Texas Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by JasonPrime, Apr 25, 2003.

1. MattOnCybertron

MattOnCybertron Well-Known Member

Anybody get eyes on Legends Shockwave in ATX? Hes pretty much the last thing from CW I'm looking to get

2. Xkcer Man

Xkcer Man Autobot

News Credits:
    Bay Area Target has one CW Swindle.

3. TheDesuComplex

TheDesuComplex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's the status of the Combaticons in DFW? The last sighting I heard was Frisco on the 21st.

4. isntthatprime

isntthatprime The 14th Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have seen them in Rowlett and Garland. Of course that was before Christmas and tornados. All at Targets.

5. roguesaint

roguesaint Reconnaissance Expert

News Credits:
    I've been to targets in Arlington, Hurst, and Irving. Nothing but ravaged / empty shelves and misc wave four bots.

6. TheDesuComplex

News Credits:
    Darn. Yeah, most of my searches have turned up headless Ironhides and sad-looking Sunstreakers. Here's to hoping that the Combaticons will be fully stocked soon so I can get them without shipping.

7. worm2k1

worm2k1 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wanted to give Texas and Louisiana guys first dibs if interested in a Revenge of the fallen version Bruticus with the crossfire kit. I have all the packaging and everything asking 150 including shipping. PM me

8. D3VC0N

D3VC0N Decepticon

News Credits:
    "Go Calendar, Toys, Games" at the malls are having their 50% off everything sales, and my local store had the Combaticons. Didn't bother purchasing as I'm not too big a fan of this set, however to anyone interested, that's going on. As well if anyone missed their chance at brainstorm/roadbuster, the same store (for this area) has a good number in stock, although I warn you to look closely at the figure. The guy was selling them for around $11 after mark downs, however when I got home to check my Roadbuster out, it was missing all left side windows. Sadly their return policy during this sale means I can't return it. Nonetheless, those figures are out there Combaticons included if anyone wants to take their hand at getting them for slightly less?

9. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

I hope everyone had a great Christmas with Family & Friends, and I wish the very best to you all in the New Year 2016!

My Christmas with Family was good but bittersweet, as we continue on with festivities despite a loss earlier in the year. Spending good times with loved ones, and making happy memories really is the best gift.

As it turns out, family can also be generous with material gifts as well. I'm a very fortunate recipient of a very green & purple Gestalt which arrived from Japan via BBTS! And I am very thankful (especially for the improved joints and added pistols). :D 

With Combiner Wars sputtering across the finish line, and Titan Wars looming in the not-so-distant future, I've lost track of what wave of Combiner Wars we're in now. When does Sky Lynx hit Texas? Will he be part of the New Year re-set? Is there a New Year' s re-set?

Did my fellow Texans have a nice Christmas, and did Santa leave goodies for all the good Collectors? I sure hope so. :) 

10. TheDesuComplex

News Credits:
    Oh hey, there is one of those at the outlet mall near me! I didn't even know they sold Transformers. What is their selection like?

11. D3VC0N

D3VC0N Decepticon

News Credits:
    Their selection is usually small. Maybe a handful of figures scattered at random throughout the store. Lately it's been a mix of the current line, and generations. With some AOE varying at different locations. The main bulk of their transformers are voyager and deluxes. I haven't seen anything bigger. Price range also varies with how current the line is. So older lines like generations are ridiculously cheap. But the newer stuff is more expensive but with this sale still reasonable I think. Without the sale, it's most definitely a scalper price.

I like it mainly as an alternative if I miss a figure at retail because I know I can find it for far less later on at this outlet during the sale. I found generations Blitzwing for $8 last year at the same store.

12. D3VC0N

D3VC0N Decepticon

News Credits:
    I noticed your tag also has "fan of bionicle".

I think you'll be pleased with their selection if it's the same as ours. They have far more of those over transformers but the transformers are there in small numbers!

13. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No

14. D3VC0N

D3VC0N Decepticon

News Credits:

Congratulations on that Devastator! I have to say that I'm amazed at the amount of work that went into this combiner. It's one of the better "Official" combiner figures in recent years I think.

15. isntthatprime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It was a great Christmas here, then it was a pretty scary day after as that huge tornado ripped through my town just about 3 miles from my house. I did manage to get a TFC Medic and Ironwill, CW Onslaught and Scattershot, MPP10, and a Badcube Sunsurge for my Christmas presents. Looking forward to the Titan Wars!!

16. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

That must have been an awful way to spend the holiday, I hope that the damage was minimal and that no one was hurt or worse. SA had a damp, gray, somewhat misty Christmas, but we were, thankfully, spared all the damage & drama others suffered.

It just shows how one should treasure Family & Friends at all times, you just never know what may happen. I do hope that 2016 will be a good year for you and everyone. At least our shared hobby brings some much needed distraction in a troubled world...

17. TheDesuComplex

News Credits:
    Huge thanks to D3vcon! My small store had a Rodimus, a couple of Motormasters, and a Vortex! Glad that I was at least able to get one of the Combaticons on sale (Regular $20, got him for $10). Their Lego section was absolutely cleared out though and they didn't seem to have any more Transformers.

My Christmas haul was mostly Lego (including some of the newest wave of Bionicle sets). I was able to price match Groove and Blackjack at Target and I now have $100 set aside to grab Bruticus.

18. isntthatprime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Some of the new RID minicons packs, Set of combaticon limbs, and 2 Skywarps at Garland TRU. Also a 6" Klyo Ren and a Resistance Soldier there. At Rowlett Walmart there is no transformers really...well nothing except old deployers. They do have a set of the newest wave of Star Wars 6" that has Hux, Asty, Tie pilot, and Snowtroopers. Rowlett Target had some Skywarps.

19. D3VC0N

D3VC0N Decepticon

News Credits:

Congrats on that find mate. Glad to be of help. All that's left at our store is a Brawl and a Swindle. Now that I know the price point is $10 I might just go snag them.

20. D3VC0N

D3VC0N Decepticon

News Credits:
    Slightly off topic, but I remember there being a post about distinguishing between the revised Motormaster and the original run Motormaster, but I can't find it for the life of me. Can anyone refresh on what that difference was?