Tarn's Identity Revealed MASSIVE MTMTE #55 SPOILER

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by shadow panther, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Geox82

Geox82 Well-Known Member

Thank you :D 

2. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

i know people will say "he snapped back too quickly!!"

but i think that is a very important scene that shows just how close he was to terminus as he is the only one that could possible have brought megs back from the edge.

i thought it was a nice scene between the too

3. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After few hours I start to doubt about Tarn's true identity. It is like his true identity was not important and it means nothing to me right now.

If you put his mask down, you should be able to say he is Roller. He did in issue #39, all we saw was his mouth. His head is similar with Roller too. And when Megatron pull Tarn's mask down, we do not have clear look at his face cause it does not care about it. But if he had one big eye, it would be closer to Damus/Glitch.

From tfwiki MtMtE#52
    And with this Damus/Glitch is Point One Percenter now.

Two issues more, maybe something come to resolve this.

4. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

It's a strange situation, because he clearly recognized what he had done, right before Terminus arrived. He probably wanted to leave so the others wouldn't have to worry about him anymore, but then Terminus eased him. His comment about losing his way really got to me. Though for a brief second, I wondered if he meant losing his way from Decepticon to Autobot, rather than Autobot to DJD-murderer. I think he meant losing his way as in turning bad in the first place.

5. FelixOSTE

FelixOSTE Banned

I didn't think I could ask for a shittier ending than this. For starters, aren't the DJD supposed very powerful? Like, they toyed with bots a lot stronger than Megatron, then suddenly they get their asses kicked because he is able to call on the power of love or the universe or whatever. Seriously, black matter? What a cop out. Highly anticlimatic. The only ones who enjoyed their death are the ones who envision the DJD as their irl bullies. Weaklings, who are unable to cope with the big bad ones irl, so they get their kick out of seeing baddies getting killed in a comic.

There was a lot of potential in the DJD, but Roberts messed up, as usual. The dude should have taken a lot more inspiration from NKVD, UBDA, Sigurimi, etc, etc. The same state security agencies the DJD are based on. Honestly, there is a lot of juicy things that Roberts could have used to deepen and flesh out the DJD, but nooo. Instead we got this shit fest.

I had a faint, glimmer of hope at the end. When Megatron turned his cannon on those who should have died in the #1 issue of the series. Instead of blasting Chromedome and Rewind, he started crying and hugged his daddy Terminus "cuz I lost my way, waaaah, waaaah". This was a golden opportunity to remove the disease of the series (Chrome-wind), and now we have to deal with these two bots who contribute absolutely, effing nothing to the effing plot. Camera guy is only about "hurrdurr herp derp, how do I find ex boy friend herp derp", while needle hands constantly whines about sticking his needles into other bots.

At least the dog that got torn apart died. That made me happy. If only it could have happened to a few other bots (everyone in the cast).

Note to the hounding admins: Please mr security men sirs, I'll be a good boy sirs and I haven't broken any of the rules, honest. So don't ban me, plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

6. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    This "reveal" sucks.

7. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Look at the side of their heads in that photo. They're identical. I hate to write it, but the clues were there.

I wish there had been a few more clues to point to Glitch being Tarn, but whatever.

8. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Did glitch appear at all before this issue?

9. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

Ah, yes, you again. No surprise you complained about...uh...the entire issue.

Why do you even read these then? Just stop reading if you hate the comics so much. You literally post only to complain about the comics.

10. Reask

Reask Predacon

I read it again, I'm okay with the Tarn reveal not being that important because it was never meant to be, but Tarn's
    death is about as anti climatic as any great villain these days.
    That being said, while it is sad to see MTMTE and exRID ending in two more issues, I am really, really looking forward to Lost Light and Optimus Prime. And oddly enough I'm suddenly looking forward to Revolution. Can't wait to see the Joes get involved. :) 

11. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    After reading it again, I imagine if your interest in the book was "Who is Tarn?" this might be a pain, but at this point who he is doesn't matter. The main point was that he and they were on the chopping block, and now we can put them behind us for the most part. DJD BOO SCARY MONSTERS has worn thin on me. I'm glad it's done, and not in the worst way possible.

Honestly I agree with GoLion, there really should have been at least another tiny hint that Glitch was Tarn.

12. MelficeCyrum

MelficeCyrum Well-Known Member

I called in on Tarn NOT being Roller. It was way, way too obvious, and JRo would never do obvious, not like that.

Getaway wasn't a complete jerk, or at least, no moreso than a lot of the other people on the LL

Good riddance to the DJD, I'm glad they're all dead.

Bringing back the 'Disappeared' people I keep thinking is going to bite the timeline in the ass somehow. But it seems a few people get some closure.

"Mold"? Oh dear lord...

13. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Yes; Glitch appeared in a couple (more I think) of issues. He's not a complete unknown. I can understand part of people's dislike of this revelation. I was upset at first too. Now, I'm just indifferent. Tarn's secert Identity was blatant misdirection, and it wasn't even all that good. We were hit over the head with the idea that the ID was Roller. Instead, it's a C-lister that no one cared about. It's like Jalaguy said, this was a fanboy that got to play big-bad. His identity doesn't matter.

