Texas Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by JasonPrime, Apr 25, 2003.

1. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

Good for you Optimus117! Sometimes you just need to treat yourself. :thumb 

My last biggie was Takara Titan Devastator for Christmas, but I've been eyeing MP Magnus a while now. Maybe I'll treat myself for my next birthday, but I've been working up to something else to mark the occasion; (gulp) as another decade comes to a close...

2. Optimus117

Optimus117 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Magnus is HUGE. I'd seen the pictures, but it's a totally different ballgame in-hand.

And Lord......the Takara Prime is worth every penny.

3. TheBigBad

TheBigBad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sky-Reign Limbs

Frisco Target (Eldorado)
    2 sets of Hound, Smokescreen, Wheeljack, and Trailbreaker.

4. nstanosheck

nstanosheck Combiner Limb

News Credits:
    In a Dallas Target, I found Trailbreaker, Hound, and Smokescreen. I was not interested in Smokescreen until I saw him in person. These look much nicer in person than online IMO.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  5. AlbertVanK

AlbertVanK Well-Known Member

TRU @ Katy Mills has several Hound, Smokescreen, Tailbreaker and Wheeljack. There was plenty of them on Saturday afternoon (20 Feb).
    No Onslaught, no Sky Lynx.

6. PkmnMstr

PkmnMstr Well-Known Member

We had an Onslaught at Bunker Hill. Sold this morning though.Or was it last night? One of those. I think Scattorshot might have been there still.

7. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Who is the douche nozzle in south Austin that keeps returning the combaticon's without their foot/hand parts? If you're going to return them at least tell the people at the return desk they're defective or something. The tape job your pulling looks like shit.

This just didn't happen at one store, this happened at a few. The scalper mentality down here is fucking disgusting.

8. tgbobafett

tgbobafett Mandaloricon

News Credits:
    yay!! finally found the missing link...so to speak lol

Attached Files:

9. RedMageGizmo

RedMageGizmo Decepticon Titan Master

Don't even try the Targets in Lewisville for Sky Reign or Combaticons they haven't stocked any generations since Optimus Maximus. By-the-way, has anybody checked Madness Comics in Plano for Onslaught and/or Sky Lynx in the last few days?

10. D3VC0N

D3VC0N Decepticon

News Credits:
    Agreed. I went to Target at Brodie Oaks and someone returned all 4 of the autobots that make combiner Optimus prime either missing weapons or were replaced with the weapons and combined hands/feet from Stunticons and the Protectobots (saw both). It's unbelievable.

11. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Is that the small one right off of Ben White? After catching two -rather large- gentlemen in carnal gymnastics in the bathroom at that target I've decided to steer clear. Also, It's so hit and miss. Mostly miss.

12. isntthatprime

isntthatprime The 14th Prime

Ummm yuck.

13. wetwithwaterwings

wetwithwaterwings Well-Known Member

That's a bizarre amount of effort for sub-par weapons and accessories. I see stuff like this often with Marvel Legends. Will the stores offer discounts if you point this stuff out?

14. MattOnCybertron

MattOnCybertron Well-Known Member

they're the first for a bit now that are different right? I'm sure those asshats are profiting somehow or just OCD about their Transformers, I agree it's a weird angle for reselling but I know for sure at least one of them Combaticon HFGs I hadn't seen before, course I only have Bruticus and Superion....

15. Morbo

Morbo Knowledge Brings Fear

Someone likes shiny hands and feet.

And apparently has the spare time and lack of scruples necessary to repeatedly go to a store, pick up a figure, take it home, carefully open it, remove the pieces, tape it closed again, drive back out to the store, stand in line, and return it, leaving some poor kid with a footless combiner.

But not the willingness to simply pay for what he's getting or intelligence and skill to learn how to simply spray paint the ones he already has, which isn't that difficult.

At least decent collectors can notice and point out to clerks the issue before some poor oblivious mom buys them.

16. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I had a spare G1 Bruticus foot lying around and a G2 Bruticus missing the same foot. Guess what I did.

You can't even tell what I did. It looks fantastic sitting on my shelf.

"Speaking" to the guy that's taking these pieces: I'm fairly certain I know who it is, but he's somewhat liked in the Austin collectors circles, so I don't want to call him out because I'd get the "hater" tag applied to me.

Returning an item isn't the issue, I just returned a CW Cyclonus the other day. The inner galvatron head was painted terribly. There's nothing wrong with that, and we've all returned defective product. I had to do it far too often when AOE stuff was on the shelves. It's part of the game, but to deliberately steal items out of package like that is just... fucking weird.

17. isntthatprime

isntthatprime The 14th Prime

1 skylynx at Rowlett target.

18. D3VC0N

D3VC0N Decepticon

News Credits:
    Yeah it's the one off of Ben White.

19. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

:eek:  That's just gross. What did you do, run out screaming? :puke: 
    I would've at least told the Security-Guard or a Manager; I'm not above tattling when it's necessary.

TF hunting is annoying enough without being scarred for life or having your kids exposed to crap like that in a public restroom.

...Ahem...Anyway, to change the subject, I think that the $8.98 HEB CW Deluxe discount is now over, or at least it is once their overstock is depleted. I wished that Voyagers & Legends were put on sale too, but no luck with that, so far.

20. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Haha. I just turned around and walked out. It freaked me out (No, not because they were gay, but because they were just very loud in the stall). I've seen enough shenanigans at that Target that it's not even worth it for me to go there anymore.

I should have gone to the manager, or minimum, tell someone at the front desk. I was just really flabergasted by the entire situation. I only went to that target cause I had to pee and to walk in and hear that going on... well, it freaked me out.

I actually went to that location this morning (Didn't see any toys with issues). Surprisingly they had a bunch of new stuff. The entire new autobot wave and skylynx. They also had a Bruticus.