TF: Age Of Extinction Superbowl spot images

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Scorpio, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
    What bugs me about Gunface/Lambot is how frickin huge he is! I mean Lamborghini Aventador is SMALLER than Chevy Camaro yet Gunface looks to be the same size as Prime, towering over houses and power cable poles... some seriously stupid morphobot cheating going on there ILM!

2. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Starscream shouldn't be the size of Optimus either considering how the cockpit of an F-22 alone is almost as big as Optimus in his vehicle mode.

Even in his super compressed triangle robot he STILL shouldn't be nearly as small as he is. But yet he is.

Cheating has been there since the first movie dude.

3. Solid Alexei

News Credits:
    F-22 Raptor is much smaller than you think man

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But still yeah I understand what you mean and you are absolutely right about cheating in prev films

4. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I was exaggerating but the point is that the plane bits on Starscream in robot mode look a lot smaller than what they are in the actual plane mode. It's not something you notice unless you've seen an F-22 up close but the fact is there is in fact a lot of cheating done in movies.

Or Devastator. The Longhaul dump truck is much bigger than the bulldozer but somehow they manage to be the same size for the legs, while the wheel loader that's the same size of the dump truck ends up bigger than the leg when it turns into the arm.

And that's ok, it's a movie of course there's going to be cheating in it, I mean Laserbeak turns into a big pink bumblebee out of nowhere which has more mass than Laserbeak, and then turns into a plasma TV which has LESS mass than Laserbeak in bird mode. I really don't think the general audience cares about that sort of thing because unless we go full 80's Megatron and Soundwave the size cheating isn't something a lot of the average audience is going to notice or even care about.

5. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I take it you can't tell that lockdown is some distance away from the barn and house in the back? Looking at the high res images, I can clearly see he is not right next to that stuff but some distance up the road from it. Depth perception may have a lot to do with it. Also the only pic we see of him next to OP, again OP is farther back in the shot with Lockdown being closer to the screen looking back at OP in the holding cell. So once again depth perception and angles are playing tricks on the eyes and to some it looks like he's standing next to stuff that is really farther back.

6. Solid Alexei

News Credits:
    he is, yet the cable line pole is closer to the camera which would make it even smaller than Gunface if stood side by side?

Anyhow like Yggdrasil said there has been tremendous amount of cheating since film one but hey ho

7. tonysandlin

tonysandlin Well-Known Member

I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but I'm not so sure that car cutting robot is the same that is laying by Optimus. Well, at least, I'm not sure that it occurs in the same scene. The reason why I think this is that the road Optimus is on is two lanes with a yellow median line. The one with the Galvatron/Cyclonus bot is on a four or more lane road. It is quite possible that that same robot is down for the count by Optimus later on in the movie or even further down the road, but I wouldn't be so sure that they are the same. The knee does look similar though.

Also, regarding Lockdown's size, I think he does look a bit tall. Forget the background objects to compare size with. Look at the size of the SUV behind Optimus compared to road and look at the size of Lockdown compared to the road. It look like Lockdown would be a bit big for the SUV, let alone the Lambo. I guess it doesn't matter since size cheating has been everywhere in the movies.... Soundwave was too big for his car form and noticeably shrunk in size from his satellite haha

8. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

What is Barricade doing with the Autobots?

9. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Posing.

10. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alpha Trion G1 cartoon, anyone, anyone?

11. Sarvantes1

Sarvantes1 Well-Known Member

There are details in the feet that are the same in both pics.

12. G1 Soundwave

G1 Soundwave Laserbeak, Ravage attack!

For those who think the decepticon standing to the left of prime (when he's hanging in the ship) is galvatron, cyclonus, or Meg's - look closely at the picture below. I think I've captured the face of lockdown at the very top. A side profile shot. It's just a small piece of his face but it looks like the picture going around.

In addition, if you look at his knees you can see what looks like yellow brake calipers which match the brake pad color in the picture of the Lamborghini car photo.

Let me know what you guys think.

Attached Files:

13. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Anyone have some pictures of Gunface.

He's perfect for a new sig.

14. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you can also see the lambo front bumper on his chest ;) 

15. tonysandlin

tonysandlin Well-Known Member

I acknowledged that. And it might just be a similar looking part on a different robot. It is entirely possible that they are the same robot, I'm just pointing out the differences in the surrounding environment compared to the small shot we get of the robot at OP's feet.

16. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

Considering both Lockdown's previous incarnations have been Deluxe Vehicles that are Voyager height in robot mode this is not surprising.

17. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I am little confused, I saw the trailer and all, but I have no idea who the one who shots Optimus is, and the one who cuts the car in half.

Thanks

18. sourcehill

sourcehill Well-Known Member

Nice avatar =)

19. Clifftothemax

Clifftothemax Well-Known Member

Lockdown is actually SUPPOSED to be taller than his vehicle mode would suggest though, so if nothing else, that's actually accurate to the character.