Tennessee Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by feral prime, Jul 9, 2003.

1. fla_Omega_Supreme

fla_Omega_Supreme Last line of Defense

News Credits:
    I thought about that too, try a little heat to get the white stress marks out and add some glue. But is there any glue that would flow into the crack and also not leave much residue?

2. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Model cement. I use some stuff called Plastruct Bondene (for ABS & Styrene). It is literally just a very thin solvent and will wick right into the crack.

3. fla_Omega_Supreme

News Credits:
    I won't hear from them till at least monday, but on further thought, I paid $160 for the figure and it arrived damaged from the factory (also noticed chipped red paint on the corners in the same pic), so I went ahead and emailed BBTS to see what can be done, and I'll go from there. Still may try and pick up some of that glue just in case a need arises

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nicollo

Nicollo Well-Known Member

I would contact Hasbro at least. That is allot of money you just dropped on a figure that is not mint. Their Q.A. might think it is ok, but for the money you spent, I would expect better.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't blame you!

And that glue is super handy stuff. It works on a LOT of different kinds of plastic. The best way to use it is to hold the pieces you want to bond closely together, drip some of the cement into the gap and then press them firmly together for a couple minutes until it begins to set. Then let it dry for 24 hours before handling. It will essentially bond the two pieces together (provided the pieces are both made of the same type of plastic). But, it is not a gap-filling cement. It is just a solvent that can solvent-weld parts together (it basically dissolves a little bit of the parts at the glue joint, allows the goo to flow together and then evaporates leaving behind nothing but pure plastic).

6. Nicollo

I picked this up this morning. I do collect the TCG cards, but I mostly bought this cause I thought the box was pretty cool. 20190914_093516.jpg 20190914_093500.jpg

7. fla_Omega_Supreme

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I was a little bummed about Omega and forgot to ask...Was anyone on here at the Oak Ridge Walmart friday afternoon? I went by the TF aisle and somebody was looking ahead of me and looked like they may have picked up a cyberverse figure. Just curious

8. Nicollo

I am currently looking for Cyberverse Gnaw in the Knoxville area. Has anyone seen one yet?

9. ZeBanshee

ZeBanshee Decepticon

Clinton hwy Walmart had 2 as of noon

• Like Like x 1
  10. fla_Omega_Supreme

News Credits:
    BBTS contacted me back and emailed me a fedex shipping label. Once they have it back they have a new Omega reserved to ship back out to me...keep worrying that with the luck I sometimes have, that the new one they send will have some worse defect when it arrives

• Like Like x 2
  11. Nicollo

Stopped by my local Walgreens last night. They have started stocking the deluxe Seige figures. I guess it is time to keep an eye out for Ratchet. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Iacon Studios

Iacon Studios Well-Known Member

My usual routes take me by like 4 Walgreens so when he hits we will know! He's one of those releases that gets me hyped and perhaps a little obsessed with finding him...even though Walgreen's exclusives are usually pretty easy to come by.

Side note; Walgreen's are merging with Kroger so all the stores are being revamped, I don't know if that will effect their stocking for the time being.

• Like Like x 1
  13. feral prime

feral prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dalton Walmart has a thundercracker and Starscream and restocked reissue soundwave if anyone needs them

14. fla_Omega_Supreme

News Credits:
    Well at least now I think I know I cant trust brickseek on this release, since it doesnt list it as in stock in Dalton

15. Iacon Studios

Iacon Studios Well-Known Member

Hey there Tn TFers...I don't mean to bother you, but won't you please try out the first episode of our new podcast Geeks inherited the Earth? It's on Spotify and Itunes! It's homegrown right here in Knoxville!

Spotify:
    Geeks Inherited The Earth

It's a NSFW podcast featuring fans of toys, comics, sci fi and the world of all the things we love in between. We've been fans from the early 80s until now! It's NOT for kids but it IS fun!

Thankee kindly!

Swing by our page for memes and hijinks. It would mean a lot!

Facebook:
    Geeks Inherited The Earth

• Like Like x 3
  16. firmpulse

firmpulse milliradian practitioner

Studio Series Longhaul at Cool Springs Wal-Mart as of 7:45am this morning

17. Scubamatics25

Scubamatics25 Well-Known Member

Yea i was there this morning saw him and left him just waiting for the 35th anniversary Sound blast and blue streak

• Like Like x 1
  18. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Soundblaster and Bluestreak will be available at retail correct? Just like a regular Siege figure?

19. Scubamatics25

Scubamatics25 Well-Known Member

I believe so I don't think Walmart would make them an online only release especially since now you can get Siege Jetfire in Walmart stores.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn You Are Out of Range

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    If they're planned to be set as a feature, there shouldn't be any problem finding them in basically any store. If they're going to be expected to share space with the regular Transformers product, then you may encounter a lower participation rate depending how much inventory is already on hand, and/or how little space a given store still has devoted to Transformers. My advice, if you see Walmart.com get any of those 35th anniversary figures you want in stock, grab them there. They'll probably come back in stock for at least a little while on or after 10/1, and it's better than the dice roll of trying to catch them when or if your local store decides to stock them out.