TCC 2015 Exclusive Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Autobot City Comics 2008, Aug 14, 2014.

1. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I definitely get the "if it doesn't transform, I don't want it" mindset. I just don't see how one jumps from "doesn't transform" to "therefore, Joe."

2. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    I think the fact that it will be a figure in the style and scale of Joe might inform that opinion.

3. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Well Hasbro released 3 years in a row SDCC Transformers/Joe exclusives in this format, human figure(s) + non-transforming vehicle(s). Sold out almost instantly every time.

It's not like this never happened before. Just saying cuz some sure act like it.

4. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    She has her fans, and this release is a no brainer because it can appeal to both the Transformers and the G.I. Joe fan clubs. And many will buy this just because it's still fairly unique to have crossovers between the two outside of a comic book.

5. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    Hey, you know why I joined the Transformers Collector's Club? Transformers. There's nothing transforming here. Slap a Transformer in there and you've got a Transformers product. Otherwise it's just a repainted Joe set.

6. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    well then it's a good thing you dont HAVE to buy it. since its not the free club figure you have no reason to spend money on it. in fact you can stay enrolled in a club and not buy it.

boy some people are taking this seriously. she IS a big character in the transformers. she's been in comics she's been on the show. id think people would actually want this figure. im actually more excited in this than i am lio convoy.

7. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I'll pass on this I think, fun idea but not for me.

8. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    As I said, that applies to practically ALL human-style action figures. That scale is absurdly common.

9. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Because it's also being made by the same people who make GI Joe exclusives? Idk, I see plenty of easy reasoning as to why it feels like a Joe exclusive. Not seeing it as a good or bad thing either.

10. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    You're being obtuse on purpose. Please don't presume to tell me how to spend or not spend my money. My point is legitimate. I have no problem with the Marissa. Marissa that comes with a GI Joe accessory? Nope. Throw a Transformer in with her and it's a Transformers release. Otherwise it's just a repainted GI Joe set. That has no place in the TFCC. If I wanted to buy repainted GI Joes I'd join the club for that. I don't mind crossovers when it makes sense. This, to an extent, does. Without a Transformer though, no.

11. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    I don't know, it just seems like people are screaming "Joe" as if somehow Brian and Pete got confused. I'm confident that's not the case.

It's a human figure. If that's not for you, fine. But let's not pit the fandoms against each other.

12. Mudslide

Mudslide Grieving Son

Wow, I knew it would be disappointing. I didn't think it would be this disappointing.

13. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I do not think is is so much of pitting the fandoms against each other. I think most people are upset that it is a GI Joe repaint. Regardless of how cool it is or that it is Transformers themed it still boils down to a Joe repaint. Many people seem to like the idea of Marissa. I think most people would be down for this if she was by herself. It is the whole nontransforming vehicle that is putting some people off. Lets say that she came with a TF. Even a made up TF: Prime character from the Arcee mold then I think more people would be stoked at this.

14. dominusveritas

dominusveritas Arizonacon™

News Credits:
    I was really hoping for something that transformed. But I'm not mad. It saves me the decision to spend money on another club offering, and that's not a bad thing. Good for everyone who is interested. I'm not going to rag on anyone for liking it and I'm not going to complain at the Club for doing it. It's just not my cup of tea.

15. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I collect both GI JOE and Transformers so I'll be happy to get the daughter of Flint and Lady Jaye. I consider both cartoon franchises to be in the same universe so I don't see this as a "JOE" thing that's intruding upon TF's. Heck, I hope they continue to make more figures, like Spike and Sparkplug - I'll be having them ride SDCC 2013 Hound or Dr. Archeville for SDCC 2011 Starscream.

16. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Ha, more of this garbage. They are running out of ideas. I'm in transformers for things that transform, not the human characters or "GI Joe" untransformable vehicle modes of characters. Don't get the appeal of this set at all.

Now, if she came with an all-new Afterburner? Bringo. But don't worry, the 3rd parties are providing that.

And clearly press releases are out of control thanks to the internets. I can't think of many things less interesting to the press.

17. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Whatever else is true, I do agree that the non-transforming vehicle is a put-off. I even feel this way myself, and I'm otherwise very much in favor of including human figures. I'd rather have no vehicle at all (a group of humans, if just selling a single figure isn't viable for whatever reason), or a non-scaled Transformer, than a non-transforming vehicle (however well-scaled).

18. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus DON'T TRUST THE RENDERS!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks like I'll only be signing up for Lio Convoy, and buying Nova.
    Again, March is the signup deadline, correct?

19. Fortress Prime

Fortress Prime Guardian Robot

Ebay:
    That's Cool. Put me down for one

20. Kenchanayoh

Kenchanayoh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm actually in the same boat. My 3.75" Joes are posed with my Transformers. Until they make a MP Hound or MP Jetfire, I will be using the SDCC set in my display. This figure is definitely NOT for everyone, but most of the stuff in the TFCC is really for a niche market.