The people praising this like it's Doyle or something perplex me, though. Clever? We have different ideas of what's clever.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  14. JudgeDeliberata

JudgeDeliberata Majestrix

News Credits:
    Ha!

Well, I've no complaints about being taken for a ride. Honestly, Roller's face resembling the Autobot logo should really have acted as a warning sign - too simple, too obvious. It always bugged me. The red herring clues were planted just right, I'd say - easy enough to pick up on, and so did we all.

I won't deny that Glitch turning is a matter that could merit further examination, though. His being present while Optimus recommends Megatron's works is one zinger of a starting point.

I'm in the camp of Tarn mattering more to me as Tarn. Not disappointed. I'd call it a clever bait-and-switch; glad at least one guy out there caught it.

At any rate, I'm glad the book on the DJD is closed now, and I do agree with points earlier about a lot of wacky technology showing up a touch too often. I can give the black hole siphoning a pass as it's been a Megatron trademark for 30 years. Was wondering when it'd finally show up.

S3 has a great opportunity now to start off feeling fresh. From here on we can focus on the quest and the 'ancient Cybertronian' threat. I'm happy with how most matters have been settled; there's been too much dangling for too long.

Wonder who'll will stick around now that a lot of arcs are effectively done. Hope Roller joins the crew.

So....a mold for Cybertron, eh? That's a fascinating insight to the beginnings of the TF species. Sounds like the kind of material that'll tie in nicely with the Knights. This is going to be great to watch unfold. It's the biggest reason I'm following....

15. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I want to re-read this entire arc. I'm actually re-reading the entire series, I think I'm at mid-20s so far. But after just my initial reading I'm fine with the resolution.

What I liked...
    -Megatron returned to form. Oh, I'm here to trap you guys. Haha.
    -Megs basically showing everyone that he's the best of the best. I out think you all and I will win. You can only kill me if I let you kill me.
    -Ravage "oh, he's ten steps ahead of everyone, and he always allows himself to change his mind and change course."
    -Ravage's death and everyone's reaction. Well played Roberts.
    -Megs basically calling out the DJD and taking them down. Yeah, I keep repeating myself.
    -Tarn begging for mercy.
    -Ravage's last words.
    -The briefcase loophole and Rodimus saving Megatron. Megs was ready to die and I was actually worried that Rodimus would return without him. Megs is "too important" to die but I still didn't want him to "die" even if it was a "temporary comic book death."

What I didn't like...
    -A lot of exposition but it was a necessary evil.

Someone else said this issue felt rush and full of exposition. I agree BUT I see that more as an example of the limitations of the medium.

The DJD are finished. Tarn's arc made sense. Meg's arc was satisfying. Stuff was rushed but whatchu gonna do. I hate liking Megs but I can't help it... :D 

16. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Hm, ok then. If he's not totally unknown it's a little comforting...

17. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

But how can he show how much he doesn´care, by screaming at top of his lungs that he does not cares?

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I find it interesting that before this reveal, I never saw a single person use the excuse that who Tarn really was "didn't matter." In fact, it's the exact opposite. There was tons of speculation on who he was. Roberts stated that Tarn wore a mask for a reason, and the only reason to wear a mask is to obscure your identity. Otherwise he could've simply had his face restructured into a 'Con symbol with a visor or something. He was deliberately set up to have a hidden identity, and now that said identity is revealed to be meaningless, it was always supposed to be that way?

I don't buy it. It sounds like backtracking. It was a poor writing decision to put a shocking twist over logic. Because really, not being Roller isn't even the worst part. I'm sure there's other, more logical characters he could have gone with. But Glitch spcifically is such a pointless choice, devoid of impact. It literally doesn't mean anything, which means Tarn doesn't mean anything, because as I said before, there's practically nothing to him besides the intrigue of his past.

19. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    This

20. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

I saw that coming! I knew Megatron had nothing to cower, as all of the remaining DJD were complete shams themselves! This was the retribution that Megatron sought all along! Hiding behind a codename and false ideologies of a mistaken individual, Glitch saw his chance to be better, and became a Decepticon as a result to ditch the life he once had. He blew it when he decided to cross Megatron! He dies as Megatron reads him his old discarded name. Tarn is Tarn, but knowing his old name ruined his hopes for a "warrior's death."

This was the best, right next to Transformers #55! I liked the twist in Tarn's identity, I like that Megatron's briefcase would be used by the Necrobot as his way of counting the dead. I liked the fact that an interesting character (Roller) isn't in fact Tarn. The briefcase also explains why Terminus was gone; Necrobot saved him! Whoever thought that Thunderclash was gonna save the day were wrong. I was anticipating that Megatron was gonna die, but it was Ravage, who probably wasn't gonna make it due to Tarn ripping him in half.

4/5 from me honestly, but some of you really need to chill.