Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Toys Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Triggerhappy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Hit two targets on my way home...one had 11 sets but no Bebop/Rocksteady and the second had 4 sets but still no B/R. Bah.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GoLion

GoLion 誰がおならをした

News Credits:
    Got the Shredder and Ras set today. Shredder is the winner in my view. Really love all of these Batman/Tmnt figures.

3. Lachoneus

Lachoneus Dinobot

News Credits:
    So are the two-pack foot soldiers different from the ones released with Ralph/Mikey a few months ago?

4. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

Nope, they are the exact same figure with the same accessories which is cool.

5. shockwave1977

shockwave1977 Shaun

20191203_184813.jpg 20191203_184831.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  6. Bête Noire

Bête Noire Fallen Guardian

News Credits:
    I kind of feel like the Foot 2-pack would have had more appeal if there had been some slight variation on the accessories or maybe an interchangeable head - given that they're exactly the same, I'm less inclined to buy them again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    someone please tell me how to share tweets on here, i know it's something simple that i'm just missing
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Making a Metalhead \m/ <br>Tooling is imminent. Articulation is almost final<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TurtleTuesday?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TurtleTuesday</a> <a href="https://t.co/kU1BeMqg0q">pic.twitter.com/kU1BeMqg0q</a></p>&mdash; NECA (@NECA_TOYS) <a href="https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1201893676412293120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 3, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    [​IMG]
    HTML:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Making a Metalhead \m/ <br>Tooling is imminent. Articulation is almost final<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TurtleTuesday?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TurtleTuesday</a> <a href="https://t.co/kU1BeMqg0q">pic.twitter.com/kU1BeMqg0q</a></p>&mdash; NECA (@NECA_TOYS) <a href="https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1201893676412293120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 3, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    i've tried everything it's frustrating, anyways Neca just tweeted about their upcoming Metalhead

• Like Like x 4
  8. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    My Target stocks three types of toys:
    1. Crap that nobody wants.
    2. Exclusives that're old news in Egypt.
    3. Street dated toys that can't be sold (Springer, Rocksteady/Bebop, etc).
    For as lousy as they are at inventory control, though, they are fucking superhuman at finding hidden toys. Doesn't matter where I put them, they're always found within 24 hours. Such was the fate of that Rocksteady and Bebop set. It's not a terrible loss because I wasn't entirely sold on the cel shading effect. I really would've preferred that Playmates hadn't fucked up their Classics line on purpose. But expecting a toy company not to fuck up constantly is like expecting your dog to start speaking the Queen's English.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  9. lilmac

lilmac Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    They might all be on eBay(?) by now.

• Like Like x 2
  10. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Haha for that I'm glad that I wasn't forced to buy them to get 1 extra accessory.

Awesome! I don't think there's any way to imbed tweets on TFW.

11. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    If NECA had included what they showed off at conventions in the Foot 2-pack like the additional weapons and that large head for the "smart foot soldier" from one episode, it would certainly give more incentive to get people to buy them.

12. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:

That would be from the episode “The Foot Soldiers Are Revolting”. The smart Foot Soldier was designated Alpha 1.

• Like Like x 1
  13. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Isn’t that an upcoming “ultimate” release?

14. GoLion

GoLion 誰がおならをした

News Credits:
    … Bebop and Rocksteady are too big. <_< >_>

It didn't bother me at first but, after watching a few episodes of the original toon, it bothers me now.

I accept your hatred.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bête Noire

Bête Noire Fallen Guardian

News Credits:
    Metalhead is one of those odd characters (like Slash), where I prefer the toy version to the animation version. If it doesn't have the vac metal/gold on it, I'mma probably pass.

• Like Like x 3
  16. alty66

alty66 Well-Known Member

Gotta find em first, lol. I've been to Target daily, since they started hitting stores, and haven't seen any signs of this wave. I'm gonna give it another week and I guess get reamed on eBay.

• Like Like x 1
  17. GoLion

GoLion 誰がおならをした

News Credits:
    neca tmnt.jpg
    I overpaid for them too. I spent almost 20 dollars more having them shipped to me.

Me too. I never liked either of their cartoon designs. Slash, especially, has a much better toy design.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  18. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I’m a weakling. I finally caved on that DC Batgirl/Donny set. No issues out of the box, and both figures are actually nicer than I expected them to be. They could use a bit of lube, but they are otherwise pretty good. I will say, though, that Batgirl’s ankle joints are REALLY thin and look as though they could snap in a stiff breeze...but that’s just how she’s designed. They kind of look like figma joints...would be nice if there were some spare joints in the box... I’ll just have to be nice to her! Donny is pretty solid and has a greater range of motion than the BatMike I got a couple months ago. So, I’m happy with him. I still don’t like that I shelled out for a figure (Batgirl) that I really don’t want...but oh well...at least she’s cute and works decently.

• Like Like x 1
  19. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i can't believe i paid $200 for 4 TMNT figs, even Neca hasn't costed me that much lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

It’s just money! And, I would think some Batman fans would take the other figures off your hands if you aren’t real jazzed about keeping them. They do look good, IMO.

• Like Like x 1