Taylor Swift as Windblade in a future live-action movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Cryptwire, Jul 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kayne is really happy for her but Beyoncé would make a 1000x better Wingblade.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Acadia

Acadia gone

I think a Japanese woman would be better, considering that Windblade is based off of Geisha or something.

3. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    I don't know

4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    That's being extremely generous.

I guess it depends on the media, and you know that rather than get a voice that fits the character they will throw the biggest draw name in there for maximum effect. If she is thrown into a movie, the movie will most assuredly revolve around her.

5. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I'd rather they cast someone like Lucy Liu.

6. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    probably not.

there are examples of movies that were not massive hits because they put some music celebrities in it.

rihanna, for example, was in 'battleship', but that movie was not a box-office hit even though she is a well known pop music star. that status did not guarantee battleship's box-office success.

at the same time, taylor swift already provided voice talent to one of the characters in the animated movie "The Lorax"... once again, her music star status did not guarantee that movie being a hit. and i believe swift was probably already in one or two movies, probably in a couple of TV shows... again, did not guarantee she would be a ratings or box-office draw. all this just proves that even if you're a pop music mega-star, it does not guarantee a hit in the box office.

my thing with swift was simply just that: i find her physically resembling a Windblade so she could probably play the part with the magic of motion-capture and CGI photo-realism.

i'd also mentioned before that Emma Stone would be a good actress to play Slipstream.

7. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Only if Christopher Nolan and James Cameron co-direct.

8. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    that would be awesome if something like that happened... but, after Bay is done with his iteration of the Transformers live-action movies, it would be great if either one of them become the director.

9. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How about Ming-Na Wen?

Not that it really matters were talking about Michael Bay's Transformers. The characters have almost nothing in common with their original selves with the exception of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee and those are a stretch. So if wind blade does ever end up in a movie will probably be a helicopter for some reason and turned into some kind of super soldier female badass GI Jane type.

10. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    In case you didn't know, Blue = Sarcasm.

11. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    yeah... that's why if female Cybertronians are going to be included, i would prefer another director than Bay and preferably in a rebooted live-action movies. but it's just not limited to female Cybertronians. i would prefer a director that would be able to handle fembots, combiners, titans, but all in all the overall Transformers mythos.

well, Bay did have his chance.. he included fembots in ROTF. but the designs were horrible and they were all killed off.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    i thought you were serious :D 

i know people have thrown around names like Cameron and Nolan directing Transformers live-action so my bad if i mistook your comment as being serious.

13. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could write and direct a better movie than Michael Bay.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    No... no. Although, knowing how she feels about making her share of the profits, I'd bet she'd sue if she thought she had a case about the artist of that particular image using her likeness.

But, no. Plenty of artists "borrow" likenesses of various celebrities without any intention of that person ever portraying the character in film. And thank God for that otherwise Extremis Tony Stark would've been Tom Cruise and any number of female superheroes would've been adult stars or cosplayers.

And have you seen the movie characters? What makes you think that a Michael Bay Wingblade would look anything like Taylor Swift?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    ah, the artist of that image is James Raiz. he had drawn that portrait as a tribute to his son and daughter, his son being a big Transformers fan, and his daughter being a huge Taylor Swift fan.

actually, he himself is a Transformers illustrator and a visual effects artist for several movies. i don't think he's making profits off of the drawing, but, like i mentioned, it's just something he shared on Twitter to honor his son and daughter.

only thing pretty much i know about taylor swift was her spat with Spotify and buying websites that show her photo-shopped nude. i don't know if she'd been involved in or started lawsuits.. i could be wrong.

and yes, that's why i mentioned Michael Bay is not the director that would handle female Cybertronians well in a live-action setting.

that's why as long as he is the director, the live-action Transformers franchise imho would ultimately become stale until A) starts losing money B) gets rebooted or C) gets bought off by Disney and Disney reboots/remakes the entire Transformers live-action universe and gets a genuine MCU-like treatment. And that would suck because if that time ever comes, i will have to start subscribing to the Disney Channel just to be able to watch shows like Rescuebots and RID15.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  16. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    T-swizzle would be batter as nautica

• Like Like x 1
  17. kastaway

kastaway Well-Known Member

Haha beat me to it. I was gonna say anna kendrick for nautica tho....lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Acadia

Acadia gone

There were also plans to include Arcee in the first TF movie, but she was scrapped and replaced with Ironhide at the last minute because apparently "explaining females would take too much time" or something like that. Either way, it was a really dumb excuse.

• Like Like x 1
  19. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Please start threads in the appropriate forums.

TFGD is NOT the forum for LIVE ACTION MOVIE discussion threads, we have a TF MOVIE Discussion forum for those... moving this one.

• Like Like x 1
  20. kyPRIME

kyPRIME Banned

YouTube (Legacy):
    no, no to her, and no to a live action movie of any kind with anything transformers related, just stop it, no more, i can't have any more of it, the damage that has been done to transformers has to stop at some point

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.