Teen Titans Go The Movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Sep 25, 2017.

1. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    TeamFourStar working on it for one. And before anybody asks, yes. It would be full to the brim with DBZA Mashups & Spawning a number of Internet memes. Where you will have KaiserNeko, Takahata101 & Lanipator voicing a few DC Characters outside of the JLA's Cameo in DBZA.

• Like Like x 1
  2. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    As an installment of the DC extended universe, this trainwreck makes perfect sense.

3. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    100% better than the Emoji Movie I can tell you that!

• Like Like x 1
  4. GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet Well-Known Member

Except it didn't. Justice League Unlimited aired alongside it and even got an extra season in.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am just looking forward to the day this abomination DIES and we can go back to proper, written for intelligent audiences DC cartoons. Like the we had when we were kids/young adults. Until then, I will get by waiting for Young Justice S3.

• Like Like x 1
  6. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    And don't forget a Dragon Ball Z influenced Justice League animated series as well.

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Heaven forbid there be any variety. Let's make everything super serious just the way you like it.

F that. Teen Titans Go is a great series. Do I like it more than Young Justice? HAHahahahAHha hell no. But I like living in a world where I can have both.

WB took the "serious" TT cartoon as far as they could take it. It's fine to have another iteration. This show is a huge hit with little kids, and it's okay to have a cartoon be for little kids once in a while. Not everything has to be for arrested development angry adults.

And can we please shut up about Team Four Star? So sick of hearing about them. Yes, yes, they're so cool and should do the voices for everything everywhere. :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 3
  8. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    How will this work? Like Teen Titans Go is done as a sort of five to seven minute bumper cartoon who's primary stated goal is being funny - its not my bag but whatever - so how do they plan to stretch that concept into a film?

9. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only in the Bizarro universe would that be true.

There is a difference. Rescue Bots is not made for me as well - I am a Transformers fan and I suffered through shows like Armada, Prime, even the Headmasters anime (with Star dub!) just because they were TF toons. But I could not watch more than a few episodes of Rescue Bots, unlike stuff like MLP-FiM it is not something most adults can enjoy as it is too boring and the conflicts and morals are forced. (I have the same issues with the Lion Guard). But hey - I am not affected by not watching it since apart from Blurr showing up for 2 episodes and a rather nice RID Blurr toy, this did not affect me at all.

Now imagine though, if Rescue Bots actively had plots that would make FUN out of RID and Prime and adult fans of those shows... like, a whole episode focused on why their show is so much better because it does not have Decepticons or battles, making fun of Megatron and Starscream and portraying them as boring people who sit around and do nothing.
    TTG is like that. I stopped watching it a long time ago, but every now and then I catch an episode by accident on TV, and one was making fun out of the fans of the old show wanting a return for the old days by making a clown into a grimdark Frank Miller character, and another had the titans fight ALL their classic enemies in an arena, only for the ending stinger to be them confirming that despite such a thing increasing ratings, they would NOT do this and prefer to sit around at home not doing any superhero stuff. It even had the audacity to show Slade at the last second before cutting to credits.

So yeah, TTG deserves the hate, because its creators actively HATE the old show and its fans. And I wonder... what was the point of making this a Teen Titans show when the characters do not have a shred of their original personalities? They could have made this... I dunno, West Coast Avengers or The League of Auxiliary Heroes, and used characters like Dinah Soar and Arms-Fall-Off Boy, and make them the same idiotic characters as the titans are now. The kiddies would still like it, since they did not come here for a sequel, and nobody from the old DC fans would have minded it.

To me Four Star means those really interesting G1 knockoff-variants like winged dragon Sludge (that I luckily snagged some years ago) and "Hard Hat" Devastator. I have no idea who these people you mention are, either, those sound like forum usernames.

I have no idea what you are referring to... Justice League had an anime version?

There can be variety if it is GOOD. I never much cared for Brave and Bold until season 3 but it was funny AND well written. TTG isn't, unless you consider a whole episode centered on Robin creeping on Raven's legs or Beast Boy and Cyborg ruining the future of their friends "funny", in which case... my condolescences for your sense of humor.

Justice League Action is a perfect mix of humor and action, my only gripe about it is that the 11 minute episodes are often too short. That show can be enjoyed by kids and adults too. And you are still missing the point - if they wanted a show for little kids, they could have made such a show about ANY team - even another team of Titans, heaven knows there have been many. They went out of their way to make this a sequel to an existing show, and totally changed the style to a parody. That's like if the next Alien movie would be a raunchy sex comedy.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2017
  10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Having talked to a couple of the show's creators, one in person, I can tell you that is complete bullshit. Or maybe just delusion. Maybe someone will sue you for libel. Although how they will find you in the fantasy world you live in to serve you the papers, I have no idea.

• Like Like x 2
  11. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh I see, you are some form of internet troll. Thanks for making it so clear that you are only fit for people's blocklists.

12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Who's the one full of hate who only comes into a thread to shit on the subject and the fans? Oh, and invent lies about the creators?

That's you, bud.

• Like Like x 3
  13. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Yeah. I know the VAs certainly don't hate the old show, and certainly not the fans of it, but I'm sure they do wish some of the hardcore angry fans, would just unclench.

Actually, you need to dial-back on this shit. I don't know what's going on with you, but I'm noticing a pattern with your recent posts...

• Like Like x 1
  14. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I wonder who the Titans are going to face in this.

And I doubt they can keep it fun and comedic throughout, they're going to have to step up and get serious on this film.

15. Fallout

Fallout you finally met your nemesis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    so what i'm gathering in this thread is that grown men are mad about a children's cartoon again?

16. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    It would have to be another Deathstroke voiced by Peter Cullen.

17. GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet Well-Known Member

Except for the fact that nearly all of DC's current animated products are lighthearted or comedy-driven. Right now, Young Justice and the animated DVD movies are the only exceptions. We once lived in a time where stuff like YJ, Green Lantern, and Beware the Batman could co-exist, with the DC Nation shorts providing more experimental or comedic content.

It's not to say that the current tone is bad. I'm enjoying JLA a lot, and that is pretty light-hearted. But there's really not much variety right now in DC Animation content.

It's only a hit because CN kept spamming reruns of it from the moment it premiered. They gave it plenty of chances to succeed compared to, say, Beware the Batman. It's almost like CN should've put more effort to put more successful DC shows out there, instead of playing favorites.

• Like Like x 2
  18. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Replace "grown men" with "people" and "mad" with "voicing their opinions" and yeah, you're pretty spot on

• Like Like x 2
  19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I have to wonder if the reason why this is being made because they know that despite the outrage over the news people will go see it anyway to rip it a new one thus gaining money from them like what happened to the Emjoi Movie this year.

20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Or maybe kids just like it. And are you REALLY going to complain that something else has a chance to succeed over yet another Batman series????

Here's my experience with Teen Titans Go: I have two elementary school-age nephews. Both of them LOVE this show. They laugh at the show, they quote the show with their friends, who also watch the show. Both of them are constantly (and I mean ceaselessly) drawing and redrawing the characters. And, best part, they now buy, read and enjoy the comic book series. Prior to this, not only did neither of them have any interest in comics (or comics characters in general, including other cartoon series), despite my trying to expose them to comics on numerous occasions... but their mother, my sister, has an irrational hatred of comic books (since we were kids) and has done everything in her power to keep comics out of her house. Well, the Teen Titans Go cartoon did an end run around that which she was powerless to prevent. It also got the younger boy interested in reading (which I knew would happen), so my sister has softened on comics. Everybody wins. So I love this cartoon, and will always love it. The fact that it's often hilarious is gravy.

• Like Like x 2