Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gears, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    The ending was awesome.

2. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I likeded it.

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Boo bee dah bah pah? :p 

I actually like T3 so this whole different continuity from T3 and upcoming T4 is kinda weird, but it was pretty good for what it was. Seems like a bit of redux though. Not only is the end of T2 rendered fruitless just like T3, but now they're going to try and stop it all..again? At least T3 brought it all full circle and set things up to fill in the space between Judgment Day and the beginning of T1.

4. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    I very much enjoyed it. But, according to the show, T2 happened in 1997? The FBI guy said that Sarah blew up Cyberdyne and killed Dyson two years before 1999. That doesn't make much sense since Arnold said in T2 that Judgment Day happens "a few years from now" on August 29, 1997. Meaning that T2 had to happen around 1994. The time frames for the Terminator series has never really added up. Oh, well. I'm still gonna keep watchin it.

5. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Did the detective say two years? I only caught John saying "it's been two years" and took it to mean as two years since Judgment Day was supposed to have happened (August '97) since the show started in Aug. '99.

That's kind of a big screw up if so, b/c it is pretty well established that T1 was 1984 and T2 was 10 years later..1994, possibly early '95, as John was supposed to be 10 years old.

6. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

as has been said this is an alternate reality to the movie series, so in that regard bumping up t2 to 1997 does work. Otherwise john would be in his twenties in 97

As for the show I liked it, though I don't see how from what I read the good terminator is suppose to be able to simulate human emotions sort of. In this she was pretty robotic if you will...I guess as the series progresses it may change

7. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

John was born in 84 correct? So how would he be 20 in '97? I'm pretty sure T2 took place in 97. Dates and everything never were established back in T2's hay-day at all.

Premiere was medicore, I will watch the rest but have low expectations still. I want some T-1000 shit.

Quick note for ppl who hated it, remeber it's on FOX regardless of its rating it WILL get cancelled.

8. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Truth hurts man. And it stars someone from Firefly so it may be a double whammy.

9. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That is too true.

10. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    T1 was in 1984 so John would be born in late 1984/1985. If he was 10 in T2, that would be be '94/'95. Sarah did say John was 15 so it does keep the right age in relation to T1. There is a 2 year mistake if T2 took place 2 years ago to them. But, the show was entertaining so I'll let that slip up slide.

11. Soundatron

so the android said she's from the year 2020 ok the og Terminator (84) is from the year 2029. It only makes sense to me that somewhere further dow nthe timeline she was sent or agh is anyone understanding what I'm tryin to get at here?

12. Smokescreen

News Credits:
    Yes, I see what you're getting at. Although, I'm pretty sure she said she was from 2027, but that still puts her 2 years before the Arnold model which is from 2029 like you said. So, technically, she should be an older model, but the show seems to indicate that she's a newer one that can act like a human. Confusing, I know. :banghead: 

13. Soundatron

yeah^ I think this could give FOX a reason to cancel it, it's having too much of a confusing effect on its audience.

14. Smokescreen

News Credits:
    I hope FOX doesn't cancel it too soon. Even though the show's timeline doesn't match up to the films, I still enjoyed it. Maybe it'll still do well since there's not much else on except for reality shows, and I'm really getting tired of those.

15. Soundatron

very true. I got nothin on tv except for TF and Scrubs which is in its last season and hasnt had a new episode since the first week of Dec.

16. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I watched it tonight and I really enjoyed it. I think I'm going to watch it tomorrow.

I agree with some other people's pessimism about it being cancelled. On FOX plus a Firefly actress=cancellation. It's just like what happened to Drive.

17. Soundatron

I will never forgive FOX for Spider-Man and espcially X-Men as well.

18. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Great show.

*adds it to the list which includes Chuck and Heroes*

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I can't believe people are trying to apply logic to this franchise.

It doesnt make sense, no matter what you do. if they really wanted to get rid of John, they would have killed sarah as a child, or off her parents, whatever.

Delaying judgement day at the end of T2 would have likely erased John, since the events that resulted in him being born in the first place may have been altered, or even negated completely by the delay. The odds of it still happening are like the odds of you meeting someone for the first time ever on the street. if you had arrived there even a minute later, you would never meet them. now change that minute into years, and you realize that john's army in the future having the same members after the delay would be damn near impossible.

you have to shut off your brain when trying to watch anything from the Terminator series.

20. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

I don't remember Terminators having THAT bad of a shot in the movies.

Teacher should've plugged ol' John Reese as soon as he entered the class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.