on the to do list.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lore Keeper

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've finally finished work on my next discussion video! In order to do the subject justice, I've decided to split the discussion into several parts. I hope you all enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  16. fschuler

News Credits:
    Awesome. Thanks for posting that. Keep them coming. Again, I learned some stuff I didn't previously know...especially as it pertains to the Japanese-only toys.

17. Prime Noble

Nice video. Looking forward to the next one.

18. Lore Keeper

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Glad you guys liked it. I'm going to push very hard to make sure part 2 doesn't get delayed as much as part 1 did.

19. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

Great video only have one comment

You stated that in Japan after the first Beast Wars cartoon ended, instead of releasing the Transformers universe line they went to beast wars neo and beast wars two

That is not accurate BWNeo and BW2 were released between the seasons of the first BW cartoon

20. Lore Keeper

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I see what you're saying. It wasn't my intention to say that Universe and Japanese BW were released concurrently, but my poor wording certainly seems to imply that. I'll need to be more careful in the future. Thanks for pointing that out. ;)