Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Toys Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Triggerhappy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If this is set to come out in the fall, then figure sometime in the summer it will hit Target stores?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Part of me wants to be disappointed at what went up today but part of me also is happy I’m able to save money. After ordering Rat King and Vernon all thats left that I want for my TMNT shelf that I missed is...

April & Foot Soldier
    Casey & Foot Soldier
    Slash & Leatherneck
    Metalhead
    Krang’s Android Body
    Bebop & Rocksteady

I’m not too familiar with the TMNT cartoon having only seen the random episode here or there. What I’d like is for them to put up preorders for a restock of the 1990s movie Turtles, people reported spotting restocks at their Walmarts but I’ve seen sh*t. And outside of April and the two mutants from the second film the Turtles are all I’m missing.

3. Skullox

Skullox Well-Known Member

Haha, ditto. I just don't have any attachment to the characters so this will be my first pass. I'm torn with how I feel about that.

That said, I don't have attachment to the triceratons or the pizza monsters either but they are just damn fun and interesting figures. Glad to save some cash though with the frequency of these drops.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bête Noire

Bête Noire Fallen Guardian

News Credits:
    Oh man, my wallet just sighed the sigh of relief.
    Toy Mutagen Man > Animation Mutagen Man.

• Like Like x 1
  5. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No wings for Ace Duck? Pass

• Like Like x 1
  6. Skullox

• Like Like x 5
  7. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The set looks pretty great. I don't have a good recollection of them but I'll still get this set. Man they keep bringing me back in lol. I almost put in an order yesterday for the rest of the figures, glad I waited to keep the $15 shipping. One big box coming!

I'm figuring this and the Pizza Monster will be out at retail. It doesn't seem like either of them have been stated to be exclusives or anything. It's just nice they're giving us an opportunity to get them around when they'll hit retail, rather than like 9 months later as it's been with their other preorders. So by the time they hit stores, many fans will have them on order, hopefully scalpers will avoid buying them up?

• Like Like x 2
  8. ShawnBerger4Mayor1985

ShawnBerger4Mayor1985 Shawn Berger Campaign Manager

Next 2 weeks? I thought they said it's 3 weeks of reveals, and we're already 2 in, so next Friday is the last? Or did they say something else about 2 more weeks?

Someone asked them about the Pizza Monster being available in Target stores, and it took them a few days to respond about it, but they did say that yes they will be in Targets at some point. I would think that means that also applies to the new 2-pack, but not 100% sure yet. Still, easier to order it here and now and not deal with the hassle of finding it in-store.

I definitely want Ace/Mutagen Man, it's just a question of ordering them now, or waiting until next Friday to potentially combine them together to save a bit on shipping.

• Like Like x 3
  9. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ace Duck looks fun, I just don't know anything about him. And, MM looks like a goofy knockoff of the S7 figure I already have. The only thing telling me to buy this set is completist FOMO.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Skullox

I was really kind of hoping we might see the Casey, April or Slash/Leatherhead packs up today. I never got Casey or S/LH and ebay sales are just going higher which I refuse to pay.

With what's been offered this far, considering the "restocks", I feel like next week will just be Tragg and Granitor. That would be disappointing.

• Like Like x 3
  11. ShawnBerger4Mayor1985

Mutagen Man is pretty much in line with his show appearance:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  12. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh they're doing something next Friday too? Hmm. yeah it's annoying if sales end on some items.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ShawnBerger4Mayor1985

Yeah, it's at least 3 weeks of reveals on Friday, maybe 4 if Creedog saw them say something else about 2 more weeks. Either way, next Friday at least yet. So, yeah, if you want something all 3 weeks, there's no way to avoid paying shipping at least twice. Or if you only wanted stuff from the first and third weeks, since the preorders are only open for 10 days each. That's why I might hold off on ordering Ace/MM until next Friday. Maybe... Ah, I'll probably end up ordering them later today!

• Like Like x 3
  14. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I guess I'll wait til next Friday and make that decision on Ace

• Like Like x 2
  15. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Ugh... Went to three Targets today and at the last one, I walked over to the NECA section to see these people with a cart talking to what I assume is the NECA rep. So I duck down the next aisle over to wait a bit for them to move on, overhearing these people asking about some kind of Gremlin figure the rep had no idea about. They then left and the NECA employee walked off.

So I head over and see a large empty space on the NECA shelf and just as I see this, the NECA rep comes back with a Target employee and says: "I JUST put out three of those $125 Ninja Turtle sets, and they're already gone. I got only three."

I'm thinking I just missed the new 4-pack to scalpers. Maybe they bought the other two for friends, but I doubt it. Cause that's almost $400 in toys right there.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have some NECA movie TMNT figures in my eBay auctions.

<<<<<< Click here

17. ShawnBerger4Mayor1985

Check eBay by location, and you might be able to figure out if they were scalpers. If they knew what day and time to be there precisely to match up with the NECA rep's appearance, that's one sign they put extra effort into it, which could also point towards scalping.

18. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish Ace had bigger wings

19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Torn on if I should get this version of Ace or if I should wait for the inevitable S7 version. I kind of like the idea of Ace being on the shorter side so I might preorder Neca's. Does Neca charge when you preorder or when you ship?

20. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

Man unless they keep doing the preorders I think I am done. Many many trips and lately I cant find any neca product that is of interest to me. All I see are a ton of gremlins and Halloween trick or treat things and pumpkin head or whatever it is. No neca stuff at walmart (tmnt or defenders of earth specifically) and no turtles at target. And I really am not sure it isnt the stores themselves on top of neca shoddy distribution. I mean walmart has so much empty space in the toy isle now it may as well be condensed down to an end cap and stock the isle with something else. And target is starting to look just as barren. With the toy isles and the collectibles sections at both stores looking ghost towns.

• Like Like x 1