Texas Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by JasonPrime, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Morbo

Morbo Knowledge Brings Fear

TRU will stop upping the price when people stop buying them. For most MP releases, they can't keep them on the shelf, not upping the prices is leaving money on the table, which is stupid for any company. The alternative is ordering more from Hasbro and hoping they all sell, and I think that despite the recent success they're still worried about over-ordering some of them. Their market for these is so specific that if they don't move, they'll take a good loss. And since the adult collectors are willing to drop the extra $10-20, it's safer to make their money that way than stocking up. It's just the economics of the product; like any company that doesn't run itself into the ground, they do their best to buy in quantities and set prices such that they maximize their own profit for the item.

That said, I'm definitely finding myself more inclined to just pre-order imports for Wheeljack and Bumblebee. If the price difference is that small, I'd just as soon get them much sooner and without the hassle of hunting.

2. JasonPrime

JasonPrime Well-Known Member

Exactly my line of thinking. Hopefully bigger MP figures such as Ultra Magnus will still be cheaper though.

3. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    What everybody is saying about Prowl being so high in price is true,him being $70 is just outrageous especially considering you could order 2 of those MP Prowl knockoffs for the same price,so I say forget the Hasbro MP Prowls and get the KO's instead since I've heard they are nearly identical to the real thing.That's what I plan on doing in about a week when I get my next deposit.

Oh and has anyone spotted Generations Leader Jetfire yet here in Texas?,I am desperately looking for him so I don't have to wait so long for BBTS to get them and ship him to me.I love that figure and can't wait to add him to my collection.

4. Optimus117

Optimus117 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I'd even be cool with $40-$50, honestly. Just given how awesome the majority of them are. But the higher prices are what forced me to give up collecting Masterpieces. Which seriously sucks, btw.

5. PkmnMstr

PkmnMstr Well-Known Member

Well no, the original retail price of the Japanese release of Prowl was about $60. So the original reported price point from TRU is correct. The $10 price hike is irritating. Before, the Hasbro releases were cheaper than the Takara. But now it seems to be on par. Or potentially higher it seems. Which is horribly stupid.

Exactly.

If you can still find anyone with stock. I have a Bee pre-ordered. 2 of them actually. One for a friend. After shipping they come about to about $53 each.

I've also got 2 Magnus pre-ordered. I think those came out to around ~$160 shipped.

6. JasonPrime

I'm eager for leader Jetfire as well. Man this looks like the toy I've wanted since i was 8 years old. I pre-ordered from Amazon and they said the pre-order said mid-September release. I don't know how accurate that is or if it's a guestimate.

What's interesting is I figured the new leader Megatron would be packed with Jetfire but there is no pre-order for him yet as far as I can tell. Maybe initially Jetfire will ship with just him in the case assortments to make sure they meet the expected high demand?

7. smiller0570

smiller0570 Maximal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finally found Rattrap and Tankor yesterday at the Walmart on Gilmer rd in Longview. Still one of each left at around 5pm Thursday.

8. puma

puma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    stop buying movie toys. that'll get you back on track with collecting MPs.

9. SoundWave88

SoundWave88 Neo-Con

Now that Rattrap and Tankor are hitting. Any luck with the Skids and Waspinator revision wave?

10. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    Visiting San Antonio any of the San Antonio guys know what are the better comic / toy shops around town PM me any information you may have please

Thanks

11. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

That's nothing. I preordered Jetfire from ToyDojo about the last week in July. I asked them via twitter, a week later, when they expected to have it in and I was told about October.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect that most who've already gotten their's probably picked him up from some places, like Robotkingdom, in Asia.

12. Mglaighton

Mglaighton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone seen Deluxe Lockdown, or Voyager Drift in the Frisco area?

13. soundwavempl

soundwavempl Toy Addict TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got Rattrap and Tankor at the Target on Jones and 249. I left one of each there.

14. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ended up just going to the TRU on Research again. And all of that empty space I talked about? Got filled up. And then some.

Exclusively by Hero Mashers. >_<

Literally no other Transformers stock got put out - except three more YOTH Starscreams!

Still had three Sunstorms. I broke and took one. The Generations Armada Starscreams and Skywarps are gone, as well as the one Evolution of Grimlock pack they had and a few of the Bumblebees (but still had one left).

Also stopped by the Target near it. Up to wave 2 of the AOE Voyagers, but still only wave 1 Deluxes. Also only on the Whirl/Rhinox wave for Generations Voyagers and Armada Starscream for Deluxes.

So no sign of a Skybyte or Roadbuster from me yet..

15. vbjjune

vbjjune Nemesis Galvatron

News Credits:
    just left target in Conroe and scored with new skyBite

16. vbjjune

News Credits:
    Target near magnolia has 2 new movie deluxe drifts

17. vbjjune

News Credits:
    Walmart on woodlands parkway had no chug figures

18. vbjjune

News Credits:
    Just left walmart on [email protected] no luck either. I'm just gonna head to bedrock hopefully they still have tankor and rattrap

19. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm in town for a wrestling show tonight so I checked out Walmart in Lubbock near the civic center and found the exclusive 2 packs.

Also, if you're a fan of wrestling the show starts at 7 tonight.

20. JasonPrime

Lockdown has officially arrived in Austin (insomnia finally pays off).

Man I haven't slept in like 4 days. I was laying here unable to sleep and decided to get up and run to wal-mart. I wanted to get some plastic bins to put away my MOTUC stuff so I can pull out more of my TF stuff to display (currently living in an apartment). Anyway... but I digress...

Lockdown found at wal-mart at Parmer and 35. They were stocking and the cases were sitting there and they opened them for me. I took two Lockdowns (one for my kids if they want him, yeah I spoil them) but there was another case so I imagine there were two more. Also picked up Drift and Slash and Strafe. First time I've seen any of them at retail. Oh and they were on sale for $9.97.

sorry for rambling post... so tiredddd...