Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Toys Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Triggerhappy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Bbts finals shipped my super 7 turtles. Man their shipping times have gotten bad, that was maybe a 2 week wait?

oh well, I’m super excited for these to get here

• Like Like x 1
  2. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They're slow but I think it was exasperated by Super7 delivering numerous items that were all late at once and everyone shipping at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie, old age or the sheer number of things I have sent out or something but I completely forgot I sent this. I guess once you said you got it I just put it out of my mind. Glad you are enjoying and glad to help.

• Like Like x 6
  4. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Screenshot_20200918-150150_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20200918-150314_Samsung Internet.jpg
    It's crazy what inspiration can accomplish. For my later this year Toon Splinter I'm borrowing an idea I saw of figurerealm which used 07 Movie Splinter and Sota SF Gen

• Like Like x 5
  5. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Castlevaniac

Man, where do I even begin?

Kudos and endless appreciation to both @Bryan Thornton and @LarELar -- both Shredder/Krang and April/Foot showed up this afternoon right as I got home.

I literally cannot stop looking at these figures and I haven't opened either set yet. It's like a massive blast of nostalgia washed over me after a relatively meh week. A little bit smaller than I was expecting (remember I've still not seen any of these figures in person until now) but the designs take me back in time to the late 80's / early 90's when Turtle Power was at its zenith in pop culture. What a strange time that was, in a way it almost feels like it happened in another life at this point.

As often as I've seen the 1990 movie (first run in the theater -- and still love it and quote it to this day!) I have a soft spot in my ice covered heart for the late James Avery's performance in the original cartoon. To me, he will always be the Shredder, even with the incredible gift he gave TV audiences as Uncle Phil -- at times I can't imagine the character with any other voice than his. It's iconic, like Cobra Commander and Chris Latta, you can't help but hear *that voice* when the character is given dialogue. I wish I had a whole shelf of "impressionable villains" from my childhood in figure form -- Saw Boss, Dr. Scarab, Duke Igthorn, Cyril Sneer... but I've got the Shredder, Megatron and Charles Montgomery Burns, so it's a start.

I'm honestly surprised my Bebop / Rocksteady set hasn't already shipped from the NECA Store. I know all the other stuff they've been offering is MOD but I figured they'd draw from available stock to fill orders. I'm patient, though.

Anyway, thanks again for hooking me up, you guys. :thumb 

• Like Like x 8
  6. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Where’d you get those clothes again?

7. Bryan Thornton

This is quite literally why I collect. I can have a crap day and come home and see my displayed stuff and immediately feel better. I have been super fortunate to be able to help a few people on the boards and each and every time I imagine them enjoying the items I have found like I enjoy my stuff. That is what we are all here for. To share our enjoyment of these items together (as well as our frustration over some of them....looking at you neca and hasbro joe line with your spotty distributions).

• Like Like x 6
  8. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There were a few occasions where Mr. Avery let that voice be heard as Uncle Phil, but I must admit that reading your post
    [​IMG]

... did bring a smile to my face.
    [​IMG]

Actually, yes I did get a baroness. The target employee upon checking their handheld, was surprised there were 2 that arrived that day. He went to the docks and picked them both up. As I was leaving with one, I noticed one of the two lurkers' eyes widen up as I was carrying it and asked, 'where did I get it?' I walked him to the aisle and said, "right here where it's supposed to be." Honestly, when the target employee brought back the 2 boxes, I was tempted to buy both, but decided not to. And I think the lurker (hey, I think we've all done it too) was surprised that I picked up and handed him the additional one. I think that others might not have been so 'generous(?)' if the tables were turned. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ A few days afterwards I had an idea of painting a second one in grey/blue/purple (similar to what I intend on doing with an extra snake eyes I ordered on sale in a 'damaged/dinged box'). Who knows, baroness might eventually be re-released in those toon-esque colors anyways.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

So I caved and ordered the remainder of the movie figures from PopCultcha. This whole week I kept using Brickseek to track figures at Walmart while at work. There were 2 situations where the app stated that stores near me had the figures (I've actually been able to pick up figures on 2 occasions using the app. It isn't perfect, but it can give you good leads.). And yeah, I check periodically for any sudden inventory changes. When I went to the Walmarts the employees would say: "What's that? I've never heard of that!?", and proceed with they did not have any without even trying to look. This is bullshit customer service. I was a manager at Walmart about 2 weeks ago (Held this job for a year, due to my real engineering job being shutdown. Good thing I'm back to normal again!) and I tried to help the best I could despite all the stuff I had going on daily. I'm tired of wasting gas after seeing a lead on my phone, only to be blocked by lazy employees when I get there. One guy even admitted that figures had been available a couple weeks back. Funny thing is that I was in the store during that time and he stated that there were no shipments received at all. And this is a DEPARTMENT MANAGER!?. Wow. I never understood the concept of allowing someone that shows no interest in a dept to become its manager. Sorry for this rant, btw. I just had to get my anger out.

• Like Like x 3
  10. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After months of waiting, the Super7 collection is here! :) 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  11. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, these are legit !

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  12. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Don't do this to me man. You're making me want them, haha!

• Like Like x 2
  13. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m taking photos later! Haha

• Like Like x 3
  14. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Damn that’s a good haul

• Like Like x 1
  15. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

The only Super 7 figures I want are the Metalhead (I got the NECA already, but want the metallic chrome look for nostalgia's sake. One of the few double buys other than Shredder.) and a Ray Fillet (Manta Ray). I'm wondering if they will make any vehicles? I wouldn't mind one of these:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bryan Thornton

Splinter and raph vs 5 foot soldiers......that doesn't seem a fair fight.............for the foot soldiers.

• Like Like x 1
  17. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Love seeing everyone
    Oh the Cheapskate:)  My first TMNT vehicle, which I have lots of fond memories of. I would love to see NECA tackle it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    14x Movie Foot 2pks, 28 Foot soldiers is a lot of Foots, Feets, Feet? Lol I'm just kidding, why would someone need that many though
    Screenshot_20200919-152514_Facebook.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sure...not for sale. :rolleyes:  What is his ebay page? :D 

Even if he isn't selling them, sort of an asshole thing to do. Make sure no one else in the area can buy them at retail.

• Like Like x 10
  20. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I want to believe that this guy either has a lot of collector friends or just has a strong need for a huge Foot army...but the cynic in me suspects that he has hookups at multiple Walmarts and most of these are going right up onto eBay...

• Like Like x 5