Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Toys Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Triggerhappy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I have no experience with any crates besides TMNT ones, the Splinter one was my first. I just wish they wouldn't ship in the actual box. It's literally got a sticker sealing it and that's it. At least they don't put the label on the side with the print on it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree there. The Marvel Unlimited does the same thing with a single piece of tape sealing it. Nothing has happened to any of them so far but yeesh.

I wonder when the ghost Splinter is supposed to be shipped out. Maybe I should ask but I suspect I'd get a vague answer, haha.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ShawnBerger4Mayor1985

ShawnBerger4Mayor1985 Shawn Berger Campaign Manager

Oh man, do I want that General Traag and Lieutenant Granitor 2-pack! Always thought it was kinda weird that they didn't make a Granitor for the original figures when they made the Traag figure so early on.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Yeah, I always thought that was odd. So was only getting two of the four Punk Frogs. Obviously Neca will get to them at some point if their cartoon line keeps going, but I wonder if S7 will be able to do show characters that never got a toy in the original toy style?

5. ShawnBerger4Mayor1985

ShawnBerger4Mayor1985 Shawn Berger Campaign Manager

Yeah, I think both companies will have some blank spots in the roster. S7 won't be able to do characters that were on the show but didn't have an original figure, and NECA won't be able to do characters that had a figure but never appeared on the show. Then there will be the oddballs like Ray. Appeared in both forms, but in radically different ways. Guess they each might be able to do their own distinct type of Ray.

• Like Like x 2
  6. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    already glued CJ bag back together, ordered WWE Elite Shane-O-Mac for my true CJ base body and have a bid in for a 1/10 Harley as i think size wise it should work better, searching on a better body for movie Splinter as those rags just aren't to my liking

7. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense to me. How would anybody know to re-order new stock if they don't track stock quantities? Sounds like a BS line to prevent perceived scalpers from getting any info out of employees. Either that or the dude is a 'fell off the back of the truck' re-seller.

If you don't track what you have you never know when it's time to re-stock. Sounds backwards to any other store. I'm pretty sure TRU in Canada and Wal-Mart track all stock items they have in the store. They paid for the items, they should TECHNICALLY OWN the items until a transaction is complete. Otherwise what's the point of having anything in your store? Nobody would come in to buy specific NECA products from your store if they couldn't verify that they were actually IN STOCK. Also, if they don't track them how the fuck do we track them with Brickseek or whatever the equivalent is online with all the DPCI codes to hunt them down?

What kind of agreement with any retailer has you paying premium to rent shelf space, put your items up for sale in said retail environment and then they don't track the items because they don't OWN them? Sounds like a really shitty deal, and what about liability in the event of loss or theft? That kind of deal just sounds like utter nonsense to me, NECA takes all the risk. Also, if Target doesn't OWN them then technically they would see no money from the sale of the item because all proceeds should be returned to NECA. Any profits from the sale of items would go directly to NECA as the legal owners of the product on 'rented' shelves.

Sorry, I'm not trying to attack you or anything from what you said, but what that employee said makes no fucking sense to me from a corporate and retail business operation strategy. If that were the case than all toy companies could potentially be just 'renting' shelves and paying Target to stock their products, which means Target would see no profits from any sales since they would have to fork over the cash 100% to the manufacturer and on top of that they wouldn't be able to red tag them the way they typically do so often to move old product. Because Legally if you don't own them you can't discount them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    As a former logistics manager for them I'm going to flat out tell you this is not correct. The employee more than likely had no clue how the inventory control system actually works... which is typical if they don't work inventory control or are a member of management that deals with it regularly.

• Like Like x 4
  9. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never understood why Playmates didn't just switch out weapons and change up the necklaces to make the frogs, instead they made a whole new mold.

I hope we get all 4

• Like Like x 2
  10. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

Where was this at?

11. Sirtank

Sirtank Well-Known Member

I have no idea what the deal with Neca and Target is, but deals with retailers like described above are a thing. The company I work for has that deal with a large retail chain. We bring in the product and stock it ourselves once a week. We don't get paid for the items until they are scanned at the register. Any of the stock that is lost or stolen we get stuck for. I don't know the details since it's not my area, but the stuff is obviously tracked in order for us to get the credit for the sale.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bête Noire

Bête Noire Fallen Guardian

News Credits:
    I think what the Target employee was trying to describe is a Direct Store Distribution (DSD) Vendor relationship with NECA.
    Normally, you see DSD vendors for things like bread, sodas/beer, or greeting cards. With this type of relationship, Target don't track the logistics portion of the items such as coming in from their warehouse. In this sense, they don't really drive the ordering/replenishment portion directly, either. The vendor will have their own reps replenish the shelves - sometimes via a self-maintained delivery system (Coke vendor drives Coke trucks carrying Coke product for the shelf) or there's a separate delivery by the vendor's logistics solution, the product is staged in a specific area, and the vendor comes in a separate (usually personally owned) vehicle to stock the shelves.

These products are still "received" at the dock with a handheld, but they're treated differently than "organic" store/department stock. It's also not uncommon for DSD items to be exempt from a standard retail inventorying process and to be counted separately in its own audit. In fact, back my retail days, we weren't even required to "front" or "zone" DSD sections as the maintenance and merchandising were the responsibility of the vendor. If it was a "big company visit" type thing, we might make an exception or even pull backstock down from the riser or stockroom (if the vendor was permitted to keep some there).

I don't think that what the employee told you was flat-out wrong - just not wholly informed and likely a result of only understanding a fraction of the retail process.

• Like Like x 3
  13. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Y’all can describe the system all day long. Meanwhile, the system is not working.

• Like Like x 5
  14. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

^This. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Yes, but Target's system ...at least when I worked for them, things could have changed... still kept track of the amount of DSD stock.im the store. That's also assuming they have a DSD deal with NECA which does seem very likely. Everything you've said is wholly correct though. That said... even though we didn't deal with Pepsi per se ...as an example... we still could track the merch in our store as far as how much came in, how much sold, and what we still had.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

I dont know if target tracks them or not but I can tell you for sure that neca has their own "reps" for each store who come in and stock them. The target employees don't stock the neca product and the majority of the time they dont know what is in the back. Neca ships the product to the store direct not from a target warehouse/distribution center. At least that is what they say.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rochester, NY

18. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I realize that no matter what Neca does that there will always be people that (excuse my language and rant) are so freaking stupid that they'd pay on avg $125 on eBay for a preorder that was roughly $40 cheaper, this goes to show that it's not a Neca problem, it's an us problem as consumers, just for craps and laughs jumped over to the sold section thinking i'd see 1 or 2 people that prob just couldn't figure out the PO situation for whatever reason but sheesh there's alot, glad for the person that did geta win at $85 (that's $4 less than i paid lol) but the person that paid $150 ouch. I hate people in general when it comes to collecting bcuz we feed and encourage the scalpers/bots and this is just the grandest of evidence of such a culture (end rant)

anyways does anyone know of any action figures 6-7" that wears a life like kung fu gi?

• Like Like x 3
  19. Bryan Thornton

Toybiz did a shang chi at one time but it might be just a bit short.
    marvel super heroes toy biz SHANG CHI masters of kung fu action figures

Also not sure what scale they are but remco made a karate kid line in the 80s and they might work.
    remco karate kid - Google Search

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bryan Thornton

[Stock] NECA TMNT Bebop and Rocksteady Target Exclusive

Just saw this. Alot of people are buying the xesray combatants from 5ktoys so I went to their site to check it out and I see they have the bebop and rocksteady packs in stock. I have never ordered from them but quite a few people on other forums have ordered those combatant figures from them.

• Like Like x 2