Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Toys Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Triggerhappy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  2. ShawnBerger4Mayor1985

ShawnBerger4Mayor1985 Shawn Berger Campaign Manager

NECA isn't anywhere remotely close to being alone with this issue though. I've struck out on almost every single exclusive I've tried for in the last few weeks, no matter the company, no matter the retailer, no matter the degree of limited exclusivity, just about nothing made any difference (only got hold of 1 out of several attempts...). It's the same story, time after time, preorders out of stock in seconds.

And it isn't just figures either. Scalper bots have destroyed preordering limited-run craft beers in the last few months. They're gone in seconds now too. And we all know how screwed it's been for tickets for years and years. And remember toilet paper a few months ago? Unfortunately, going more and more online with everything has only made it easier for resellers to "ply their trade." And I say that about as derisively as possible. As a more-or-less hoarder, I've barely sold off anything ever, so reselling really irks me.

I'm probably the closest I've been in a very long time to just giving up on collecting altogether. The scalpers are stealing away more than just the product, they're stealing the fun away too. And that bothers me even more. And with the economic uncertainty so high right now, people having more time on their hands, and sometimes out of straight-up desperation (long-time scalpers have lost a source of income through the near-complete drop-off in ticket sales the past few months), I can see why the scalping issue has only gotten worse in recent months. And the retailers have little reason to care. They're moving the product instantly, putting the risk in others' hands, then getting another payment on the same item through their cut when the scalper resells it on their site. And how do you authoritatively quash a scripter/hacker/bot-user anyway? They seem to always have counter-measures sooner or later. If it's a major source of income to them, I'd expect no less. The whole idea of "exclusive" is becoming more of a sham with each day. As long as the "right" people are making money, there's small hope for significant change.

Yeah, I'm so ready for this year to be over already... Can 2021 please be at least a little better? It's a very, very low bar to clear. :rolleyes: 

I wish I felt the same. I guess I collect too much to be able to feel confident I'll get everything I want at reasonable prices. I feel like doing away with the whole "exclusive" angle would be a decent step in the right direction though. Or at least minimizing the number of "exclusives" so that the word actually has meaning again.

• Like Like x 3
  3. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    it's bcuz i collect so much stuff that i'm un-phased, i've been thru a lot of the dark ages like the 2010 basketball sneaker times the current zeezy shoe times, 3rd party TFs, the holiday air jordan purchases, so for me this is just another walk in the park

• Like Like x 2
  4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. redrum2581

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  6. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I was tempted. Had it been the regular release, I probably would have went for it. Full disclosure, I did PO the S7 Mutagen Man on BBTS yesterday. My closest tie to that character is the O.G. toy, so S7 is the way to go with him.

• Like Like x 3
  7. shockwave1977

shockwave1977 Shaun

Thanks! The Target I stopped by had 3 of the 2 packs of Casey and the Foot Soldier and 2 Metalheads. I bought both Metalheads so the scalpers would not get him. I will either try trading him for something I need, give him to my son or sell him at cost plus freight. I have no intentions of keeping both.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Apeface

Apeface cares not for gophers

• Like Like x 3
  9. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

The mouser was tempting me as much as Baxter was...lol...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

I'm definitely interested in Metalhead if you decide to sell your extra! BTW, @chrisr291 started a sheet here for folks to help each other out.

• Like Like x 2
  11. shockwave1977

shockwave1977 Shaun

Awesome idea! With a wife, 13 year old daughter, and 10 year old son, my toy hunting days are very few and far between. I just do not have time to do that anymore. I like to pre-order my stuff and be done with it.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Norita man

Norita man Well-Known Member

Hello,
    Sorry to interrupt a conversation but I have a question to tmnt fig collectors.

I am looking for the 4 turtles in a 3'25 quarters(9-10cm)
    It doesn't have to be action figure. It can be cake tofle.
    I tried looking on internet but it was difficult.

Thanks for the help

13. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The original TMNT figures are only about 4" tall. You can order a set of reissues at Gamestop.

Edit: They seem to be sold out online. Sorry.

https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectibles/collectibles/figures/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-classic-1988-action-figure-4-pack/11049299.html?rt=productDetailsRedesign&utm_expid=.h77-PyHtRYaskNpc14UbmA.1&utm_referrer=https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=tmnt+4-pack&lang=default

• Like Like x 1
  14. Norita man

Thanks for the reply.
    I thought about that unfortunately 4 inch is too big for my shelf/collection. Even old marvel universe 3.75 fig is too big
    I cant go more than 10 cm.

But I really appreciate the fact feedback

15. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No problem. There are these guys, but I think they are pricey for what they are.
    You can get them individually for 17.99 each at BBTS.

TMNT ReAction Pizza Box of 4 SDCC 2019 Exclusive Figures

• Like Like x 1
  16. redrum2581

Ebay:
    There's tiny tmnt figures on ebay i think they're from the TMNT movie that's possibly your best bet, i think there are some other ones but I've never paid attention just stuff I've seen while scrolling and searching

• Like Like x 1
  17. Norita man

Yeh thanks I will look. Super 7 is indeed a little pricey

18. Bête Noire

Bête Noire Fallen Guardian

News Credits:
    Maybe the ReAction versions?
    Product Search Page

If you're looking for smaller figures and aren't married to the 3 3/4" size, Mega Construx turtles (if you can find them) are awesome and only like 1 1/2" in size.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

Maybe these guys will work? Says they are 3 incheshttps://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/39473

I dont know anything about them as far as articulation or if they have regular color variants but they meet the size requirement you have i think.

• Like Like x 2
  20. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Was this posted?

Yikes... The NECA scalpers can have this release.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3