TCC 2015 Exclusive Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Autobot City Comics 2008, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Raiju

Raiju Stormborn Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Interesting. Yeah, Joe-sized figs are usually too big for most TF figs, scale-wise, unless it's a bike mode like Afterburner (Warbotron's Afterburner may work though, TFC's Warning Line aka not-Groove, or any HasTak Deluxe motorcycle bot).

I also vote for a Verity Carlo figure. Maybe someone can retool the Spike/Daniel exo-suited figure that comes with MP-21 Bumblebee into Verity's exo-suit mode as seen in LSOTW.

2. donxavier

donxavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fairborne seems an odd choice. I don't recall her character being all that popular.

3. primushatesyou

primushatesyou Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^She's a main character in IDW's RiD currently

4. arbrias

arbrias Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This dampens my enthusiasm quite a bit. It's an added cost that really adds no value. It will get to sit in a box to rot next to the one that I got from the Joe movie line.

5. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I would want this.... for my JOES.

But not for Transformers.

And not from FunPub.

6. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope. No interest. I'm in the Transformers club for Transformers figures, not GI joe figures of Transformers characters.

Hope everyone that likes this enjoys it.

7. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    This would have made sense if they were going ahead with a TF / GIJoe combined convention as an exclusive...but as a straight up TF club offering I'm not a Joe collector...and all the non transforming vehicles in my collection are of the iconic Sci-Fi variety...I just don't have a spot for vehicle of a guy who is a Transformer...but can't be a robot. Especially when Maketoys and Warbotron have perfectly good versions of the same character that still do everything the original toy did. Yes they are going to be expensive, but it's not like club figures come out at anywhere near retail either.

8. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Not digging it, would've rather had an actual Transformer.

9. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah, no thanks.

10. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    There's a not-insignificant group of folks (myself included) that have asked for human figures for quite some time now. Part of the stipulation for many has always been "as long as it doesn't take away from something else." Well, given that this is the first year that we've gotten:
    1. a full set of 6/7 subscription figures
    2. an incentive figure
    3. a transforming figure that you can buy separately
    4. AND a human figure you can buy separately
    I think it's safe to say that having Marissa exist doesn't take away from anything else that might have existed.

My only concern is, as I've already stated, but which abrias stated even better, the addition of a non-transforming vehicle is "an added cost that really adds no value." I want humans, but if they couldn't just make one available on its own (as the Joe club has done... or used to do, I no longer know for sure), then add more humans, or at least have the Transformer be transformable (if admittedly out of scale).

11. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have to see the figure. But I like the idea!

12. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

The Joe figures (and Marissa will undoubtedly be a repainted Resolute Scarlett with 5-pack Lady Jaye legs and a ROC armoured Scarlett head, my guess, based on the art) fit the deluxe TFP Arcee nicely (the FE is just a little bit better, size-wise) and Chromia is just a heavily re-tooled version of TFP Arcee.

Missed opportunity in my opinion.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  13. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    By the way, do we know what base mold Marissa is using, and if there's any remolding involved?

14. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Well at least we have a Marisa Fairborn that isn't from Kiss Players I guess.
    That said this is being insta passed. Nontransforming transformer in alt mode is not my thing and Marisa doesn't really scale with anything I want her too (does she even scale with an Alternator?). If it was somehting I could fit in an MP10 or alternity I'd consider for a whole extra second but not this.

15. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My guess… based on the art. Probably Retaliation Lady Jaye lower arms/hands as well.

16. arbrias

News Credits:
    I'm with you on the body/legs, but I don't think they would use that head. They would have to pay for actor license (Rachel Nichols sculpt) which they have not done before. I would lean more towards a new sculpt for the head on this one, especially since it's their first "Joe" offering on the Transformers side of things.

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Interesting. well there are a reasonable number of female Joes to use to make this figure as even with a GI Joe figure i can't see the TCC being able to afford an all new mold even if the mold would likely cost less than some molds for Transformers.

Would be appropriate if they used parts mostly from Lady Jaye figures given she is Marrisa's mother, Her Father is Flint.

18. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're probably right on the legal thing… not that any of the movie Scarlett figures looked alike, or like the actress (though that is the closest/best one).

I'd guess they'd reuse one of the new heads from the Subscription figures though (Bombstrike?), or mix-and-match a head/hair combo, before making a completely new one… based on the art pose, they might use shortened Baroness "windswept" hair…? I hope not.

19. MechaV

MechaV Not as bad as you think.

News Credits:
    We're gonna be seeing a lot more of this sort of thing, aren't be?

20. arbrias

News Credits:
    Based on the art, they don't really have anything out there that they could adapt to this figure. The closest would probably be the bombstrike head, but I don't know that they would want to re-use it that soon. I'm hoping they're going to try and wow people with a new one. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

I'm wondering (since it's a joe/TF crossover) if GIJCC members will be able to buy it as well, or if it will only be available through the TF club.