Teen Titans Go The Movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Sep 25, 2017.

1. ShinGi

ShinGi Well-Known Member

LMAO this is the 4th highest rated DC movie on Rotten Tomatoes after the Dark Knight, Superman 1978 and Wonder Woman

EDIT: Shares its 4th place with the Lego Batman movie( same rating of 90)

• Like Like x 1
  2. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    You left out the Lego Batman Movie.

3. ShinGi

ShinGi Well-Known Member

Still I dont think anybody expected this to have such good reviews, pretty much every reviewer that Ive watched liked this

4. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    It's something I like to call "The Reverse Emoji Movie Effect". Last year, critics hated the Emoji movie, now a year later. Critics loved this now, and at the time Emoji is around it's anniversary.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ninjanicktf

Ninjanicktf Mushroom Samba

The surprisingly positive reviews of the movie changed my interest from "pass" to "generally curious"

• Like Like x 1
  6. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    My advice, save your money for Into the Spider-Verse.

7. ShinGi

ShinGi Well-Known Member

Tara Strong did say that if this ends up being succesfull we might see season 6 of the original show

8. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    I know, but if i'm gonna be honestly frank. The original show doesn't hold up, and TTGO was made cause they want a comedic slice of life spin-off cause of how well received the DC Nation shorts that Cartoon Network aired were.

And I prefer the Justice League over the Titans. Young Justice is a Prime example on how to do Teen Superheroes with the JLA.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Or maybe it's just a good movie.

10. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    No let him speak, I want to know how long this very funny bit will go on for.

• Like Like x 1
  11. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Well that but still, there was a lot of sayings that this movie would become 2018's answer to the Emoji Movie when the first trailer came out. But the second trailer turned the opposite side.

And the freaky part more when it comes to both movies, James Corden is in both Emoji & TTGO movies.

It's over.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  12. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Well I’m indeed quite surprised this got such positive reviews. I think there’s been so much bad blood between the creators and the old fans that we forget the general audience... well, doesn’t share it. I dunno. The show is still crap. Cool that people liked the movie. If this does well, let’s see if Tara Strong was for real about us getting a season 6.

Which doesn’t seem that contrived honestly, considering we’ve gotten a revival of the fucking Clone Wars of all things.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And young justice.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    Fuck it, I'll see this movie a dozen times if it means getting the original Titans back. Congrats WB, you've successfully blackmailed me.

(Doesn't come out here for another month tho)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

I saw the Teen Titans Go to the Movies. It's actually really good. It does do a lot of jabs at DC, and Marvel. Along with jabs at internet download services. It has some great songs in it. That inspirational song is high as fuck. Unicorns, rainbows, and even what could only be Care Bears.

I only seen a little bit of the series, but if this whole series is like this, than I can see why it's a successful show. It is really fun, funny, and heartwarming too.

Slade was fairly awesome. Nick Cage, the whole reason why I went to see the film, was decent. The action scenes were pretty cool. The time traveling super friends plot plan scene was really cool, and funny. Especially when they go to undo it all.

But, the success of this movie is really the voice actors who play the Titans. Who do a marvelous job playing these characters. Even all this time later. This is a great film. I highly recommend it. The praise it is getting is well deserved. 9/10 is what I rate it too. Fantastic job all around. Even the "cheaper" animation felt fresh, and really fluid. The animation in this film is really good. It is refreshing to see this sort of animation on the big screen. With the dominance of all the 3D stuff out there.

A great film indeed.

Also the Batgirl/super hero girl short at the beginning was a lot of fun too. It's basically the same style of humor as Teen Titans Go. It did get me wanting to see more of that show.

• Like Like x 2
  16. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

Brad gave it a good review. Says it has dark jokes, reminds him of Powerpuff girls, and feels like a mcu parody.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dolza_Khyron

That does seem pretty accurate. It is very much on par with any of the 90's Cartoon Network cartoons. It's not as creative as something like the Powerpuff Girls, but that is only because they are using existing characters, and not their own. But the jokes are creative. Even down to making fun of Aquaman. And, how all the movies are all Batman. Everything Batman. It sure does make fun of that.

It is the same kind of writing and jokes you'd find from the Powerpuff Girls, or Dexter's Lab. It's the same kind of writing.

18. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    According to the Wiki, Stan Lee is in this. Interesting that he'd get a role in a DC production.

And so is Shia laBeouf!

19. Dolza_Khyron

Stan Lee is in it. He makes two very short cameos. The first one is him waving to the camera, until he is told by an aid that it is a DC movie, and says he best "get out of here!" The second one is him coming back and saying, "I don't care if it is a DC, I love cameos!!!"

laBeouf is in it, but is not voiced by laBeouf. Like, family guy. He's dressed as Slade, who they beat up, until they realize it was just an actor playing Slade. And, they beat him up harder once they hear that he is laBeouf. James Arnold Taylor plays laBeouf.

The strength of this film, is the really awesome voice cast. Sure there are some celebrities cast into the film. But they are mostly just playing small cameo parts. But the main cast itself, are all actual voice actors.

Tara Strong, John DiMaggio (who also does an amazing job as Mr. Freeze in the Batgirl short. Just quoting lines from Batman and Robin. It was quite awesome), Tom Kenny, David Kaye, and many, many more. Unlike most modern animated films, the voice actors are the stars in this one.

And that is the true strength of this film. Which is why it deserves all the praise it is getting. For the wonderful talented cast, fantastic writing, and actually quite wonderful animation.

• Like Like x 3
  20. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Actually from what I read about that short, Mr. Freeze if voiced by Discord himself. John De Lancie.