Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Toys Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Triggerhappy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Dcoleman44

Dcoleman44 Well-Known Member

That should be the game plan of all these companies. I've said bf whoever owns the rights to the original toyline of Thundercats get those originals out there as well as the Tank and Castle. If the release of the original He-man can sell the original Thundercats will sell. Hasbro stop with excuses that the molds for alot of the 80's Transformers line is gone, get someone and get them molds and release the entire 84/85 line.

• Like Like x 1
  2. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:

I think you misunderstood my desires, i want the Playmates not to rerelease their 80s toys just as they are, i want them to rerelease them sized up to support this
    [​IMG]
    TBH i don't want origins stuff, like i totally passed on everything origins, i'm modern articulation of my fav 80s toys sized to todays 6-7". I passed on the release of the TMNT origins figs put out by Playmates, passed on the van that goes with them and the blimp. If it's not sized up to either Neca/S7, i don't want it. I also hate MOTUO figs, i think they're stupid, but i'm happy that people that like it have the ability to get it, but that stuff isn't for me, I'd never buy original transformers from 84/85 (short of Jazz/Meister which i already own for that collection) when CHUG has done it so much better for me, i'd never buy the original Thundercats figures heck i don't want S7s outside of having Panthro.....I may bite on them if they start doing figs from the 20XX show but i only love the 80s commercials but not so much the character designs outside of Turtles and Voltron who don't wear leotards and animal pelts but that's just me

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dcoleman44

Dcoleman44 Well-Known Member

Nothings stopping them from doing both. Mattel has been re-releasing there original He-man stuff along with the new cartoon stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  4. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i need S7 to release this

since i'm going to change their turtles into 2K TMNT anyways :p 

• Like Like x 1
  5. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've been on such an origins kick lately that I'm so hoping playmates re-releases original vehicles as they were. I've been pricing out technodromes lately and a complete one, which is hard to find, is like $500 give or take. Re-release it for $80-90 and I'd buy 2! Not to mention the lair, mutant module, foot cruiser........I could go on.

6. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I'm not sure what they're allowed to show/tease or what. NECA probably isn't going to do a toy show until Toy Fair next February, so I don't know if they'll show/tease anything before then. I don't know what "on the market" means also since Super7 will close their preorder in December but the van should be available on BBTS and EE for a while after. I hope it isn't something where they'd literally have to wait for release but licensors are dumb.

I see no way in which Playmates does actual new work to create new items that are larger.

7. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Thanks! The code is 2103212 if anyone else needs it. Came to $495.64 for me!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I'd be happy with just the rereleased Playmates stuff, I just need to find them. My local Wal-Marts do not like exclusive toys of any brands. Like, at all.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CeramicDragon

CeramicDragon 40 something toy lover

Groundchuck and Wingnut 2 packs showing up in Socal. Groundchuck rang up as $64.99. Was it the same price on NECA's site?

10. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. $487.59 here.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

I quite honestly got the 3rd party in mind for the moment. Curious to see NECA's move as the DeLorean was both out of scale and lacked the sheen it is known for. Maybe they can surprise us all?

12. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I suspect NECA’s will be impressive…and possibly the most affordable of the bunch…and likely the most likely to break, lol…

• Like Like x 2
  13. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

NECA's toon street scene diorama, which was exclusive to the NECA Store, was $165. People were complaining about that price. There's no way the NECA Turtle Van shows up at Target, so economies of scale are out the window. It will be a NECA Store exclusive, just like the street scene and it will be more expensive than you think, just like the street scene. I'm guessing $400.

Even though I don't collect the NECA TMNT figures anymore, I am interested in a cartoon-accurate Turtle Van (I always liked the long cannons on the roof and the yellow side door). Hopefully I'll be able to just barely squeeze in Super7 figures.

That 3rd party van is 3D printed/cast, right? That's a disqualification for me. It also looks a bit too small. But the design is nice.

• Like Like x 1
  14. IronMonger986

IronMonger986 Well-Known Member

Yes, that set is more expensive for some reason. I think Wingnut/Screwloose are the normal $54 price point.

15. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Well my persistence finally paid off and I got a Turtle Van from Walmart for MSRP! Thanks to @Capirus for also keeping an eye out for me but I’m good now. Kids will be happy on Christmas!:D 

• Like Like x 5
  16. xavierleo

xavierleo Well-Known Member

Loved it. I think I'm turtled-out as far as my collection goes (outside of a few S7 classics I loved as a kid), but if they released the main four in their 2002 Styling I'd be all over them.

I still have the giant leonardo up as he looks slick af.

WTH was up with the articulation and posing of these guys though? Even at the time, the peculiar arm and leg placement was a pain.

IMG_20210705_010013619_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. Iacon 3D Labs

Iacon 3D Labs Active Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    TMNT Sewer Lair Set
    Happy Turtle Tuesday!!

An exclusive design for the NECA Cartoon Turtles, this is our first set with accessories straight out of 1987! Includes (1) couch, (1) TV and (1) coffee table. Available painted or unpainted, this set is the ultimate in Turtle nostalgia! This set is now available for purchase through our site and it's first come, first serve don't wait if you are hoping to have this under your tree this year. You can click on my signature below to be taken to our website.

Cartoon Full Set Photoshop.png Full Set Painted Image 01.png Full Set Painted Image 02.png

• Like Like x 11
  18. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I just wanted to say great job on these acessories! They fit right in with the toon turtles (or any turtles for that matter).

• Like Like x 1
  19. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Has anyone opened up their Ultimate April with yellow coat? I got mine the week before last but didn't get to open it up yet, I saw one posted on Twitter and the coat looked like crap, so now I'm not even sure if I should bother haha.

20. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I forgot I got that. It's still in it's shipping box, haha. I'll open it up sometime and check.

• Like Like x 1