Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Toys Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Triggerhappy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

If Super 7 ever did Mirage or IDW style figures I would lose my mind.

2. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

Is $45 the new price for an action figure?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The collector market for Turtles has really grown in the past decade. These might be unique in being based on the old toys, but people have a lot of choices and these seem to be the least back for your buck. After shipping, one of these figures is going to be about $60. So far, I am not wowed by what is being offered.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Synth

Synth Well-Known Member

It might be cheaper on BBTS with their standard $4 shipping and pile of loot.

I am conflicted about buying Super7's TMNT toy versions probably because I have a near complete vintage collection.
    I do like the Raph with new headsculpt a lot tho, and I will most likely buy him and will try to get the quartet together.
    Splinter is also cool and could also fit in with the NECA Mirage Turtles --
    although I'm not sure yet if I will keep my Mirage TMNT due to the fact I have the TMNT many times duplicate in different versions...
    (I have at least 3x original toy, vintage movie, 2002 toon, neca mirage, nick toon, neca toon, figuarts toon and soon super7 toy -- holy cow! that's 8x the same 4x characters! I probably get rid of the vintage movie, 2002 and nick tmnt first and maybe a vintage set depending on vehicle/playset needs.)
    I am on the fence about Super7's Baxter Stockman since he looks so close to the vintage toy even if that is the intention.
    I can't decide on him at all.
    I don't feel like getting toy 6" foot soldiers; I much prefer NECA's cartoon versions.

Speaking of NECA, I always wanted figures from the 80's Fred-Wolf TMNT cartoon the most; which NECA is now finally doing and they announced and shown off non other than...
    April O' Neil and Casey Jones at SDCC 2019!!!
    And another chance at more toon Foot Soldiers!
    Those are all MUST haves for me! :) 
    The NECA videogame Slash is awesome too! I don't collect the videogame versions but I want that Slash and per-ordered him.
    I'm super excited about NECA's offering and can't wait to add them to my collection!

tmnt1e.jpeg-945x628.jpeg SDCC-2019-NECA-TMNT-016.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

^NECA Toon Turtles FTW, that is the line I'm going with.

• Like Like x 1
  6. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    NECA 80s Game, 80s Comic, 90s Movie, Playmates 80s Toon, Revoltect Nick Toon

pass on Super Splinter i'm going with movie Splinter as my "Splinter", will prob do Super7 Baxtar and paint his hands brown like the comic and nick toon, and then def Neca April & Casey

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Zethrofax

Zethrofax Well-Known Member

Is there a consensus on the best non movie line classic style TMNT line? Im looking to start a TMNT collection and am curious if the super 7 line would probably be the best place to start at this point?

8. redrum2581

Ebay:
    Consensus probably not, there are 3 diff companies with 2 variations in one company. You have Super7 but they're classic Toy not toon, 80s toon choices are 2 variations from Neca, Playmates and SHFiguarts, each has pros and cons so it really comes down to what is it that your looking for, I'm a huge mix and match with trying to get all series of TMNT, I need someone to get on the Bay Movie, Next Dimension(all 5 no f@#$s given), and the 2K, oh and that current abomination RotTMNT, so be subjective and go with what looks best to your tastes

9. Synth

Synth Well-Known Member

With what Super7 is charging for the figures, you could still get the NECA's with inflated prices on the aftermarket and end up with spending about the same amount atm.
    Super7 will end up to be the most expensive in the long run at $45 a piece before tax, s&h.
    NECA's toon TMNT figures from SDCC is more like the last Seasons of the toon (with the red sky). Their new releases are more like the starting seasons with brighter colors.
    The figuarts are really nice and look the closest to the first seasons imo and it's interesting they have die-cast feet for balance.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dcoleman44

Dcoleman44 Well-Known Member

It depends on what you want and afford. I started with S.H. then Neca movie then Neca toons, I have video game and gamestop 90s toy release on pre-order. What do you like? All versions of turtles or just 90s cartoon/toy stuff? Or the newer stuff 2000s to now?

11. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For the best build, materials, and articulation, go for the S.H. Figuarts. For most cartoon accurate, I think it goes to NECA.

12. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I have never collected TMNT in my life but having a set of classic turtles is a want I have for my collection. I'm always classic comic style first since that's where they originate from. I think NECA made classic comic style a while ago but I missed those. Right now, Mega Construx is putting out each Turtle in in the Heroes line so I've got every one they put out so far. Excellent little figures, great price and perfect for someone like me who isn't huge on having too Much TMNT stuff taking up a lot of space. BUT, I also happened to see a 35th Anniversary Playmates set at Walmart for about $45 bucks and that is all four Turtles in classic B&W form so it was a no brainer for me to pick up that set so I'm done with TMNT in one swoop as far as larger action figures. I'll still get any Comic Style Mega Construx they put out.

13. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

For me it's going to he the Batman and the TMNT Gamestop line and the Neca toon/video game line. Thinking about the Super 7 line, but with all the turtle options and at $45 a piece, it is about 90% pass for me at this time.

14. redrum2581

Ebay:
    you can pick up the KO Neca Comic (there are reviews) for about $125 off ebay and personally i can say that my set is good quality, heck prob better than Playmates Classic collection or on par at least

15. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Thanks for the heads up. $125 seems too much for me, especially for KOs. Like I said, I’m not big on TMNT collecting, just nice to have a little something in the collection and I’m covered already. I didn’t even buy any of the B&W MCX figures or sets I saw endlessly on sale a few years ago. Probably should have though, lol.

16. redrum2581

Ebay:
    i went back and looked to see the purchase i did, i got all 4 for $50 so i guess there's deals out there but you'll have to look, mine were:
    "Neca TMNT red bandana"

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  17. Synth

Synth Well-Known Member

Do any of the KOs come with the street dio pieces?
    I got my NECA Mirage TMNT back in the day from Hot Topic in the clamshells which had the street dio pieces and also the sdcc mousers came with a piece as well. I don't think April did. I wouldn't mind adding some extra street pieces to them. It was intended to get more street dio pieces from wave 2 with the footclan who got canceled, and just in recent years released as a sdcc box set but without the dio pieces.
    DSC009411_1234726793.jpg DSC009381_1234726793.jpg DSC009361_1234726793.jpg

18. Synth

Synth Well-Known Member

Can't forget these awesome upcoming NECA main bad guys from the toon; non other than Rocksteady and Bebop! :cool: 
    IMG_5984.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. redrum2581

Ebay:
    No they dont, that would've been cool if they had

I dont like Rocksteady without the turtleshell ach er helmet, beyond that Sheamus looks great, I'll prob grab Bebop though and add him to a diff shelf collection

20. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the Bebop Rocksteady. When will they start hitting shelves?