Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Toys Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Triggerhappy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Bête Noire

Bête Noire Fallen Guardian

News Credits:
    C'mon, ToyBro - need to see the video review already.
    EDIT - Yay - light-piped eyes. Guess I'll keep my Metalhead PO.

So good news, my local Walmart in Texas redid its toy reset, and I found the Retro-Turtles on their pegs.
    The bad news, is that there was no Donatello.
    The good news is that each Turtle seems to have its own dedicated peg so I can hopefully snag Donatello easily later on, provided he gets reordered.

Retail was $13 a piece, which is scary since I remember getting them for $3-$4 back in the day. Yay inflation.

2. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The more I look at that S7 April, the more I want her. She’s just kinda juicy is all, lol. The heads are what they are…cute…not quite April…but neither was the original toy. I’ll have to watch some reviews, though. The biggest possible issue is that she probably won’t scale with the rest of my turtle stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  3. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    Control yourself, tiger.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Party Wagon is showing as "Limited Stock" at one of my Walmart's. I was just there but didn't see it on the shelves. Maybe it's a restock in the back?

5. Bête Noire

Bête Noire Fallen Guardian

News Credits:
    Limited Stock usually means there were 1-2 left at some point, but because the integration between site inventory amounts and online displays is not in real time, it's safer to say "Limited Stock" as those 1-2 units may actually have sold by the time a person arrives in store.

In all likelihood, the Party Wagon is packing 1-2 per case, and if they only received a single case for the reset, that's probably all of the stock that they have/had. So it's either sitting on a pallet awaiting the aisle reset team or it sold, and the online inventory hasn't been updated yet.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

I pre-ordered Mikey from surethingtoys.

Hopefully it's in stock soon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man... I'm going to cancel Metalhead. I was expecting a chrome chest/shell like the original toy; when was this shift made?

8. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Idk if they ever said it would be vac, I still think it looks good and shiny. Now we need 2k's Turtlebot and '12's Metalhead and I'll have 4 Robot Turtles, or switch one of those with NES TMNT Turtlebot

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    It was never stated to be chromed/vac metal. I'm not really sure where the idea that it would be ever came from.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    2 more stores now showing the same thing. I'm guessing the truck arrived since I've seen photos from the next state over with product. I'll be hunting tomorrow.

11. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I dunno! That flew over my head because I really thought it was chromed. Whoops!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

Probably because the original was and solicitation pics for it are really shiny so I think it was most likely a natural assumption everyone made. Honestly it is to bad it isn't vac metal because the original is what we all are trying to simulate or rather our memories of the original.

13. BlackHawkOmega

News Credits:
    They never actually said they were going to do it. It's better this way anyway, so you don't have to worry about flaking/chipping etc. Plus the chrome would probably make it even MORE expensive

• Like Like x 1
  14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    You're not the only one. I've seen it talked about on other sites I visit too. Apparently a lot of people thought it would be. It's just surprising since it was never solicited as such and the original solicit images clearly look like shing gold paint (to me anyways). Maybe it's just an expectation thing since S7 is trying to replicate the original toys as much as possible while updating them?

Like I said above, the initial images looked pretty obviously to be shiny gold paint and not vac metal. This is one of those instances I'm fine with deviation from the original since, frankly, vac metal is prone to chipping and flaking off and I don't want to have to worry about that on my $50 collectible. Plus, I'm pretty sure it would be more expensive if it was and people are already gnashing their teeth at the cost of Ultimates.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  15. redrum2581

Ebay:
    All this complaining vac metal on Metalhead, meanwhile April is missing the Press on her boob

• Like Like x 4
  16. BlackHawkOmega

News Credits:
    I would do a "her eyes are up here" joke but I was actually fixated on her eyes that I didn't notice. It's not THAT big a deal though.

• Like Like x 3
  17. redrum2581

Ebay:
    Oh idc and I didn't buy her I just wanted to change the hate back to her :p 

• Like Like x 2
  18. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    It isn’t a dealbreaker for me, but the lack of vac metal *is* disappointing. I definitely assumed it was since that was what the original toy had. I also figured since it was just the torso and not anything really articulated, it wouldn’t be an issue. I was most looking forward to him from this wave and now I’ll have to see how the paint looks in-hand.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tyrannozord27

Tyrannozord27 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Heads up guys they're selling the cartoon April-Bashed foot soldier on Ali Express (see what I did there?).
    That's right, if you missed April the first time, you can nab her on there for the low low price of $162. You can beat the US scalpers by getting scalped in the far east:

51.48US $ 26% OFF|Original NECA Bulk Cargo No Outer Box Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Out Of Print April O'Neil 17CM PVC Figure Model Toys Gift| | - AliExpress

To be honest, this is borderline false advertising. S7 knew people would assume it was vac-metal since it is a tribute line, yet did not clarify the matter. Notice they did not do a preview video like they did for wave 4, which raises some questions.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Not that I don't agree that they shouldn't have made sure people were aware, but wasn't wave 4 the first time they did a preview video at all for TMNT? I certainly don't remember any preview videos for waves 1 and 2.

• Like Like x 1