TCC Figure Subscription Service Tarantulas Promo

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Autobot City Comics 2008, Sep 11, 2014.

1. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    I NEVER would have thought of that, but you make very good points. I think that'd work. Hell, they'd barely have to change his colors. lol

2. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I don't hate it...I just don't feel compelled to own it. Great for those who do, but it's just not one for me...Still in for Krok and Zap but that's likely all...

3. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Yeah, I've got quite a few versions of the mould as well as having had a few more before trading...never had that issue...count myself as lucky as well...

4. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    As the reveals keep coming, I'm becoming more hesitant. Last year I jumped, this year, I just don't know. I like Krok and Nacelle, and I'm going to want G2 Starscream for my Starscream collection.

Zap, Tarantulus, and SerpentOR just don't work for me. It's not that I have no interest in those characters, they just don't work for me as a collector. I simply just don't want them.

Hell, if someone wanted to split the set I'd go for it. Either that or wait for them to be available in the club store like the others.

5. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This could just as easily be TFCC Steamhammer. Or Bonecrusher. Or Dirtboss. Or any other purple and green Decepticon.

6. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    Damn... what happened to all the paint apps that we saw at BotCon on Tarantulas and his Microns?
    It doesn't look as much like Tarantulas in robot mode anymore.

[​IMG]

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, people sure turned on this figure. I don't think it's nearly as bad as all that. Though I am severely missing the paint apps from the concept mockup.

Still, considering that he isn't SUPPOSED to have overt beast kibble yet, it's a pretty inspired matchup. The motorcycle is his Transmetal third mode. He has a pinwheel-themed weapon like his Transmetal self. His head looks like his mutant head with sharper edges and no spider mandibles. The broad purple chest with green details looks like the original show model's chest. And he comes with his minions for the first time ever.

It's definitely an exclusive type thing, but it's pretty neat, and one of the better of 3.0 to me.

8. TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon Garbage Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Someone on the boards actually made a custom like that. Let me see if I can find it.

EDIT2: Oops, misread it as Cybertron Brakedown. My bad!

EDIT: Here.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/982323-cybertron-mode-terrorsaur-tarantulas.html?highlight=Tarantulas

9. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    Oh, I agree, it's more accurate to the show for his non-transmetal self to have an unadorned purple chest... but I think without adding some sort of very distinct symmetrical details to his deco I don't really think of him as spider-like. I consider spiders to be very symmetrical, so I think the "eyes" deco would help bridge that gap for me.

I could see it both ways. I'll probably be painting the eyes myself if the deco doesn't change before release.

10. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    I like this as Sideways way more. Maybe I'll keep him and just call him Sideways.

To Sell Toys.

i am also not a fan of this mold. Sold my SG Junkions awhile ago and don't touch Wreck-Gar or Junk Heap for fear of them crumbling.

AWESOME! Pete, do this. Please.

id love that Terrorsaur idea!

tarantulas was a motorcycle at one point. This isn't really forced.

yes! I dig this too and that mold is fun.

11. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    Waiting a year and using Chromia might have been interesting especially in his transmetal colors. Maybe we can get a Blackarachnia from Chromia in black and gold.

This is actually one of two that I want from this set. This and Serpentor. BBTS prices seem a bit steep though especially compared to 2.0.

12. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Well three figures from this batch was going to make me consider getting a membership... Nacelle, looks nice, I like. Tarantulus, yeah no... not spidery enough for me. So now where's Serpent O.R.?

13. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    And FP definitely took that junkion mold where it should not have gone.....to the beast wars land of FAIL.

14. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can definitely see that being a thing...

As for Tarantulas... nope.

I'm guessing Krok is THE big reason for the TFSS 3.0 subscription for many... or the Seekers. Again I ask, how has that mold survived so long???

15. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

This is how the figure should look honestly. I actually feel like the mold works since as mentioned he was a bike in Transmetal form and he his weapon actually had a saw blade which the axe kind of approximates well (and actually the chest guns sort of approtximate the way he fired out of his shoulders as a transmetal). The more I look at the mold the more I feel it actually fits and is quite clever. The problem is these colors; even the original reveal fit better and Matt's edit just looks steller. As is however it really doesn't scream Tarantulus which is sad because I truly feel like it COULD, especially with those well used Arms Microns.
    So far the Seekers are my prime targets out of this subscription are the seekers (though Krok looks beautiful and I know nothing of the character).

16. Markdelg

Markdelg Spin Road fan

News Credits:

Plus the fact that Tarantulas as seen in the Dawn of Future's Past comic has the same pose as Dirt Boss's cardart, which it was clearly influenced by.

17. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    that's because BBTS is learning...they are not making a profit when they have to cut the dud figures down into the 30 to 40 range to clearance them out....that is why there is higher costs on each figure now...they are making sure they don't lose their ass on the low demand figures like they did before...

18. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I like it. Tarantulas is not in my wheelhouse, but I like the mold, and if I can fund a sub (too much stuff hitting all at once), it will be the leader of my SG Junkions.

19. Prime Aspect

Prime Aspect Visual Synthesis Engineer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since I don't care at all for Tarantulas (or any BW character) and I like the mold, it's an easy win for me. Maybe if these end up selling for cheap on eBay, I can pick up a whole pack. :) 

20. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    a red sideways with a different head would make an excellent terrorsaur.