Tennessee Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by feral prime, Jul 9, 2003.

1. ZeBanshee

ZeBanshee Decepticon

[​IMG]

2. Psycho Grimlock

Psycho Grimlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It WILL go back on the shelf, though it probably will not sell. The culprit is most likely one of the many scalper/dealers that keep the West- End Targets, Walmarts and TRU constantly picked clean. The people that work at that store couldn't care less that the toy has been repacked as anything other than what it is supposed to be. All you did was waste your time trying to explain what was wrong with it. It's probably the same guy who returned all the Gladiator Marvel Universe figures to the Ray Mears and Turkey Creek Targets and dumped all the unwanted Marvel Legends at Walmart. At least it's better than in Morristown, where there is one jerk who works the toy show circuit who damages everything new he can't afford.

3. ZeBanshee

ZeBanshee Decepticon

was at west tru saw the rid prime that is in the 1ed prime box its back on the self but i saw it an looked at it i think its more of hasbro fucked up on that cause i looked at another 1ed prime there an the sword that was with it was the rid prime sword but the correct figure i'll go back an take a picture of it later

4. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Sounds more like the same guy pulled another toy swap to get an extra FE sword. I'll be passing by there tomorrow. I'm tempted to buy these things just so they'll be off the shelf.

Fucking scumbags.

On a lighter note, TRU East Town has two FOC Soundwaves left. Looks like someone grabbed the Soundblaster, and I got one SW. Plenty of data disc two-packs, too, as well as a FOC Vortex.

5. Psycho Grimlock

Ebay:
    I'm with Stryker. Odds are that the FE Voyager and Deluxes aren't even made in the same factory, and at the very least, certainly not on the same production line. That's a repack, and the sword is too. Hasbro may be blissfully inept on the corporate level, but a factory worker could lose his job for putting the wrong toy in the box. The scum that work the secondary market in Knoxville are plentiful, persistent, and low; I know because I'm very familiar with the local toy/comic show circuit. When I worked overnights, I got to see the scalpers hit Target and Walmart many times. Most of those guys look like they're planning on using the toys to lure kids to their houses. More than once, I've stopped a 'swipe and repack' on the floor just be being there, and I've seen middle-aged men literally snatch toys out the hands of children.

I got a returned GDO Voyager Hot Spot from TRU at East Town; I didn't notice that his ties had been cut. He's not missing anything but his instructions (which Hasbro doesn't have replacement pdf's for, BTW) and he's not broken, so I'll probably just keep him even though I usually only go MIB because of space (no more room for open bots). I did find a lone FE Vehicon there today and saw the two FoC Voyager Soundwaves, a couple of Thundertrons, an Ultra Magnus, and a Voyager Starscream. The rest was a mixed bag of Generations and FoC Deluxe. I don't count Cyberverse.That stuff will be there a year from now.

6. L0rdGalvatron

L0rdGalvatron Active Member

Anyone from the Memphis area on here or am I alone?

7. malakibot

malakibot Well-Known Member

Picked up Beast Hunters Laserback today at Toys R Us in Chattanooga near Hamilton Place they had two wheeljacks left when I picked him up.
    They also had a lone FOC Soundblaster voyager but I left him because I want soundawave at least first.

8. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    TRU West has six FOC Soundwaves and two Soundblasters, as well as Beast Hunter Deluxes.

Word of warning: Do NOT buy these Beast Hunter figures unless you're just really into the designs. The quality on these are atrocious. I picked up Wheeljack and Laserback, and both are ridiculously flimsy and feel like they're made of cheap knock-off plastic, worse than I've ever seen on a Hasbro toy. Wheeljack's arm fell off immediately, and Laserback literally fell apart in my hands. Even worse, the joints are awful and extremely loose.

Save your $16 on these guys, seriously. Utter garbage.

9. er4smiths

er4smiths MP Grimlock v2.0

News Credits:
    Plus they look HORRIBLE!!!

10. crazyjw18

crazyjw18 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TRU West is now down to 5 Soundwaves and 1 Soundblaster, I hit them up after work. I grabbed the last two Beast Hunters deluxes too, Soundwave and BB, hoping they aren't too bad.

The TJ Maxx nearby still has a couple Thundertrons for 12.99, looks like Ross has been cleared out of cheap bots. Target remains useless.

I also saw that PRID Prime in the FE box... wonder how long that is going to clog the shelves before some parent finally grabs it. Someone really got involved on the swapping, that's Weaponizers Prime's gun.

11. Blackstar

Blackstar TFW2005 Supporter

I'm around Jackson, TN, but I don't get to Memphis much.

12. er4smiths

News Credits:
    Blame it on the Black star!

You get FOC Grimlock yet?

13. er4smiths

News Credits:
    TRU in Franklin had 10 FE Bulkheads
    2 FE Primes

[​IMG]

14. er4smiths

News Credits:
    Look who arrived today just in time
    to bring the new year in right!

[​IMG]

15. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    ^^^^^NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what I'm saving my Xmas and Bday $$$$ for!! :thumb 

Well, there's hope he could show up here as well.. surprisingly my TRU has FE Prime and Bulky, FOC mini's and Beasties too!! Today was a good run. :thumb 

16. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

Has anybody in the Nashville area (not really willing to drive to Chattanooga or Clarksville) discovered any FoC Grimlocks and Beast Hunters (or any extra Airachnids), yet?

17. uchihabro77

uchihabro77 Energon Warrior 3 Red

I live in Alamo, middle of Crockett County, anybody wanna meet up? :lol 

18. feral prime

feral prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still gathering the hunters myself as for Arachnids..check out your local Walgreens. they were found there and their TFs are actually cheaper then any Walmart, TRU, or Target as of right now..13.49 each baby!!!

19. er4smiths

News Credits:
    You can have my Airachnid if you want it. Hate that figure!

20. Psycho Grimlock

Ebay:
    I'll happily take any other Airachnids being unloaded, just PM me what you want for her.