Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Toys Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Triggerhappy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

I would think so too.

As far as Target releases I made my calls today locally and no dice. I'll check back again towards the tail end of the week. I need those Rock Soldiers. Been wanting those since I was a kid (Never had that luck).

And, I'm still trying to get at least 3 packs of the Movie Foot Soldiers. I need these bad.

Still pondering If I will army build with a few Triceratons. The Roadkill Rodneys are a great addition. Somebody already asked Neca if they were going to release a Rodney pack. They responded no.

• Like Like x 3
  2. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i think they should've just made him a deluxe with like 4-6 Mousers

yeah i saw that, i know people want to army build diff things so i'm hoping someone wants to army build Triceratons like i want to army build RKR

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Castlevaniac

And here I was thinking it would be a no brainer on NECA's part to include at least two of them in the upcoming set. What other accessories would Baxter even ship with?

It's been well over 20 years since I've even seen an episode of the show and the only thing that immediately springs to mind is his "hand" gun from the Turtles in Time arcade game.

I like that the Triceraton they're shipping first has the colors close to the original vintage figure, but I'd only be interested in the RKR side of that 2-pack.

• Like Like x 1
  4. redrum2581

Ebay:
    Just got this email, Bummer:

TMNT CRATE #2 SHIPPING UPDATE

Dear Looter,

Due to recent events, import and transit times of products have been globally affected. As a result, the ship date for your TMNT "Arcade" Crate #2 has been delayed.

Your crate is now estimated to ship in late October. You can also log in and check the status of your order here.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our Customer Support team for assistance.

Thank you for your patience,
    Team Loot Crate

• Like Like x 1
  5. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I listened to Super7's Brian Flynn on the Fwoosh podcast. For the Ultimates Wave 1, they're considering doing a second run, but just changing the weapons rack color. So basically it'll be the exact same. They didn't want to do a version with less accessories if people got annoyed with that. And they didn't want to do a version with different paint apps on the figures since that may make Wave 1 owners feel like they should buy a second.

Wave 2 is supposed to ship from the factory in November, and Wave 3 most likely in March after Chinese New Year, maybe even before CNY if they go fast but more likely March.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Castlevaniac

Great news, if true, about a second run. There's probably quite a few fence-sitters (like me) that were waiting for in-hand reviews and the like to make a decision on supporting another line.

Super 7's earlier efforts (read: MOTU) were bogged down a bit by inconsistent release dates and minor errors in the plastic colors from prototype to production among other issues. Glad to see they're turning things around with both TMNT and the Thundercats offerings.

• Like Like x 3
  7. RoDu

RoDu Well-Known Member

I just want Splinter already. And the rest, them too

• Like Like x 1
  8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  9. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

Fwoosh did an interview on YouTube with Brian Flynn of Super7.

- They are probably going to re-issue Wave 1 with small changes to the color of the weapon racks so people can tell them apart from the original but would not entice re-buys from people who already have them.
    - April has seen head-to-toe revisions and she is closer to the cartoon model now.
    - Wave 2 is ahead of schedule and might ship from the factory in October.
    - Wave 3 is scheduled to ship from the factory in January.
    - Wave 4 will be solicited in October.
    - Usagi Yojimbo's rights are secured.
    - Hinting at Turtle Van as the next big project after Snake Mountain is in everyone's hands.*

* He only confirmed that there are two big projects planned and they are pretty much what everyone is guessing. To my knowledge, the strongest rumors are the Turtle Van and Thunder Tank.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Illmatic

Update: Brickseek was listing instock like crazy this afternoon at multiple Walmarts, but due to the false alarms (and employee incompetence) I called in advance and got alot of "No Sorry, none in stock" (Usual BS). But...then... all of a sudden the "cool" Walmart where I scored the Casey set and missed the Turtles by 30 minutes, said instock. I drove there immediately on my way back home from work and there they were (In the store that I was a manager in, we tended to get stock out early in electronics like this.). They always have them locked up in a case and limit it to 2 per person. This Walmart's dept manager does a great job of knowing his product as he tries to order a sufficient amount (Wish other elec dept managers were like him). Been waiting for this store to say "In-stock". Glad I was freed up for this.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Illmatic

I might have to peep their April, Usagi, and Turtle van (Hopefully it will not have the decals already applied. We shall see.).

12. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I like April, I'd probably buy her again and another Foot or two if they re-issue Wave 1, but honestly will stick with my wave 1 figures for the most part. I mean, no need to become crazy completionist with this line. Am I right?

13. Bête Noire

Bête Noire Fallen Guardian

News Credits:
    Reissuing Wave 1 makes a lot of sense. Know what will stop people from ordering Leo, Mikey, and Don? Not being able to get Raph at a decent price.
    Glad to see that people will get another shot at them.

14. redrum2581

Ebay:
    in for the Turtlevan and Thundertank as well as Usagi even though i prefer toon UY
    [​IMG]
    to toy UY
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  15. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

He was saying that while it's natural for prices to go up on these items and people shouldn't expect a rescue from paying late taxes in the future, the immediate and drastic secondary market price hikes were outside of the healthy range. Also, Wave 2 and beyond are going to be produced in larger quantity due to more demand from regional distributors and online retailers, so it makes sense to make as many Raphaels as there will be Leonardos, etc.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  16. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I will happily pick up a second Raphael, it’s a good figure and id hate be stuck in a situation where my current one broke

17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I was thinking Technodrome but that’s also me projecting

• Like Like x 3
  18. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just watched the interview and they also confirmed having 7 Super7 TMNT waves planned at this time.

After Wave 4 is announced, it's going to get very interesting.

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I prefer animated Usagi too...

Technodrome! My wallet would cry...

20. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    apart from the turtles, I’m all in on toy versions of the rest...my hopes are for Usagi, Rat King, Ace Duck, Muckman, Triceraton, and Leatherhead. I’ll take the Van as well:)