TCP-001A Custom City Commander custom parts By SGCollect

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jrxcombinetrain, Feb 12, 2009.

1. siekone

siekone TeletranX

News Credits:
    Ok, so I have read this and looked at it a LOT, so much I shit myself laughing. So if anyone is interested I'm only charging $30 for my molded feces. that includes shipping :)  PM me!

2. Zoot

Zoot Well-Known Member

I too e-mailed David explaing that I had seen a final production piece as posted here and that I would be expecting to see some kind of compensation or return for my money back on the two kits I ordered (one for me and one for a friend).

He literally responded within 15 minutes and here's his exact response copied and pasted from the e-mail:

"thanks for the feedback. I am in the midst of discussion with the
    molding company. please be patient. I have actually sent all the
    orders this week..so i'd see how I can resolve all these. please do
    let the members know that these are made of resin. and I did instruct
    them on ensuring the molds are replaced if they degrade..apparently
    they decided to cut corners. as a collector I am not here to cause
    dissapointment for others. the trust is important. do note the black
    ones are exactly as in the picture..that is the final kit with two
    faces."

So David is doing the right thing here and working towards fixing the situation. I for one am going to sit back and give him some time to find a resolution. As others have said in this thread David is very FAST at responding to e-mails so his communication is excellent.

Also note that the "black ones" he refers to at the end of his e-mail are the Nemesis kits they are also selling. I told him in my e-mail that I was not pleased that the production kits don't look like the prototype. He's talking about the picture he sent to me of the Nemesis Kit being the final run.

3. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    If he sent these out this week, why didn't he look at them before he sent them?

4. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

the head... EPIC FAIL!!! wtf???

5. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

that thing sucks balls. the head looks like the mold leaked as was setting or something and then painted with way to thick or old and clumped (kinda looks like my first attmept at a custom lol). I can't believe the only paint ap is te crest which is blue as well. as for the rifle I looks to small and seem abit "cut short" at the end of it. as for the missle, there ok but I wouln't buy this set for them. I'd more likely get junker g1 ones or somethink and find away to attach them.

6. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Just received this:

"Hi fellow collectors,

I've received feedback on the quality of the TCP-001A. Firstly, I would like to apologies to all those who participated in this Mass Order. I believe this to be a batch problem within the 150 that was sent out.

I had discussed this with the supplier and his employee who was doing the casting of the prototype, and apparently the employee didn't follow my Quality Control advice and had also put in some pieces from a defective mold; which I had already rejected - the main part being the face mask - as some of the pieces showed Magnus having a "smile" aka Joker. Thus when I did a sample check, the problem still persisted and we didn't detect it. So much for outsourced work.

So to resolve the issue, this is what I propose - as all the sets have been sent out. Note that this is valid for those who purchased directly from me. As for those who purchased in a group order, please ask the individual party to contact me via my email [email protected], and I'd settle as per this mechanism.

For those with defective "helmets" and face masks - aka Joker type faces, I'd need you to send me a picture of the fault. Sorry to be anal about this.

Then what my caster has promised is after completing the Black versions - which do not have the problem, they will provide me with replacement heads + masks to replace those faulty pieces.

The arrangement is this.
    1. Email me your picture. "TITLE City commander RMA"
    2. I'd put you in for the replacement.
    3. I will mail you the replacement head - which est is Mid march ie. after the Nemesis versions are settled.

You would not need to mail me the faulty head, as I believe it's only fair to fellow collectors given it's a product problem that no further cost be incurred by the buyer.

Moving forward, for those who are in this list, if you do participate in future Mass Orders from myself, I'd offer a one off special rebate off the next item.
    For the black Nemesis versions - there would be a 5SGD rebate off the price itself. For other newer products, I'd work something out.

If you have any issues, feel free to email me.

Sincerely

David"

It's nice that he's addressing this, but unfortunately it is far short of what needs to be done. It really stinks as the solution only affects the face plate which is only part of the problem; the rest of the helmet is horrible as well. (Particularly the two antenna.) This is a disaster all the way around and I don't see how anyone would ever order from them again.

