TF Club auto-renewing people?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by metrotitan, Oct 19, 2012.

1. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a heads up to people out there who were club members, but who don't plan on renewing this year. I received the following email this afternoon (almost ignored it.....glad I didn't). It appears that they automatically were going to renew my membership and charge my card, even though I didn't plan on renewing this year (and didn't ask for it). It looks like they did it just because I was a member last year. Just a heads up for anyone else who might be in the same boat.

This is a reminder that a transaction for the following items is scheduled to be processed within 15 DAYS. If you have any questions about this upcoming invoice, please contact the Collector Club support at: [email protected].

Please go to TransformersClub.com or GIJoeClub.com and click on store, log in and put a card on file and your membership will automatically renew on your anniversary date. After your renewal, you may go in and delete your credit card. If you do not have a credit card on file, the system will not be able to renew your membership. If you don't have a card on file, you will receive a decline notice. The system will automatically try to run your renewal 3 times. After that, your log-in will still be valid but you will not be able to purchase anything from the club until you process a new membership.

2. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Pretty sure they told us about this when the new store came up.

3. slackerforhire

slackerforhire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think I remember FunPub mentioning it when they set up the new system... still, this is a good reminder for people since that was a while ago.

4. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they did, great. I just haven't been paying attention since I was done with the club. For anyone else like me, maybe it could just serve as a helpful reminder.

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i wished there was a way just to turn off autorenew cause there is no way in hell i am renewing. good thing they don't have my newest debit card on file

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What have they said in the case of already paying for the figure subscription, but not wanting to renew membership?

7. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Heck - they sent me an email a couple weeks before my own autorenewal to let me know they were doing that unless I changed something.

I've got nothing against autorenewal as a system in this day and age.

8. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Figure subscriptions are a separate from the membership system. You only needed to be a member when you ordered the sub service - you don't need to maintain a membership in the club.

9. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Best of luck to them renewing mine. It's the card that they compromised and is since history.

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks, that's good to know.

11. Secretcode

Secretcode Guilty of Cheese Crimes Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    If you do NOT have a card in their system, it doesn't matter.

12. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    They did this last year too. Just remove your credit card info and the system will give up. It'll send you a few more warnings, though.

13. Forcehunter

Forcehunter Well-Known Member

Did not get this. But then again, I did not put in a new credit card after the system went back online. I guess that means I am not up for auto renewal. It would also explain why I could not buy some items from their sale as it only had a record of me being a Joe Club member. I still didn't get the notice for that one either...