Texas Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by JasonPrime, Apr 25, 2003.

1. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Sapienbot

News Credits:
    I snagged one and left one of the Clone two pack at the Walgreen's in Plano on Custer and Spring Creek.

2. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

Did you check any sites beforehand to see if they were actually reported as in stock? Or just go in with DCPIs ready and ask? Was just at the Target in NW Austin by Lakeline Mall and Brickseek was showing no PotP available there (but was in other stores), so I didn't bother asking. Plus need to get over being shy and awkward about doing that anyway...

(And if you guys didn't know, we have DCPIs for all the size classes in PotP now - Legends at least are showing up now too.)

Nothing good was on the shelves to take advantage of the sale either.

3. kobayashi maru

kobayashi maru Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I checked brickseek the night before and it reported PotP deluxes in stock. Totally get the shy thing. Just bite the bullet and ask! Might be rewarded.

4. Ronin35

Ronin35 Herald of Unicron

If anyone needs them, there are six cloudraker/wingspans at the Walgreens on Ellison and Potranco in San Antonio.

• Like Like x 2
  5. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

From what I've seen at Walmart & Target on SW Military Dr. in San Antonio so far, the infamous "Revision" 4th wave of TR Deluxes is what's commonly available. No Misfire, TwinTwist, Windblade, & no TLK Deluxe Cogman to be found.

When will POTP hit San Antonio anyway? The Dinobots look good & the upcoming Terrorcons look even BETTER!

Incidentally,
    I found a single TR Clones set at a nearby Walgreens. Someone had hidden it behind the Battalion Optimus Prime boxes & I couldn't resist! I so wish Hasbro made G1-style Autobot/Decepticon Twins sets, I want Pounce & Fastlane!

• Like Like x 3
  6. soundwavempl

soundwavempl Toy Addict TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hit a bunch of Walmarts and Targets in the North Houston area yesterday. Most Targets got in the wave 4 revision case (2 each of Krok, Quake, Triggerhappy, and Twinferno). The Walmarts either had no stock of TR deluxes or had leftovers from the wave 6 case (Hot Rod, Kup, Hardhead) or still had wave 1 & 2 leftovers from the TR island display (noteably Blurr, Scourge, Chromedown, and Highbrow).

7. shizen22

shizen22 Subaru's drill punch

News Credits:
    Picked up PotP Jazz and Dreadwind from the Target at 1960 & 290. Another guy who was there ahead of me got the other copy of them. Looks like someone may have picked up the Swoops ahead of us. Price there was $16.99 (other deluxes were $15.29) but instead of asking them to adjust the price on that, I made sure they honored the bogo 1/2 off all TFs they have going on until the 22nd since the register wasn't doing it automatically. Didn't want to ask too much of them. :p  I wonder if the other guy took advantage of the bogo...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  8. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

Has the Takara-faced/Headmasters Stylor/Chromedome ever been sighted in San Antonio or anywhere in Texas, or was that a Californian fluke? Even though it is annoying that Walmart/Target shelves are only being restocked with older TR Deluxe waves, finding that variant would be cool!

9. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Potp have been here in San Antonio since last wkend. Problem is they're in the stock room. Theres no pegs for them so u have to ask for them and give the dpci number so they can look them up

• Like Like x 1
  10. isntthatprime

isntthatprime The 14th Prime

Target in Rowlett power of the primes figures. Should be two sets left but when I left they were still in the back so you'll have to ask for them. Oh and I also got them buy one get one half off so that's pretty cool

• Like Like x 1
  11. soundwavempl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have been looking for the more cartoon based Stylor/Chromedome and have yet to see one. I have seen tons of the normal versions at Walmarts, Walgreens, TRU, and Target stores. I am thinking it was a small run factory error.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dake

Dake Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Willowbrook Target has the PotP Legends; they're in the back. The guy brought them out for me to grab a Slash and Beachcomber, and then put them back in the back. I told him there was room on the pegs, but he didn't put them out because they're not due to be on the floor yet.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Blurple Haze

Blurple Haze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Two sets of potp legends at lewisville target, minus one slash

14. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just snagged slash beachcomber windcharger swoop blackwing and slug. These legends figures are some fun little toys!

• Like Like x 1
  15. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

Brooks City Base Target had several each of POTP Legends today! I got one Beachcomber, Windcharger, & a Slash! There were one or two each of them earlier this afternoon, so GOOD LUCK HUNTING! They also had some new wave Star Wars figures like the latest 3.75" General Leia, R2D2, & Rey.

They're all fantastic little figures. Beachcomber is the real jem, with Windcharger a close second, though his forehead seems a bit low/short & his transformation is a bit more fiddly; still, he's a VAST improvement over the last Generations Legend version. I always wanted the older CHUG Scout Windcharger, but could never find him, but this guy looks comparable or maybe even better!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dake

Dake Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks, snagged one this evening - still two left.

• Like Like x 1
  17. JAEIII

JAEIII Well-Known Member

So I guess Brickseek isn’t too reliable. It says PotP are in stock at the Target Atascocita but when I called they said they didn’t have any.

18. bonewire

bonewire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Went to City base Target snagged the last beachcomber one Shrspnel left. No deluxes.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Dake

Dake Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I recall, Target's inventory doesn't update in real time. Unfortunately, even between stores, they can look something up and see it as being in stock at another location but it might not actually be there any more.

• Like Like x 1
  20. soundwavempl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would never rely on calling a store. Going to the store and checking for yourself is the only way you'll know for sure.

I'm not in a rush to get wave 1 POTP stuff yet, I still need to finish TR first.