Texas Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by JasonPrime, Apr 25, 2003.

1. PkmnMstr

PkmnMstr Well-Known Member

I didn't have any of those problems with Ironhide. Mine worked fine. Maybe get yours exchanged or something. As for collecting, I'm playing the waiting game. I didn't really start actively collecting until Animated/ROTF, but even then, I don't own much from those lines. I much preferred the stuff in the Generations/HFTD/RTS lines. I really liked the animated show. It was fun, I do regret not picking up a few of the cooler figures though. As for Prime, I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I really like it. At times, episodes will feel like filler, but I think a lot of it is introductory and will pan out in the future. The toy line looks amazing. It might be the only line that I will be a completist in.

2. lysol

lysol Destructicon

Ebay:
    The tf prime toy line looks great. The show is a hole different thing. I really liked the animated show. Why cancel something when it was getting good. I'm just having a hard time with tf prime series especially when the show reminds me of the boring beast wars show. And people are right. Hasbro needs to cool down on TF for now. For heaven sakes hasbro, why do you need to put out a dozen different molds of bumblebee but yet the cooler ones get one. Just expessing my thoughts.

3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Sideswipes I saw at TJ were all Silver. Let's call those the Triple S. The black ones we'll call the BSSwipe. I'm out.

Oh, BTW, just got in my case of UN-07 Bumblebee. The Texas price is $35 plus shipping. Whatever doesn't sell out by the Houston show next Saturday is getting a price bump and going to ebay where it's currently $40+$15s&h now.

4. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    I don't know if the rest of Texas has seen him yet, but I saw Commander class DOTM Guzzle at WM in Waco on Hewitt Drive today.

5. shizen22

shizen22 Subaru's drill punch

News Credits:
    I don't think I'll ever tire of the toyline but there are times when there simply isn't anything good on the shelves (that you don't have already) and during those times, it's good to just take a break and think about something else or take more time to play with what you have. I've been collecting since the late G2 line and never had a particular attachment to any series other than Beast Wars so with the amount of figures I've bought since then, I can afford to just pick and choose what toys I want and if I can't find or afford a particular toy I want, I won't whine about it (much).

Other than Guzzle, I really don't see anything I want from the movie line on the horizon so I'm pretty much just waiting for the Prime toys to show up.

6. JgarOptimus

JgarOptimus Autobot

News Credits:
    Did a little hunting today:

Ross at Ingram: Found two PCC SteamHammers(bought one, left one)
    Marshalls at Ingram: Only saw a lone Skids and Mudflap(Ice Cream Truck)
    Ross at 410 and 151: Also had two PCC SteamHammers(left both)

Still searching for a PCC Grimstone....:( 

7. JgarOptimus

JgarOptimus Autobot

News Credits:
    I would definatley take it back and exchange it man. It sounds like you picked up a defective one. Mine works just fine.

8. IA93VtecLude

IA93VtecLude Well-Known Member

Ok guys, ha leadfoot is out at the rim target. Counted 7.

I found grimstone at the rim Ross. Cool. Only one though.

9. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saw Cyberverse Legion Roadbuster and Starscream in Allen at the 75/Stacy Target. No Flaks.

Animated was canceled because it was contracted to Cartoon Network, and when the Hub was created Hasbro naturally wanted to have a current Transformers series on it.

BumbleBee is everywhere as he's probably the most popular character with kids. So Hasbro makes sure there are always some out there. It seems like it a little overboard but despite what some people think, Hasbro knows what they are doing for the most part.

10. SoundWave88

SoundWave88 Neo-Con

Got my Amazon Unicron today!!!

I like him a lot. Well worth the 60 bones!!! I think its better than MP Rodimus even. Thank gawd I got paid today, I was down to E on my funds....but worth it.

11. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh and TRU in Allen off of 75/Stacy had three MP Rodimus Primes.

12. puma

puma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    got my Unicron in today as well. The bottom of the package looks like shit from Hasbro shipping and not Amazon shipping. I'd try and swap it out but since Amazon is sold the efff out, looks like i'm stuck with it. Figure looks great though!

13. IA93VtecLude

IA93VtecLude Well-Known Member

Hey Jgar, did you see any human alliance figure when you went hunting today? Particularly barricade, I would like to find him. Let me know. Thanks

14. PkmnMstr

PkmnMstr Well-Known Member

How funny, I really liked Beast Wars. One of my favorite series. And I don't think sales/reception for Animated was high enough, so they scrapped it.

15. JgarOptimus

JgarOptimus Autobot

News Credits:
    Sorry man, I sure didnt. I have noticed that TJ Maxx is the best bet if you want Human Alliance figures. I picked up Barricade from TJ Maxx at the forum last weekend and Jazz at the TJ Maxx on Bandera the week before that.

16. tgbobafett

tgbobafett Mandaloricon

News Credits:
    Stopped by the walmart in Forney last night omw to Dallas. Man that store is pretty cool! They had a lot of different toy lines that other walmarts don't carry back home. I picked up Wilykat, Wilykit, POC Cobra Commander and an RTS Sea Spray that was on clearance for $13 :D  this is the first walmart that I've seen carry thundercats. Also saw the tower of omens......don't look nothing like the one in the cartoon lol also had 30th anniversary line too....Stalker looks kinda cool imo

17. tgbobafett

tgbobafett Mandaloricon

News Credits:
    I was at that Ross Thursday and didn't see Grimstone!! Where'd you see him at??

18. Jukebox Prime

Jukebox Prime Musi-Con

Austinites, the Parmer Ln TRU still has two MP Rodimus' (Rodimi? Ha!) and a generations Kup, otherwise pretty regular stock as you'd find elsewhere. Happy shopping!

19. Bot Marley

Bot Marley Spider-Ham's biggest fan!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks! Ill head there during my lunch! Hope 1 MP Rodimus is still there!

20. vbjjune

vbjjune Nemesis Galvatron

News Credits:
    I'll trade if no one else has!