TCC Figure Subscription Service Tarantulas Promo

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Autobot City Comics 2008, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    Agreed. I can SEE what they were going for here. It's so close to being interesting... but it just falls SO freaking flat.

It needs a new head and new colors, and that's just the start. Frankly, the mold just doesn't work for Tarantulas. And I actually LOVE THE HELL out of this mold.

Frankly, if they wanted to do a Beast Wars pre-Earth dude, I think Terrorsaur as FOC Starscream would have been amazing. As it stands, I can't think of any current molds that really would have worked for Tarantulas.

...except maybe Whirl. That would have been interesting (even though he wouldn't be a bike, but whatever).

2. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    Okay, THAT actually looks INFINITELY better. Like, I could actually see that as Tarantulas.

Someone at Hasbro, look at this man's post. DO THIS.

3. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    See, I would have talked about the mold first. This mold is so non-Tarantulas that I don't think any amount of new head and colors (actually, the colors are fine) would make a bit of difference.

Following up on my previous comment about how many re-molds are in this set, I should also note that last year's three new heads came at the same time as they dropped the size of one figure from whatever-Ultra-Mammoth would be under today's system to a scout (well, two scouts, I guess). Even by reducing the price of the whole set as they did, I imagine they felt the need to add an extra head mold to TFSS 2.0 to compensate.

For this year, they're back to a (more or less) status quo, with inflation still an ever-present bear. I imagine going back to just two head remolds (and having the 7th figure be a non-reuse of one of the other 6-ish molds... yeah Nacelle and G2 Starscream share quite a bit) was needed to keep the cost of the whole set under $300.

4. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I do think that if they did actually use "Legacy of Unicron" and the Junkion story there as back-story for Tarantulas, it could negate a lot of my current complaints about this mold choice.

5. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Wow... much better, MUCH better, but still not completely feeling it.

6. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Yeesh. I wouldn't pay the $10-15 that this toy should cost. I like the 2 little critters that I'm assuming this turd comes with, but not enough to try and justify the non-member pricing for this "tarantulas". An absurd mold choice for an awesome character. It's a shame, really. Tarantulas deserves better than this.

7. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    That looks alot better...I don't see a whole lot wrong with the head sculpt or mold choice...if I had a Pre- or Post- Beast Wars collection I'd be fine with this as my Tarantulas...as I hace no Beast related collection this'll either be sold or re-purposed as a generic Junkion...TFCC should give him an alternate bio just for those that may re-purpose him...

8. Joyraid

Joyraid Member

Everyone's already mentioned the color problems and the need for a new head, but nobody's addressed the elephant in the living room yet...

Does this mold still have breakage issues? I've got a wreck-gar with a busted leg, and that pissed me off. And that's a toy I got at a discount sotre for less than normal retail. For the cost of the FSS, that sort of thing should be flat-out unacceptable, and molds prone to it should be avoided.

9. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Given the only one that had the problem was the original US WreckGar and that every issue of the figure since hasn't had the problem I would bet this one is safe.

10. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Weird, I own like 10 or so of this mold and never had this issue luckily.

11. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I think it looks great. The photoshopped eyes are fun. Hey Pete, use that. :)  I really think the mandibles are fun.

12. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

If they really wanted to use the Junkion mold, why not make it someone who is at least supposed to be a motorcycle? Like Armada Sideways, who's already a popular character. Or even Armada High Wire, just for fun. Both of those fit better and would be more interesting than this incredibly forced Tarantulas.

13. gothsaurus

gothsaurus Evil Overlord of Doom

Ebay:
    Getting some little sticky black "jewels" at the hobby store to stick on his waist (as eyes) will help a lot to make this guy look like Tarantulas. Heh.

14. Richform4

Richform4 Trans and MLP fan =D

I'll defiantly get that and only that one from the SS 3.0. :D 

15. Kenchanayoh

Kenchanayoh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would have been a great motorbike for the upcoming marissa faireborn. Oh what could have been...

16. Technostorm98

Technostorm98 Plastic Collector

While I REALLY want a Generations Tarantulas, this isn't what I had in mind. Oh TFCC, why did you make the SS 3.0 so meh?

It's not for me, but I appreciate your spin on these characters.

17. sh002

sh002 Banned

Horrible.

18. insaniac24

insaniac24 New Member

He's a motorbike in reference to the spiderbike mode he got as a Transmetal. Definitely should release with the "eyes" though...

19. zandergb

zandergb Well-Known Member

I'll copy what I said over in the WTF@TFW 320 thread about this:

While being aware of the various reasons why they wouldn't use it, I think the perfect pre-Earth Tarantulas would be made from Cybertron Dirt Boss.
    - The wheels provide the vague body shape of the spider legs in both modes
    - The "speedy" key-activated vehicle mode is wide and low to the ground like a spider
    - He's got shoulder weapons like Tarantulas's Transmetal form
    - It matches the rest of the '06 pre-Earth stuff, which I'm sure more people care about than the recent alternate universe BW story

20. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Wow....that makes me glad that I'm not buying anymore. That's TERRIBLE! I'm a BW fan, and still think it's just awful.