Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Toys Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Triggerhappy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Opened Spinter last night and I’ve been messing around with him a lot. The ankles were stuck out of the package, but some heating with a hair dryer eventually got it free.

I really like him, I don’t understand how the earlier reviews said he had no thigh swivels or anything like that, he definitely has the full range.

love the steam coming out of the cup, it’s a fantastic accessory.

F6C8FF27-ED79-40B5-B7D3-4FA6B52C4321.jpeg

still have Baxter and my two foot soldiers to open up, but so far I’m super impressed. I might have a few small gripes here or there, but generally i love the way these look and feel.

edit: I really hope we get a Ray Fillet and an Usagi before this line ends

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Castlevaniac

Hmm, I wonder. Is this another situation where Super 7 only has the license for a set amount of time, and are producing as many figures as possible before losing the rights? Having 7 waves planned could either mean "7 and done" or "7 for now, if the line is successful there will be more" depending on how you look at it. Either way, seven waves of four (assuming this is still the figure count per wave) will get us through the first two full years of vintage figures and the bulk of the third year. I can't imagine they'd skip over any single figure until the vintage wave 3 anyway.

Wave 4 should be Donatello, Krang and two others; I'd bet Casey and a second villain - possibly Rat King or Leatherhead. Or they could save Casey for the next wave to keep buyers on the hook and get another later series figure like MM in there early on instead; fingers crossed for Scumbug or Muckman.

Just thinking out loud, really. Don with storage shell was the first variant to appear at the regular retail level back then, and I'm not sure what Super 7's plans are, if any, for the vintage variants. I also doubt Panda Khan is lighting up want lists as opposed to the more visible and classic designs in that third wave.

Absolutely fantastic news about Usagi, too, though like many here I preferred the toon version also because his design is far closer to Sakai's version of the character.

At any rate, I broke down and locked in a preorder for Mutagen Man. Might change my mind later and go all in, but I had to at least snag one of those weirder figures I enjoyed as a child. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  3. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They're not rushing through them, Brian said that they're going to be going to a 4 month time frame (hopefully) where they'll be putting up preorders every 4 months, and you'll be receiving preorders in a similar time frame. Like when you're ordering Wave 8, wave 6 will arrive to you. Doesn't sound like they have a time limit at all on the license and he did also mention about doing the various random Turtle variants. They've got tons to draw on so I think they're going real deep.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Castlevaniac

Well, that's definitely reassuring. It's like the amended MOTUC releases after Mattel.

I'd hope they would eventually get to all the storage shell Turtles, with maybe significant variants like Undercover Don or Samurai Leo, without taking up too many slots for wanted mutants or such. Not sure if I have the funds to commit 100% to a whole line, even spaced out like this, but I plan on supporting it regardless by buying a random figure here and there. Might grab Metalhead now that I think about it, always liked that figure compared to the show version.

• Like Like x 1
  5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got this in the mail thanks to @Tyrannozord27

I haven’t opened it, but I’ll take some photos later.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  6. theestampede

News Credits:
    I wonder if super 7 would consider an accessory pack, maybe some happier faces for the turtles, trench coats and hats for disguises, and other various add ones for other characters.

7. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Not sure if I’m making this up but didn’t Super7 mention disguise Donatello as a possible release? If so, I think the trench coats could happen.

8. theestampede

News Credits:
    interesting, well at least they’re thinking about it. I think I’d rather a soft good coat and removable hat that any of them can wear though, if I’m honest. Especially if the disguise don took a slot that could be used for something else that hasn’t been touched yet.

9. shockwave1977

shockwave1977 Shaun

Playing and drinking with my brothers! Good times!

20200926_183048.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  10. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I'm not going to lie, I'm going to need a Usagi Yojimbo.

And that means I'll probably end up getting the rest of the Super 7 line.

• Like Like x 2
  11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm going to get Usagi too...he's one of my fave comic heroes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bête Noire

Bête Noire Fallen Guardian

News Credits:
    I'm really hoping that the S7 Usagi is Toy-inspired in design. That was like my first non-Turtle good guy figure so I have a lot of nostalgia for that old design.

• Like Like x 2
  13. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I dont think you have to worry about that based on previous figures, I have room for both in my collection so im all for it

• Like Like x 1
  14. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is Target even carrying the NECA toon figures anymore? Most stores have removed to tag from the shelves.

15. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As far as I know, they are still carrying them. For what it's worth, half of the Targets I find NECA TMNT figures at have never put out the tags...probably since the figures are usually gone in the blink of an eye.

• Like Like x 3
  16. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    at my local Target the tags come and go but they mean very little, there's just a bunch of Neca Tags and a bunch of Neca product that doesn't always correlate to what's sitting in that spot

• Like Like x 2
  17. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The degree of organization I typically see in the NECA sections might best be described as “tornadic”.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Just found a Foot Soldier 2-pack at Walmart

20200927_130830.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  19. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

I actually checked on that for myself. They flip the tag to make room for other items in the meantime. It is still there, just temporarily flipped.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

Congrats man. They had about 10 packs at the one I scored mine at. I ended up buying 4 packs (not for resale, strictly for my Foot army). I quite honestly thought I would have never been able to army build these. I could use maybe one more pack of the Toon soldiers to satisfy my collecting goals.

The current resale price for these packs is crazy. Almost $90 bucks minimum per pack.