TCC 2015 Exclusive Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Autobot City Comics 2008, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why are so many people up in arms about this?

We're still getting a freebie and another as well as the 7 subscription figures. That's not even counting Botcon.

One more odd thing that you don't have to buy isn't gonna kill you.

I'm not buying it because I don't collect stuff like that. Simple.

Now I can see a beef if the freebie or one of the subscription figures was something like this, but it's not.

2. Tecrom Designs

Tecrom Designs Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I need this!!

3. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I'll be buying the bike next Friday assuming its still there. Only £4 in Home Bargains, England.

4. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FAIL.

They used a gijoe toy...

They could have used the ashiko cycle armor bike from the POC line...and it could have at least had SOME sort of transformation.

5. C.I.A.D.

C.I.A.D. Iron Ape

Same thing I said over on Hisstank. Sure, this set will compliment that last few SDCC crossover sets...but that bike. Ugh, that bike. It's such a hard pill to swallow.

For those of you that don't collect G.I.Joe, that motorcycle has been on clearance for months. As a matter of fact, there's at least 10 of them priced at $5.99 at my local ROSS.

Although the concept is awesome...the execution is not (at least in my opinion, anyway). I like it, I just can't justify:

A) Getting a TCC membership for this.
    B) Getting the membership just to get a mold that I could go buy for a fraction of the cost.

Sigh.

6. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Could they really have used that though? Doesn't Ashiko have special parts/attachments for the armor to connect onto him? I don't think that would've been compatiable with Marissa & the female figure construction.

7. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    The key question for the bike is "can Marissa ride it?" - its pointless to have a bike if she can't.

8. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Why would you take my post out of context, try to prove a point, when I had already stated this?

9. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Compliment the sets? Why not release this at SDCC like they've been doing for the last few years? that way people don't complain about how we should've gotten a Transformer instead of this

10. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Thank Primus.

11. C.I.A.D.

C.I.A.D. Iron Ape

Good question.

12. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pete has a point. And this is leading to way more over-analysis and complaining than there needs to be. For starters, the TFCC isn't strictly about being a fan of the transforming toys, although some people see it that way. It's for appreciating the Transformers mythos in general. It's not as if the club doesn't offer things like posters and other non-transforming items. It's oft a love and appreciation of the characters. As both a fan or GI Joe and Transformers, I enjoy this homage, but even if I knew nothing about GI Joe at all, I'd still know her to be a cool character from the toon and the IDW books. And that's enough for lots of people. So what Afterburner doesn't transform? No different than getting a statue, model, or PVC in bot or alt mode. Just because the cycle mode was originally used for a GI Joe product doesn't mean that it doesn't do a great job of representing Afterburner and in no way invalidates or lessens its use here. And scale complaints? Really? Not everyone buys items strictly for them to scale properly with others like many have with the Masterpiece line. Simply take it for what it is at face value. A chance for fans who like the Marissa character to own one with a nice-looking version of Afterburner. If it's not for you, as has also been said, club members are already getting a free transforming Lio Convoy and can opt to pay for a Nova Prime. There's nothing to complain about. Your money's not being flushed down the drain. The clubs not on some spiraling downfall into oblivion. They took the chance to offer us something we don't usually get. Hence I appreciate the opportunity to purchase it if I so choose. And while some may not like this offering, another one could emerge that's more your to liking. There are plenty of transforming Transformers available for this not to be a problem or point of contention. I see everyone's points and appreciate them, but some of the fandom really need to consider how their opinions come across to others, especially when they feel like something they might like is being bashed and degraded. Pete said there have been a lot of positive responses to this. So embrace the diversity. And to anynoe who ever complains "Why can't we ever get something different for a change?" or like surprises, well, they've delivered. And they surely didn't have to do this for us.

13. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the idea of human figures, but I want ones something like to scale, yes that limits options to Masterpiece + Human Alliance or Kreo, but a good looking set of either would have appealed far more.

And if GI Joe is the only way to go I'd have much preferred a set of 2-5 figures rather than a figure and vehicle combo.

Oh well.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Even though I'm ok with Afterbuner not being transformable, this would have been so much cooler.

Seriously why don't we have more Humans made from the GI Joe molds? If Hasbro did this, I'd buy the hell out of these.

15. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Should have expect it be big let down Gijoe character with Gijoe bike

16. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    looks good.

17. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    They can't use Masterpiece or Human Alliance and won't be using Kreo. Blackrock with Zap is fine since its an homage to Block Town. Zap also comes with some Kre-O bricks I believe.

18. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

And Chip Chase! With really loose jiggly legs so he can't stand!

19. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Are you forgetting there are Transformers fans out there who prefer transforming robots as their club exclusives?

Personally, this kind of attitude seems like you're saying you know better than I do when it comes to what I like*. You don't.

This is an example of one of the (many) reasons why I am no longer a part of the Club. It sounds very condescending, even if it's not meant as such. It certainly comes off that way.

*Yes, I realize Pete isn't ACTUALLY saying this

20. Petes Robot Convention

Petes Robot Convention Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Between 2005-2012 we offered what, 10 club exclusives? Over the next year/year and a half we will be offering 15 club exclusives. All of those transform... So obviously we are not forgetting the people who prefer Transforming club exclusives.