Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Toys Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Triggerhappy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Not all that is seen is truth. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    A big decision in my choice to sell off my Neca Turtles and switch to S7 (besides my greater fondness for the toys as I didn't watch the tv series or read the comics much as a kid... but the toys were badass regardless so those were bought...) was because my Neca Leo's arm joint just crumbled out of nowhere. Been on the shelf for a couple months at this point as Shredder and Leonardo was the first set I had found back around March/April when they were first trickling out. Went to repose him recently and it was like his elbow joint had turned into dust at some point. Yeah, fuck that. At nearly $55 a box set I expect better QC. At least S7 has proven themselves in that area recently.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yea the standardized refrain is "user error" or "you weren't careful" but I know you're careful with your stuff, especially NECA. Maybe one day they'll have plastic quality that actually matches their excellent sculpting ability but if and when that day finally comes(if ever) is beyond me.

The TMNT toyline from the 80's had really creative designs, that much I'll give Playmates credit for. So I'd love to see Super 7 expand heavily into the non-turtle designs that didn't really appear much in the toon. There were also neat variants I wouldn't mind modern versions of, like Samurai Leo.

• Like Like x 3
  3. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Artist with a Temper

News Credits:
    I really only watch reviews of their stuff, and maybe this is something that isn't even a problem anymore, but I'd like to hope things like the painted weapons just immediately being scraped when putting it into the figure's hand, and kinda the odd hip joints on female figures is something that gets fixed? I don't think their Filmation She-Ra or Sorceress had the latter issues though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

I never understood this response. If someone says, "Yeah, my figure's joints broke," without adding, "but I was being a clumsy motherf$%ker," I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt. Because collectors tend to be some of the most OCD people on the planet. I've seen these kinds of arguments break out with TFs as well, especially on the third-party board.

So if someone's like, "NECA's joints will turn brittle," even though I've never had issues, my first reaction is, "Well, guess I've been lucky...for now."

• Like Like x 3
  5. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

I like how S7 is thinking outside the box. I hope we see Mutagen Man in their collector's line.

• Like Like x 6
  6. GoLion

GoLion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The ankle joints on one of my Foot Soliders is pretty much going through the same thing. It won't stand at all anymore.

Neca, unfortunately, just isn't all that great as far as QC issues are concerned.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yeah. Even the short Ren and Stimpy figures are about that much. Technically the figures are around the 35 dollar mark, but they charge a hefty shipping cost that's around 15 dollars minimum, so for all intent and purposes with resellers, they're 50.

• Like Like x 2
  8. GoLion

GoLion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For an individual figure? I might just get the 4 turtles, then.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BlackHawkOmega

News Credits:
    But unlike the movie turtles these come with a ton of stuff and are made to pre-order, whereas the Neca turtles are available, albeit exclusive, at retail.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Fuggin’ knew it! Looks like about the same timing as last time too. If people want these...or even suspect they might sorta want these...better get those POs in.

Edit: just checked the GS website...no Shredder/Splinter/Foot yet...but they do still have the Turtles in stock at MSRP!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  12. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    920EB956-6A44-485A-9C57-1BE8A1096AB9.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  13. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

14. BlackHawkOmega

News Credits:
    Those are NECA Turtles; the old Mirage comic figures from like, jeez was it 10 years ago already, and the recent cartoon-style ones. The Figuarts Turtles have a much lighter green.

15. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

Thanks,I knew about the retro styled ones..just wasn't sure what the newer style ones were. I'm still looking for a set of modern Turtles,they look really good.

16. BlackHawkOmega

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've been there; the SHFs are easier to find, and probably feel more solid (if any of the more recent posts in this thread are any indication), but the NECA ones have Shredder and a bunch more figures on the way, but they're also near impossible to find. Plus, personally, I like Leo's swords more on the NECA one.

And now there's the Super7 ones coming, and THOSE look really good. I haven't messed with any S7 figures, so I don't know if they're up to snuff, quality-wise (I certainly hope they've moved on from their MOTUC days).

Basically, you've got a lot of options haha

• Like Like x 2
  17. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

I'm warming up to the Super7 Ultimates. I'm going to get the first wave and see how they turn out. Hopefully the packaging is great and I can just leave them on the card, because the articulation looks to be very limited. Technically, they aren't really Classics style as each figure (outside of the 4 turtles) has a unique sculpt and doesn't use anything resembling a MOTU buck (whereas Thundercats, Toxie, and Conan do). Elbow swivels instead of biceps swivels and no ab crunch, but that's the trade-off for bespoke sculpts -- lower parts count. Hopefully they won't be super-shiny from having over-polished molds or chalky paint that rubs off easily like some of their Filmation figures. And hopefully they can pack all those extra accessories in an attractive way and not just jam them all into a baggie stuffed behind the figure's legs. I still don't like the weapons on the sprue tree, though. And I don't like how they sculpted Splinter's (and probably Shredder's) belt. It should be a knot and not that button tab that the toys had. They're ugly and they were always a pain in the ass to re-fasten.

• Like Like x 1
  18. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  19. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I saw that yesterday as well. It’s hard to believe given how unobtanium these things were...aside from the scalpers, that is.

20. BlackHawkOmega

News Credits:
    So Pixel Dan put up his review for the Batman-Mikey, and

I kinda got excited for the TMNT vs Batman figures? I never owned a DC Collectables figure... or a DC figure, really, but I like the look of the Turtles for the most part (Donnie's face is a bit 'eh' but it's no big deal), and Batgirl especially looks good to me, because the Burnside/homemade costume is probably my favorite look for her.

• Like Like x 1