TCC 2015 Exclusive Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Autobot City Comics 2008, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Mudslide

Mudslide Grieving Son

My sides :lol 

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I could see this as a co exclusive given Marissa the child of two well known and popular Joes.

Her dad is Flint and her mom is Lady Jaye.

3. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    Well if this is no big deal then I'm sure the Joe Club would be happy to get a repainted deluxe Transformer as an exclusive, right? Cause if it's a cool character people will forget all about things like ankle tilts and scale, you know, the things bitched about on practically every figure that doesn't tickle their fancy.

It's nice that a lot of people are happy about this. I knew they would be, because a lot of collectors are fans of both Joes and Transformers. But I think it's sad that the club is knowingly alienating a good portion of their fan base just so they can have a clever little crossover.

4. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Cute. I dig it.

5. Bionic Commando

Bionic Commando Head Master Spy

[​IMG]

yup

6. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    There would be no reason for a GIJCC toy made from a Transformers, though, since GI Joe isn't a franchise full of transforming robots. Transformers, however, is a franchise full of humans, people often ask for figures of them, and Fun Pub has access to Joe moulds.

I don't really give a toss about GI Joe figures, but I'd get this figure if I could afford it, just because Marissa's cool character. She could be made out of a Star Wars figure for all I care.

7. Grapple35

Grapple35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like it. I hope Spike, Carly and Sparkplug will be included in future exclusives.

8. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I can't say that I'm not disappointed as a Transformers fan. I collect transforming robots and a set like this tickles my fancy, but doesn't really get me hyped.

With that said, the Club has said this is a "thinking outside of the box" idea. With roughly 6-10 actual TCC exclusives this next year, they can have some of these ideas.

What I am hoping for is this is more of a one off and is maybe a co-exclusive as it caters to both franchises. If this is the trend moving forward, having Transformers Club exclusives being partnered with Joes, human characters, or other non-transforming things, then yeah I'm not going to renew any sort of membership (there's like three human figures I care enough for to get a toy of). This isn't a negative comment, but this exclusive isn't what I personally signed up for, just not my main focus. That's OK.

As members of the Transformers Club I think we should expect transforming robot exclusives. Anything else, IMO, is too far of a departure. I emphasize that I think this is an oddity and not the coming trend. I am absolutely fine with this as a exclusive as I don't have to buy it, I just don't want it to be a trend. It's a cool thing to try, do it every so often maybe?

It'd be awesome if Pete could sound off on this ...

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  9. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Alienating? :confused:  Alienating. Yeesh... :peoples: 

The exclusives they make are fairly low run. FunPub does not expect every fan to want to buy every exclusive. The exclusives are not meant for everyone to buy.

Because they aren't trying to "please all of the people all of the time" now they're actively alienating fans?

What about when they did a whole Botcon set on Animated molds and not everyone digs animated molds... is that more alienating?

FunPub tries to make popular exclusives but also tries to give a little bit of something to fans that have different tastes(as you acknowledge yourself, there are fans that'll be interested in this), as shown by the line-ups of the subscription service sets.

I didn't care about the animated sets. I'm also not interested in buying this exclusive. But I certainly don't feel alienated. :rolleyes2 

10. Matty

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Alienated is probably the wrong word, I agree.

Like I said in my previous post, it's okay to be disappointed. I think the TCC is putting out enough stuff to hit somebody's interest.

11. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    I dunno; if we got some decent PVCs of human characters like, say, Sari, I'd be all over that.

12. Matty

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    You're absolutely right. I don't think this is a bad idea, but again I just think the large majority should be actual Transformers.

I'm starting to feel like I'm spinning my wheels, not conveying this the best I could :lol 

I'm fine with this stuff, just not every year.

13. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    If only people would just not get insulted when the club makes something they don't like...its one thing to say "this doesn't interest me" or "this doesn't fit my collection" or even "it would have been nice if..." but its seems like people are going crazy...the club cannot and nor can any company or person please all of us at once...I like it because Marissa...I'll grab it because I've always wanted humans Transformer characters...bonus points for the Afterburner deco as he was one of my favorite combiner team members...true he'll have no place in my collection but he can sit on my "special shelf" with favorites that have been replaced in my collection...

14. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    No problem.

Had to get mine out because I remembered he existed. Love the look of this guy. He looks like he'll fit in with the designs of the new show pretty well, just need some purple paint.

15. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

I'm fairly disappointed... but I guess I'm not the biggest fan of FunPub (as I consider most of their repaints to be over-expensive!), so maybe my opinion doesn't matter here.

I joined last year for the Rampage figure, and I liked that a lot. More BW stuff would be great, IMO.

But this exclusive? The face looks terrible to me, and while the bike looks nice, it's not essential but essentially raises the price of the figure. :( 

Is this really for TF fans, or more of a ploy to get some Joe Club guys to suscribe to TCC?

16. Petes Robot Convention

Petes Robot Convention Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So. Are there fans out there forgetting how many Transformers toys that have been produced that DON'T transform? We're not exactly breaking new ground in that respect. A classic human character though? I personally am very excited about that and the other things it could lead to!

17. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want to see this next - a Dr. Archeville (3rd party version shown) from the GI JOE club's Dr. Venom figure (just needs new head and cybernetic hand). Don't even have to glue in a tie! Don't think he can sit in SDCC GI JOE Starscream though...

[​IMG]

18. Matty

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    We have short memories.

No, I don't think it's that. It's just ... which would you prefer; a transformer or a non-transformer? Maybe it's that mindset.

In reply to the whining/arguing, honestly I haven't seen much bickering about this release. I think it's been decently received, just like the SDCC sets. It'll be a cool thing to own that's not fit for everyone.

19. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I enjoy these crossovers, though I'll see what the prices are in the aftermarket. If not, c'est la vie....

20. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Can they be made from existing G.I. Joe figures? If yes, then expect it. If no, then don't.

I see the point of including the bike is so she can ride it. Giving her a Chromia repaint into Afterburner defeats the object. I don't believe there are any existing modern Transformers that she can ride.

Could you do exclusive Robot Heroes repaints too?

Which would you prefer? A vehicle that Marissa can interact with or a transforming robot that has nothing to do with the Marissa toy. Marissa still has to be the main focus either way.

Oh... Are we not getting transforming robot exclusives already? I thought we were.