Tarn's Identity Revealed MASSIVE MTMTE #55 SPOILER

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by omegafix, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Question: has the IDW app cut off a page? The last page of the issue proper ends with Nighbeat saying "As in "let's destroy the entire pla-". The next page is just an advert for Revolution.

It wouldn't be the first time the pages have been uploaded sloppily on this awful app either.

2. FelixOSTE

FelixOSTE Banned

How about you address my points instead of complaining, chap? I have every right to read and criticise this garbage excuse of a comic. If you can't cope with the truth, then don't qoute me.

3. FelixOSTE

FelixOSTE Banned

Couldn't understand your post here, chap. Maybe Salazar should have invested in more English classes at your public schools, no? People need to understand that I deliver the truth. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen then.

4. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Wow. Here's another hint that it wasn't Roller. Remember this scene during #39 when "Roller" was being rebuilt? Well looky here:

A patch of yellow on his leg.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Can't we all just get along?

6. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Are you new here?

(Rhetorical, I know who you are obvs.)

Tarn (DJD) - Transformers Wiki

Check the picture. That's just part of his knee.

7. FelixOSTE

FelixOSTE Banned

True, and let me explain why. People here are complete and utter fan boys. They especially adore Roberts and can not accept it when someone criticies his writing (see Tumblr squad). Instead of accepting the fact that he has been terrible this season, people try to rationalise these shitty isssues, which is an insult to everyone's intelligence here. Face facts. Roberts is overrated.

8. Geox82

Geox82 Well-Known Member

I really think you are overthinking the "Tarn wears a mask for a reason." Tarn gave us the reason for the mask in his internal dialogue in issue #39. He wears the mask so he can avert his eyes from the more gruesome acts of the DJD. That coupled with his belief in strong administration was, to me, a much bigger red herring towards Tarn being Dominus than any of the red herrings for Roller a few issues prior.

Again, that you don't like the story that was told is a matter of personal opinion, but I do believe Alex when he comes in here and says this was always the plan... that Tarn was a relative no one and that the only thing that matters to his character is what he did as "Tarn" not what he was before "Tarn".

9. FelixOSTE

FelixOSTE Banned

Of course, bearded Vegeta. I know you agree with my points, even though you are afraid to admit it. People tend to get nasty if you do not agree with them.

10. Wheeljackie

Wheeljackie He will set us free

So is Tarn dead? Sorry if that's a stupid question.

11. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Is any character in any comic book ever truly dead? For now, it looks like yes.

12. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Whoops. I was comparing the picture that I just posted to this picture where his knees aren't as yellow:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    So, empurata victims and Megatron.

- One was his biggest fanboy.
    - Another one was one of his biggest haters (also, created him. Twice, in a way)
    - The third was indifferent, as with everybody else (but helped him before)

One created him, another one helped him, then the first one made him think differently, then the third one spent his life representing him.

...I have no idea where am i going with that right now.
    But i liked the reveal.

Now off to a season of Rodimus being jealous of Terminus.

14. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    What if roller "was" tarn but due to the necrobot pulling missing cybertronians out of time resulted in history correcting a missing tarn, a "glitch" in history if you will

15. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I had the same theory. Would at least explain the hints toward roller.

16. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Not saying it's what the writers were thinking or anything, I just think it's a fun theory considering the hints toward roller and glitches name plus the necrobot misusing temporal tech

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :lolol  Nice One.

overall I did enjoy this issue but it wasn't perfect.

I did not like how they just had Deathsaurus leave the way he did, I wanted him to come that conclusion on his own, not some silly plot device. it makes him a weak willed cuck.

Overlord really in the grand scheme of things outside of a few snide comments at Tarn had no real purpose in this arc.

I didn't like Terminus and Roller suddenly appearing out of nowhere, that honestly was a waste I feel. I get their significance in universe but unless Roberts has a lot of great plans for them, eh. It just feels like bloating up an already larger roster of main characters.

what I did love was Megatron's plan and how it all tied back to the fight between him and Whirl.

Ravage's death was really sad, dare I say more tragic than Skids. Soundwave's reaction was heartbreaking.

I'm okay with the Glitch being Tarn twist now, earlier this morning I didn't like it but after enough theories from you folks, I accept it. It's not perfect but it does still fit.

The ending is kind of well that happened. It's gonna be a long wait till December.

Oh My God. :jawdropper: 

18. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Since when did you decided to care? You hated it from the very beginning when you found out Rewind and Chromedome were a couple.

Also, since this is a comic thread, I should have to address a very important message from very popular nerds before the salt mines overflow by bitter critics:

Comics. Are. WEIRD!! You get characters who get powers from radioactive cocaine, a 10 year old who's powers equal to the mighty creator, and a robot that can make the *pfffftt* sound with their robotic jaws. This issue, and its red herring, is no different. The characterization is fine, the pacing is fine, but the fact that it pulls callbacks from very early on in the series is purely from this genre alone because we have $4 to spend.

19. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    Didn't Roller and the others become M.I.A. because censere took them, thinking they were M.I.A. ? If so, that always been the case, and Tarn was always Damus.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Really? Because I don't think I am. Not when it's one of the only things about him.

Something he could easily do with a visor or just fake eye lenses.

An entire mask, for a race that can change their bodies at will, seems rather impractically simple. If he had really tossed aside his old life, why did he not finish the overhaul and just give himself a new head without a "face?"

I'm with ya, it definitely makes it more believable that the mutineers were thinking they were dealing with a far more rational party than the DJD. Otherwise now it makes literally all of them look like evil assholes, rather than just fed up people who just wanted team Rodimus gone but not harmed.