Teenage Fans

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by CryoPrime, Mar 19, 2008.

1. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Ok basiclly my parent just told me they wouldnt support me on Transformers anymore. I have no money. I might try to get a job. But I am going to have to stop collecting. Probably leave the fandom. God damnit I am so fucking depressed. Well buy guys. Stay in touch. Im 15 so work shouldnt be to hard to find.

2. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Im to old but I was around 12 with my first obsession and that was Patrick Roy hockey cards ( my hero) and I saved my monthly money and bought stuff but I was lucky to get some work when I turned 15 with a guy selling hockey cards and videogames. I was never short of money and have never been. I see myself as kinda luckey to have hade that work during my younger late teen years. I still help him sometimes mostly during the summer next to my real work and the extra money is good. My advice for you younger guys is to go around and hutn for some small extra work, maybee give out advertising, grocery /deliveryboy or something. Its a good way even if it is just a couple of hours a week.

But having a gf and 2 fullpaychecks later in life = toys :D 

3. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

Wow, I didn't realize there were so many of us teens here. I'm 15 (almost 16), and have been collecting since I was 10. My friends tease me a bit about my hobby, but they're good enough friends that they don't really care. If I mention transformers they tend to just roll their eyes and make a wise-ass comment. I don't honestly know what people at svhool think about about it, cause I have no idea how "well-known" it is, and because people think I'm a freak anyway (and rightly so). Meh, I don't care.

Oh, and on the topic of hair, I can't stand all the "emo-cuts" that are so popular. Not that I'm much of one to talk about hairstyles-I wear mine back in a ponytail :redface2: 

4. Astrokreep

Astrokreep Member

Dude, I know you are upset over it but you shouldn't leave the fandom over it. You'll eventually be able to support your own TF collection, and until then there's still lots of stuff you can be a part of as a TF fan.

5. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

You don't have to leave the fandom, last time I checked surfing the web and reading up on TFs doesn't cost money.

Why are you depressed? You should take pride in being of an age where you can begin to support yourself and move onto the next stage of your life from Child to Young Adult. It means getting a job and paying for your own car and college.

Sacrificing 5-8 years of TF collecting to get through high school and College and able to support yourself is a small price to pay... and those TFs will be there waiting for you when you are a full-fledged adult.

6. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    Im 18 but i've been a big fan for quite a while. I grew up with Beasties and its what essentially got me into Transformers......when i saw these weird 'blocky' looking robots near the end of BW season 2 i did some reasearch and uncoverd Generation 1. I've been hooked since :p 

Truthfully i wasnt really ashamed so much as i was 'shy' about it; because i was really into transformers but it isnt a particularily good topic when trying to be social (especially around girls)

Now that im done highschool and am in college for art i really dont care what people think about my interest. Im comfortable talking about transformers openly since the majority of students there all respect it completely (everyones seen the movie or watched the cartoons and arent ashamed to say so) :D 

7. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Learn something new every day. Didn't realize you were THAT young. At least with DN and onesock, I had a general idea! And now I feel old, bah.

It's hilarious but neat that many of you actually have much larger TF collections than me. :)  Sure, I've pruned the collection down a lot, and have other interests, but still. More power to you crazy kids, or something.

8. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Yeah, I don't think I said but I'm 17, and I'll be 18 in Aug.

9. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Well I am going to try not, to leave but I really wont have the time, I dont have to worry about a car or a house, my grandpa is giving me his. The only real piss off, is animated is coming out soon. Im going to try to get a job at the new gamestop that just opened, dont know if they will let a 15 year old work there. I hope for the best. Its know hiring im going down about friday. Damnit I have emo hair.............. Silver emo hair or white it depends on how the light hits.

10. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Dirty emo hair. lol

11. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Well, I happen to be a very lucky boy indeed. My mom gave me 20 bucks yesterday to pick up Offroad Ironhide, and I feel very happy right now. I've been collecting lots of stuff since I was like... 2. But Transformers tops them all as collecting stuff "worth value".

My mom dosen't know heap loads about TF's like I do, but she still supports me collecting them. Even though she dosen't understand why I like collecting them, but TF's have a huge appeal to me.

I'm also getting a job within a few months, but I'm also considering using my money to date more frequently. But guys, what's should be my choice? Should I use my earned cash to date more frequently, or should I just save my money's worth and buy heap loads of Transformers figures? Your opinion plz. :D 

12. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Any issues with Offroad Ironhide? I've been thinking more and more about picking him up b/c of his similarity to G2 Motormouth...
    DN

13. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    I actually like him. Though he's very complicated, he's the most fun I've had with a TF movie figure for a while now. He's worth a purchase.

Btw, look at my previous post, and give me your opinion in the last column.

14. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    I collected since I was little, though I didn't buy anything much until recently as of now.

Meh. When people gave me hell about my Transformers collecting, I just got a big group of friends with me and we moshed the punkasses to death at school. Play some metal music here and there, give a little punch, kick, push and shove, and there.

15. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    You guys are lucky. Where i live you have to be about 18 for them to even think about geting you a job. If your 15 no way in hell, 16 probably not, 17 mabey, 18 yes

16. Razorbeast

Razorbeast With Love and Squalor

Alot of my friends didn't really get my whole Transformers fanaticism, but to be honest they were interested in things a whole lot stranger than TFs lol.

I want to get a job soon, but my are fairly supportive of my collecting.

My entirely geek nature I get from my dad who was a big time Marvel/DC/Mcfarlane figure collector. So whenever I buy a figure and open it we critique it and usually he likes them more than I do :p 
    He's also the reason I'm a big time Marvel reader, we usually go comic shopping on weekends and buy and read stuff together. My Dad rules :D 

17. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Man I wish my dad would do that lol. I have a new girlfriend the rule is she likes anime I like transformers we dont bitch we are happy. Lol she has pink and purple hair.....

18. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    I'm 16, and my first TF was the Movie redeco of Signal Flare.

Yes. My first TF was blah. Hey, I'm on a budget!

I remember getting a box of four insect-transforming robots for my birthday one year, but I don't think we have had dragonfly transformers yet. The only one I can still find is a bee. I've had others, but they've been knockoffs (including something that can only be referred to as 'Giant Fake Starscream'). The only 'real' ones I have are Signal Flare and Movie Air Raid.

Considering that by the time Animated comes out, I should be getting ten dollars a week for pocket money (plus probably a bit of cash from jobs or something), I could go and buy a bunch of them. So far, the only definites are all the Dinobots, because I love dinosaurs, which makes me a little upset that I wasn't a fan during BW, because of all the characters who had prehistoric animals for alt modes-I would KILL for a Dinobot toy.

Sometimes I feel guilty that I'm 16 and spend my pocket money (and plan to) on toys, specially since they're so damn expensive here.

Oh yes, and I love Animated, and not just for the Dinobots. It's just so damn fantastic.

19. Autobot Jazz Pr

Autobot Jazz Pr Well-Known Member

Hello! I am 16 . I from Ukraine(it's in Europe). Become TransFormers
    Fan in 5 years when I first watched Masterforce and Victory, but start collecting toys only this year.

20. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Picking one or the other would be bad, find a balance, don't just pick up every TF you see , then you'll have money for girls too.