TF Animated is THE BEST TF Cartoon Since......

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

So far it's BW=TFA=G1>RID>AEC. Haven't watched BM yet.

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Animated is a ton of fun. I really enjoy it.

3. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Black Arachnia showed up on Earth. It turned out she was once Elita-1, the female piece of the Optimus Prime/Sentinel Prime/Elita-1 trio. She had the power to absorb another being's ability and use it as her own. After a fierce battle with some organic spiders on a planet that the trio was on looking for a crashed Decepticon cruiser full of energon, she fell in to the ship as it was exploding, while Optimus Prime and Sentinel Prime barely escaped. She was injected with a venom, and her body transformed into an organic/metallic fusing. She is with the Decepticons because she feels they accept her for what she is, plus she feels they can best aid her to find a cure for her organic form, where as the Autobots would simply poke and pry at her to discover how it happened. She is pissed at Optimus Prime, but at the same time misses her old friend.

Sari was given a present for her birthday ... Soundwave! She kept using the AllSpark key on him to keep powering him up (part of Megatron's plan) and Soundwave eventually grew sentient and started his own agenda, that machines should rule and humans should perish. He became a Decepticon with Megatron's influence, and attempted to take over the city using sound waves (gasp!). Other robots combined with him to give him his "ultimate form", but a punch from Bulkhead broke him apart, so that only a small cassette player (G1) remains, but it blinks a Decepticon light.

Lugnut and Blitzwing showed up on Earth looking for Megatron. Lugnut was contacted by Megatron, and thus Lugnut and Blitzwing decided to search for the AllSpark/Autobots. Massive battles ensue. Ratchet calls their ship "old friend", it's colored like G1 Omega Supreme now, and his gun turret is more or less Omega Supreme's head. With the help of Sari's key, the Autobots reactivate part of the weapons system, defeat Lugnut and Blitzwing, and prepare to repair the ship to leave Earth to keep it, and the people on it, safe from the Decepticons.

As Lugnut and Blitzwing float in Lake Eerie, helpless and unable to move, they are saved by an unlikely villain ... Starscream.

And that's where we left off after today's episode.

4. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

Since when are the bad guys always stronger? G1 and Beast Wars Megatron were never stronger the Optimus Prime, equal at best which to me made their fights so cool. Then, all of the sudden Megatron trashes OP and it takes almost all the autobots to defeat any 1 decepticon in the movie and in the cartoon?? Hollywood crapola I say. Bad guys come up with evil plan, good guys foil evil plan and big fight ensues. Bad guys firing weapons at good guns and good guys dodging everything isn't my idea of a fun story.

For Megatron to be more powerful then Optimus kinda ruins the whole thing for me and I get the impression he is. I missed the first 8 episodes though so someone fill me in, is he alot more powerful then Optimus?

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    it would seem so-until they turned off the gravity in the first episode, Megatron was throwing Prime around like a rag doll-and while i admit, i would have prefered the two of them to be equal in strength, it is a fun and interesting twist to have the Autobots have to use more than sheer strength (except usually Bulkhead) to win a battle.

6. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

You really need to watch the 8 episodes or at least the premier movie to understand what's going on. I could say it to you that THIS Group of Autobots technically aren't warriors in contrast to G1 but then you'd have more questions:tongue: . Only OP and Ratchet have had or at least experienced some war/military training but this OP didn't finish his. The premiere/summaries explains things better than I do so check it out.

So as for these Autobots not holding thier own against the Decepticons- they are, for now because they're intended to grow over the course over besides they do manage outwit them in the end. Plus, it was the show's intention to make the Decepticons that badass 'cause they've always been fighters and as for fans like me, it's a welcome change rather than have them look like bumblin fools every week.
    Besides, triumph doesn't always have to be physical.

7. Xformermike

Xformermike LAZY

just for fun... =)

for me it's ....

BW>BM>G1>TFA>TFG2ComicArc>RID>AEC

BW and BM... Are still awesome plotwise. I have never been more impressed with a Transformers cartoon; let a lone a kids show. For me G1 beats TFA only because it had episodes soley devoted to the transformers, on cybertron, and it felt very sci fi... Which I loved. Aside from that; TFA is just as good as G1 for me and I'm enjoying it. Frankly BW, BM, G1 and TFA are all in the same sort of love catagory.

I loathe the rest. I wish they never existed and that better ones like bw and g1 could have taken their place instead; it was a hard 4 shows for me, but I tried not to complain too much. I'm glad that dark age is over.

That's just me though.

Oh... And I know the G2 comic is not a show, but for me I just loved the grittiness of it, and storywise, it's FAR beyond RID or AEC... For me that is.)

Mike.

8. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i loves me some g1 as much as the next guy. toys and cartoons, especially TF was a big part of my childhood.

but i'm sorry to say that TFA is making g1 look like it was made for 'special' kids. outside of the nostalgia factor, g1 the cartoon has nothing on TFA. nothing.

i hold BW/BM in another class for some reason and tend not to compare them with the vehicle-based TF lines.

9. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the space of the opening 11 episodes of any given series, TF Animated has had a better hits-to-misses ratio for me than the rest. BW was awesome, but season 1 dragged at points for me.

Once the series is done and over, I'm sure it'll be one of my top picks, though. :D  Up there with the Beast Era, the last episodes of Armada, and the first part of Superlink.

10. alex_kingdom

alex_kingdom Well-Known Member

OK here's my take on it.

Beast Wars>Beast Machines>Superlink>Animated>G1>Galaxy Force>Energon>Cybertron>Armada>RID

That's is were I rate Animated for now, but I'm as yet undecided as it appears to be alterating between good and bad episoides, it shows a lot of promise but so far has failed to fully deliver IMO. The only part Im really loving is the design/style of the show and toys. Im my opinion in that department it may well suppass all.

I also think its unfair to judge AEC (and to a lesser extent RID) against the other western series, these were made for a Japanese audience and are best appreciated in thier original language/context. Thefore I've rated the Japanese and US versions seperately.

Yours AK

11. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    For me, it's BW>BM>TFA>G1=RiD>AEC

As of now, for me, Beast Wars is the creme-de-la-creme. Superb storytelling. It was fluid, easy to follow, nothing confusing, hardly any animation errors, and humor. BM was a step below mainly because it was way too dark. TFA's storytelling for me seems very forced, rushed, and choppy in places. It's definitely better than the majority of the shows but it can't quite top BW/BM.

G1 and RiD are about the same for me. G1 doesn't have the greatest storytelling (consistent continuity), animation, but it did have decent voice acting while RiD was more consistent but hunkered down by too much stock footage and cheesiness. In the end, they sorta pan out to about the same in terms of quality. AEC...ugh...that was just painful to watch in parts. I can't say what Micron, Superlink, and Galaxy Force are like. I should probably throw in Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory, Zone, and the Japanese BWs as well but I don't know enough about them.

12. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    QFT! <3 KA

13. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I love animated but G1 is higher up when it comes to nostalgica and great memories that animated cant win against. But man I sure love animated.

14. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

I will say one thing that has impressed me about animated. G1 had the luxury of having basically one type of target audience, boys age 5-14 or so. It's a little more tricky for Animated though. It has to be basic enough to keep that target group BUT it also has to be adult enough to please all the people who in the 80's loved the g1 cartoon and still love Transformers. Hard to do and Hasbro capitalized on the movie good. They basically took the same story from the movie and put it in a 30 minute cartoon commercial.

How many incarnations of Transformers have we seen over the years for them to get it right or as close to G1 as they could popularity wise? Probably never happen but this one is ok.

The originals are usually always best to me, maybe it is the nostalgia. Probably why I collect G1 toys and don't really care about the others.

15. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Best show since Beast Machines, IMO.

16. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    What's with all the thread revivals lately? Jeez.

17. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    In terms of plots, story, character development, etc., I think Animated is the best show period. However, a lot of what makes it so good is the amount of clever references, homages and character updates of previous series, so it's a hard call to make. I guess I'll rank G1 as #1 and Animated as a VERY close #2.

18. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Its the best since G1 by far and the only reason I'm not saying its better than G1 is that G1 defined what Transformers is and created so many characters there isn't a way for Animated to get beyond that.

In terms of quality Animated is leaps and bounds beyond all of the other Transformers series. The storytelling/scripts are better than G1 (as much as we hold them in high stead they really were very simplistic compared to What we have today) even though G1 defined most of the story parameters.

The design basically looks at the original and takes it one step in a different direction, completely against the styling of every other TF toon which has either tried to be a Japanese Anime look or 'Look at us using CGI' show off fest.

The voice actors and guest stars have been excellent. I think only the orignal G1 movie picked more names.

They took a risk with the style, they took a risk with some of the voice actors (and in doing so got some of the best voices in thebusiness today) They managed to get some of the best looking toys which actually look like the characters on screen.

Personally I prefer the Animated storyline to the Movie story, which is a bit bland even for a hollywood blockbuster.
    Boy gets car, car turns into robot, boy loses car and robot, Boy finds car girl and robot but ends up with cube instead, boy loses cube killing bad robot, Boy gets girl, but ends up not actually having car because its really an alien....how many times have we heard that tale.
    Speaking of which...Sams down $4000 on the whole deal...I think I'd be kinda pissed

19. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

Man, this place is lousy with zombies lately.

20. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    1. Cybertron- Had better last episodes than Looney Tunes season 3 of Beast Wars
    2. Beast Wars- Season 1 and 2 were awesome, season 3 not so great)
    3. G1- The nostalgia kicks in
    4. Beast Machines- For its epicness
    5. Animated- Season 3 has a great contribution for this series to be so up
    6. RID- The most underrated TF series ever
    7. Armada- Unicron Battles were :rock 
    8. Movie 07- Too generic for my liking
    9. Energon- Snooze fest of a TF show imo.