A complete refund is in order. This is ridiculous to have to wait until mid-March for them to correct something, and only remedy a portion of the issue with their promised product.

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I think I'd have prefered new mold launchers for the set - the original launchers or the reissue long missile sort seem a bit wrong to me.

I also wonder about other things they don't show, or I think on :

1) Can Classic Ultra Magnus' (standard white) robot mode hold the gun the other way up ?

2) Can the new gun be stored on the back of his shoulder, or inside the truck's trailer in vehicle mode ?.

3) Do the launcher fit well in vehicle mode - or at all ?

4) - Why is the head so small and sits so high up?

---

The other thought I have is why doesn't anyone make sets to complement the E-hobby Clear Optimus or the Botcon Shattered Glass Optimus Prime so far ?

I'd love a G1ish Trailer for the Botcon Prime - perhaps in Motormaster like deco. or even a full Transformable 'Commander' trailer for him that is colored like Menasor as much as possible mainly in grey that you can put Evil Optimus inside of or have him haul.

I'm surprised that I've not heard any hint of an Accessory set for Shattered Glass Optimus so far.

The other thought I had was the Gears of War set, It is only made in one color - so the Launchers match Sideswipe and Sunstreaker/Mirage but there's a Red Alert and repaint Mirage comming out too - so different launchers for them would be nice. Also if they had the option of grey or silver for the ladder or even white like the original G1 toy had it would be a nice additional way to differentiate the Henkei and the Universe Infernos from each other.

Perhaps they might consider a 2nd run in slightly different colors after a while ? or consider selling the Ladder or launchers individually in different colors - I don't have any need for more than one Autoscout.

8. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

Hell yea this "upgrade" sucks, but if you look close in this pic, what we are seeing shipped looks pretty much like what was previewed before it was shipped...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. ROY BOT

ROY BOT Boosh!

This thing is awesome, where do I get one!?

Just kidding, I was waiting for the one idiot to say something like this and no one did so I had to post it.

I think the head sculpt looks pretty close to the orignal picture myself though. You pretty much got the same piece of crap you ordered. I cant wait now to see what the "non-defective" sculpt looks like. haahaha. I think this guys going back to the drawing board. I would do anything I could now to just get my money back at this point.

This thread is hillarious, I think this shitty head sculpt is epic in the fact that it cost so much and and turned out to be so bad.

10. Autobot_Lancer

Autobot_Lancer Just call it Smokescreen

are there any pics of the nemesis prime upgrade parts, i just ordered my Shadow commander trailer and would be interested in this upgrade for him. Sorry to go off topic

11. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    And people actually paid money for these? Wow. I gotta say, if you were dumb enough to buy one, you deserve to be taken, especially at that price...what was it, $70-something? Yeah, you're high.

12. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great both of you got responses, I still haven't had one back.

How about you read the rest of the thread and find out actually how much people paid for the kit?

BTW it really pisses me off seeing a fellow transfan telling others that they deserve to be taken, or calling others "dumb" while he doesn't even know what he's writing about.

13. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pls have some empathy on the plight of others. :wink: 

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    That would involve effort. Not to mention not being an idiot or a troll.

15. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They look bad but, at least he is going to replace the faces. PR is a huge part of a company and it seems he knows that.

16. TM2 D-bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got an email from David:

17. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I knda wish the rifle wasnt upside down like that. Rather CC could hold it like G1UM in trailor.

[​IMG]

18. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    It also sucks that the antennas are no longer painted.

19. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Its great and all he is willing to replace them but sorry I'm not waiting for him to do a production run of another product then come back and fix a mistake. I'm still going for a full refund I'm disgusted at the quality

20. TM2 D-bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They were shipped out already, so it would be more expensive for me to ship it back and ask for the refund than to just wait for the new head. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since other members I've spoken to have stood behind him.

Besides at least I didn't pay the ridiculous Ebay price.