Target Listings for Legacy, Studio series and Rise of the beast figures.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Vitafay

Vitafay Well-Known Member

If they would do a Studio Series 86 Devastator, would it be more like "Studio Series Constructicons"? In other words, size appropriate Constructicons - - I don't think it would be possible to reconcile them and Devastator? (and I would imagine the Stunticons would be smaller in Menasor form too). Not that they wouldn't form Devastator, but I suppose a smaller Devastator would be in line with his original toy form (was he nearly smaller than Shockwave transformed? I).
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Yeah, 1:35 scale Devastator is already done. The Constructicons themselves would probably be the scale focus of their next release.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just going by the picture they are too short compared to Devastator's legs. Although they could have parts that are only used for making Devastator.

4. Galvatronv2

Galvatronv2 Active Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    gorge is my favorite by far

5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I wonder if the reason why we have not seen any Studio Series Deluxes, Voyagers or Leaders is because they had intention to do the Rise of the Beasts sooner, but since movie is being delayed, maybe they are now doing a final decision on what old characters can fill in the spots. Like the next wave was suppose to have Mirage and Nightbird, now they are working hard to replace them with like Sideways and Que.

6. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wishful thinking but no the plan was always to wait until next the movie designs were more finalized and that meant 2023 for the earliest Rotb SS toy.

The kiddie line doesn't have to stick to super accurate just look close Enough and be functional so those can release earlier than SS.

That said the movie delay means later release for both lines meaning kiddie towards summer 2022 early fall and anything SS related early if we are lucky 2023 if not summer 2023.

It all depends on what happens.

• Like Like x 3
  7. fatfaso

fatfaso Well-Known Member

How do I downvote this? :)  This is actually my “fear.” I’d love a giant Devastator (actually same size as Combiner Wars… just less “hollow” feeling). I also want properly sized constructions. Unfortunately, I don’t think I can have both. Damn you, mass shifting (or whatever it’s called)!

8. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely possible and possibly explains """random""" redecos like NEST Bee. It could also explain why SS86 is going strong - it's unaffected by the ROTB release, and in an emergency you can really port over any character that was in the movie from WFC/Legacy if needed to fill a gap. Although it could also just be that the current team is more passionate about SS86 than SS-live action, which I would not be shocked to learn.

9. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    I wouldn't blame them either. The Bayverse made a lot of money, but those movies are widely considered absolute trash. I am personally surprised SS has lasted this long. Happy for the bayverse fans though. They really have had a good long run so far!

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The "Bayverse" was pretty much the definition of "critic proof". The audiences didn't care that they weren't going to be experiencing award-winning scripts or performances. They just wanted to beat the summer heat in air-conditioned theatres and see crazy shit go down, and to that end, they delivered. Even The Last Knight didn't "bomb"; It just underperformed, based on the trends set by the previous entries in the franchise. And I think movies still remain memorable to those audiences because there's still been no other franchise like it that delivered that level of overwhelming spectacle intensity.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    That's not exactly something to be proud of, plus I doubt most of 'those audiences' will remember these films to any meaningful degree in a week or month after watching it. Plus plus 'no other franchise'..? I seriously doubt that.

It's nice I suppose that something I and others care about was simply used as a big, shallow, loud, dumb vehicle for cheap thrills, but I know we can do a lot better than that. Plus The Last Knight was Transformers' second box office bomb, saying it simply 'underperformed' is being very generous.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    I mean, I understand that we, as fans of the franchise as a whole were left wanting something a bit... deeper, but as far as general audiences are concerned, the franchise still stands out from the crowd quite a bit. Even as ridiculous and over-the-top as the Fast and Furious franchise goes (as probably the closest "big, dumb, loud" movie franchise competition out there currently), there's still a certain predictability to the stunts when a car is still just a car. It can't deliver the "what the hell did I just see?" spectacle of said car suddenly bounding around like a jaguar to dodge incoming ordinance, or what have you. That experience stuck with audiences, and had them coming back to the tune of like, $5B worldwide.

The Last Knight was only a domestic bomb, in that it didn't make back its money from purely the domestic ticket sales. It still made a decent profit margin worldwide. But it was a massive underperformance compared to its predecessors.

• Like Like x 1
  13. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Thing is, cool, you got money for that day then. How do any of the reasons you stated lead into a successful toy line though?

Either way, ROTF, AOE, and TLK are actually unwatchable for me at this point. As i've gotten older i've only realized just how absolutely awful they are.

DOTM is easily the best of the Bay movies. (Bumblebee is better but doesnt count)

14. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Enough to carry a retail toyline dedicated to its legacy for three years, apparently. And that's only really slowing down now because it's largely exhausted all of its heavy hitters. To the point where they're apparently looking to give some "off-screen"/videogame 'bots another go.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    ROTF is better for me than DOTM honestly, but 2007 and Bumblebee remain the top

• Like Like x 2
  16. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    RotF was more watchable for the stunts/special effects, but DotM has a way better plot (for half the movie, and then the final Chicago scene devolves into ~40 mins of utter nonsense).

• Like Like x 4
  17. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Shia was insufferable in DOTM for me.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Preposterous

Preposterous Noble sage who likes SG, Bayverse, BW, G2 and G1.

News Credits:
    Ah, yes. As opposed to all other media in Transformers franchise, which were small, deep, quiet vehicles for rich thrills. AND critically acclaimed to boot. I wish the franchise would finally recover from damage caused by Bayverse and return to telling stories which aren't created only to sell toys. /s

Plus this is the perfect thread for everyone to share their opinions on the movies.

• Like Like x 3
  19. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I think Combiner Wars/Unite Warriors had it right with bigger Constructicons. Shrinking them sacrifices an awesome Devastator.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ackar

Ackar Well-Known Member

thats why those were fun tho

anyways cant wait for someone to make a masterpiece freenzy

because that looks more likely than a SS frenzy t this point