TCC 2015 Exclusive Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Autobot City Comics 2008, Aug 14, 2014.

1. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I collect both TF's and modern-era G.I. Joes, so this (like the SDCC sets) is nicely in the sweet spot for me. Since Afterburner is non-transforming, I'll probably just be putting her in with the SDCC sets. Seems like a good fit, even if the timeline is perhaps a bit off.

2. Rockdown

Rockdown Persecutor in chief

Ebay:
    I hope it does not use the IDW butter face.

3. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Hmm, not feeling this. I figured it was a Joe cross over, but I was hoping this would be the start of the club doing official Joe/Transformers crossovers with the Basic DotM HA figures. Like DotM Sandstorm and Private Dedcliff as Beachcomber and Duke, or / Reverb and Sergeant Detour as a Flight Pod colored-Con and Firefly.

I know these Joe figures would be super small compared to normal Joe figures, but it would be cool to finally get official Joe figures with Transformers partners. If popular enough maybe we'd get some remolds in a BotCon set for say CC's head.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  4. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    My guess is that Marissa's gonna be made mostly out of RoC Agent Helix's body. At least, I hope so.

5. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    I'm not interested in Non-Transforming Transformers.

That said, I think it's a cool idea, and I would be all over this if I collected Joes.

6. ero

ero Well-Known Member

Hmmm, kinda of a stretch for a "crossover." The Faireborn link is fine, but she's still a Transformers character. I think "Old Snake" would have had more appeal.

Like a Sea-Spray WHALE (Deep Dive with Repro labels is not good enough), Powerglide Rattler, etc.

7. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Neato.

8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a cool idea in general but not for a TCC exclusive.

9. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    I'm sorry to those who like it, but this is lame as fuck in my opinion. You know what Transformers collectors like? TRANSFORMERS. Especially the kind that actually transform. Oh yeah, it's not in scale with any existing line so no matter what shelf you put her on you get a gigantic Marissa Fairborne. Nice.

I bet this was another brilliant idea of Transformers enthusiast Brian Savage. I also bet the cost to produce this figure and her bike is significantly less than that of a transforming deluxe figure. If that's the case, don't expect the savings to be passed on to the consumer.

10. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    That'd work pretty well, actually. Was trying to figure out what body would but you might have nailed it.

11. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a really cool idea! I will be getting this!

12. Petes Robot Convention

Petes Robot Convention Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope, the idea was mine and a couple other long time Transformers fans. We are putting out 15 exclusives through the club each year. We have room for a little out of the box ideas. And response, while of course not unanimous, has been very positive...

Glad to hear it!

13. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Any truth to the rumors of a joint GI Joe/Transformers convention? This exclusive seems like a step towards the idea being plausible...

14. Petes Robot Convention

Petes Robot Convention Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No truth to those...

That rumor has been floating for 5-6 years.

15. AniCosmos

AniCosmos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool idea - not for me (have to stay away from the plastic crack of GIJoe - that's a bottom less pit for sure) but a great out of the box figure/set. I'm surprised the Joe sites haven't picked up on this yet - I know they were aware of the initial tease a week or so ago.

16. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    this exclusive makes sense. Hasbro has "celebrated" GIJoe's 50th anniversary by killing the franchise, and dissolving its development team. Pete and Brian are noteworthy GIJoe fans, and this figure set is their way of trying to keep interest in their beloved franchise alive. I can respect that. remember folks there was a time when Transformers fell off the map, and in those dark days we'd have been desperate and happy to get anything through any venue.

that said, i'm probably skipping this one, for the same reason i skipped the SDCC sets. I like Transforming toys, of Transformers characters. and while i'd like figures of Transformers Human cast, this is horribly out of scale with anything I have. now the Serpent O.R coming out in the subscription service?! I'm all over that like teenage girl on a sparkly vampire.

maybe try a Kreon or Human Alliance figure next time eh?

17. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It doesn't really matter who's idea it was. The point is this is an extremely niche item. The club itself is already a small section of the fandom. Now add a Joe crossover whom I don't believe ever appeared in the cartoon and release it using a Joe mold with a non transforming Joe vehicle. Talk about limiting your buying audience.

18. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Not the biggest fan of the reveal, but hoping to see more details of why this was decided to move forward with, creative process, etc. The SDCC sets like these we're pretty popular, I'm sure that played in somewhat?

19. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Drama Geek

News Credits:
    Pete I still wanted shattered glass joes !!!!! Make it happen !!!!

20. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    I think it's a really cool idea, I just don't collect non-transforming figures, even ones important to the fiction. You could release a Spike and Carly set in their future jumpsuits and I still wouldn't buy it.

However, I love Nova Prime and the TFSS selections, so I think overall you've done a great job this year - I'll definitely be renewing.