Texas Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by JasonPrime, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a friend here in San Antonio that has a few he sells at like retail plus shipping

2. kobayashi maru

kobayashi maru Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Cedar Hill walmart has several CW Optimus and Silverbolt, both leader Megatron molds and all of the deluxe Stunticon limbs. No Motormaster and no deluxe Aerialbots.

Wasn't really looking for RiD, but they didn't seem to have much else.

3. vbjjune

vbjjune Nemesis Galvatron

News Credits:
    Ive seen a few at almost ever store i hit today in north housto

4. vbjjune

News Credits:
  5. vbjjune

News Credits:
    Tomball both walmarts didn't have anything new either

6. AlbertVanK

AlbertVanK Well-Known Member

I had a pretty intense toy hunting weekend in Katy/West Houston area, and I am very very disappointed.
    I saw Bedrock has Motormaster and I think they are buying them all from Walmart and other local seller.......

7. jacket19

jacket19 Active Member

Looks like AOE stuff showing up at Ross. Found Lockdow for $6 and Galvatron for $10 at Ross on Trenton in McAllen, only ones they had. Had seen voyager Drift in Edinburg but left him there.

8. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Anyone looking for air raid? There were two at the Walmart off of slaughter and 35 as of 9:50 this morning. Both were in good shape. And I can't confirm this, but I suspect they had some leader figures because the shelf looked moved around and there was a new leader class sticker on the bottom shelf.

Update: I just had a friend text me saying he found a leader Thundercracker. I'm going to go see if I can confirm. This could be a fib like his warpath sighting though.

Attached Files:

9. soundwavempl

soundwavempl Toy Addict TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, Bedrock probably gets their non-store exclusive TFs from Diamond Comic Distributors. I did find that shipments of Voyagers were released this past month - PREVIEWSworld

10. DINObetic

DINObetic Member

dude at the westheimer store said they have an account through entertainment earth, and with the shipping strike it delayed most of their wave two stuff. Ive seen the, getting wave three trickling in.

11. DINObetic

DINObetic Member

Wait if they were buying from walmarts, why would they only mark them up 5.00 more?

12. vbjjune

News Credits:
    Naw, they prob got on discount for 12 like other voyagers, so they are making 20 bucks each if they got them from wally world but idk

13. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    No Thundercracker. I did find more Air Raids at the Slaughter and 35 Target.

14. AlbertVanK

AlbertVanK Well-Known Member

If I am not wrong Motormaster was 35 at Bedrock, it would be 24 at Walmart or something like that.

I am not saying that they do it, not at all, but I can't stop thinking that:

- Houston has WAY MORE TOY HUNTERS than I can possibly imagine

or

- Someone is raiding every store and buying all with business purpose (Bedrock or similar parties)

or

- Hasbro planning and distribution sux

or

- The whole thing is on purpose, like to increase the amount of "hype" that we are experiencing, that would make someone @ Hasbro a sort of marketing Genius...

or

- I sux at hunting (wrong times, wrong days)

15. soundwavempl

soundwavempl Toy Addict TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In my opinion, Houston has a lot of collectors (remember there are many collectors that don't post online). I truly believe collectors are competing with other collectors to get the new stuff when it hits retail stores versus competing with scalpers. Are there scalpers out there? I am sure there are, but the rewards of scalping are only worth it if you have buyers and I just don't see that many local buyers paying 30%-50% more just to get a figure sooner when there are so many other online retail options at comparable prices.

*Also* I will say distribution seems pretty bad. This is not Hasbro's issue, but the stores (Walmart, Target, and TRU). It seems we get a "flash in the pan" of new releases, then it takes at least another 1-3 months for the new releases to become widely available.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  16. DINObetic

DINObetic Member

Honestly, this is the first time in a long time that I have had trouble getting any transformers. Ive seen rook one time at target neat the woodlands and that was it. up until this week I never have seen Hot Spot, Cyclonus, and Thundercracker. I bought Hot spot at Bedrock cause im tired of wasting gas and time hunting for them. so 29.99 plus tax isnt to bad. it not scalper price and plus I like shopping at small businesses. but to each there own

17. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Get on ebay and look for sellers of an item in your area. I did it for the Austin area and was blown away by the number of sellers that live within a 20 mile radius from my door.

And don't forget. Just because a person doesn't live in the area doesn't mean he won't go to the area every other week because he notices trends in shipping. I've found more stuff in the Houston area than the Austin or San Antonio area.

I also love going into Houston to find stuff because I love finding stuff in someone's back yard before they have a chance to get their hands on it.

18. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nah, the 12 voyagers are YMMV like the $5 deluxes. So far, there's only been a handful of those reports.

As in most cases, it's going to be a mixture of everything. Don't know if Houston has more hunters then you can imagine but it has some very dedicated ones. Combine that with the dock strike affecting distribution and AOE still clogging shelves and Walmart's craptacular system.

Don't know if you suck at hunting, but you might be less experienced then others. You have to learn which stores restock when, and which stores has too much traffic so items are never on the shelves and which stores has too little traffic so the store rarely restock.

For reference, here is my sightings of recent releases over the past six months
    Arcee - 3 (only once in Houston)
    Chromia - 4-6 (four times in Houston, at low traffic Walmarts)
    Motormaster - 4 (3 Walmart, 1 Target)
    CW W3 deluxes - 0
    Viper/Groove - 1
    CW Ultra Magnus - 0 (sightings are pretty low across the US)
    CW Thundercracker - 0 (HAS he been sighted yet)

Currently on ebay within 100 miles of Houston downtown:
    Arcee - 0
    Chromia - 0
    Motormaster - 1 (in a 3-pack with OP & SB)
    Hot Spot - 0
    Ultra Magnus - 0

Stunticons - 1 (50 miles away)
    Aerialbots - 1 (50 miles away)

19. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    P.S. don't know what the next voyager case we'll get is (W3 = Hot Spot & Cyclonus) but wave 4 is Optimus Maximus and Motormaster again.

20. vbjjune

News Credits:
    Lol, i seen rook at target in woodlands too and ordered Cyclonus and hotspot from hasbro which i just got today