Target Listings for Legacy, Studio series and Rise of the beast figures.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Aug 21, 2021.

1. jrod1019

jrod1019 Troubleshooter

[​IMG]

Whoa, whoa, whoa slow it down a bit there Hasbro my wallet can only take so much!

• Like Like x 8
  2. PloverNutter

PloverNutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah Springer is probably the easiest triple changer to design all 3 modes to be accurate. His helicopter mode is only slightly more complex than Tracks’s flight mode or Perceptor’s “tank” mode.

If Legacy is truly continuing the G1 accurate design philosophy then Blitzwing needs to be a leader class to make both the tan tank and purple jet fighter modes look good and still have the figure be solid.

Plus Siege springer feels like spaghetti and constantly falls apart on me so he is really not the standard we should be hoping for.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    Studio series spike huh? Any chance that’s going to be something really cool at that price point?

-A.S.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream w/Powermaster Cobra Cmdr.

Thankfully, I can skip all of those Bayformer ROTB and Core Class Legacy shrunken figures (Megatron) and only need SS Spike from that entire list.

I'm happy with my Titans Return Blitzwing and Animated Blitzwing and don't need another.

5. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Curious George,
    He messed with Scourge
    And ended up dead
    At the bottom of a gorge.

• Like Like x 4
  6. GrimCharr

GrimCharr SciFi Geezer

Would he be a bruiser like Galvatron? A big, honking Blitzwing? Thrilling 30 is still just $40 on some sites.

<rant about inflation> yep </rant about inflation>

Animated Blitzwing was such an inspired take on the character, it's hard to beat that. Although I've never seen the actual toy.

I am more of a defender of Hasbro's price rises when they give you something. The $30 Starscreams and HotRod caused a wee bit of grumbling. But! I will defend them as the best sculpts Hasbro has ever done, with excellent articulation and no hollow bits. That's a bargain when weighed against Masterpiece and the prices of third partiy Hong Kong and Japanese imports.

I'd like it if Cyclops were a simple Shockwave. I still maintain that Shockwave is oddly the highest character ratio of volume-made/quality. It's a lot of low quality figures, hard-to-find figures, pointlessly-bad alt-mode figures. I'd like a Shockwave in scale with modern CHUG to round out the collection, but I keep shrugging at the $50 one with twice the necessary plastic bits and assuming there will be another one just around the corner, anyway.

7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    That was my thought. The extra investment in Leader class let's them take steps to potentially make his jet nose/fins hide better in tank mode.

Not to mention a potential solution to avoid having an entire tank turret hanging off his jet belly.

• Like Like x 5
  8. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    A gridiron football goal post and packed with this guy.

Unfortunately, the Core Iguanus is the G1 character involved in yet another watered-down interpretation of the Pretender gimmick. =(

WANT.

Incidentally, I've done the math, and the 1:600 scale microfigures that are included with Unicron, the Ark, and the upcoming reformatting Galvatron figures would be about in-scale with the aircraft carrier mode of a hypothetical Commander Broadside.

Agreed. His Siege figure was lacking. Give him elbow joints, a head swivel, better clearances for shoulder articulation, and 3mm fist holes for a gun accessory and he'd be good for a Core class budget.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Kingragnork

Kingragnork Well-Known Member

Why? He has never been done well before at the voyager price point, I have nothing but hope for this turning out well and being the definitive version.

• Like Like x 2
  10. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    T30 Blitzwing may be less than a Leader, but those shoulders are annoying and his nosecone/faceplates are that rubbery stuff that makes them hard to do anything with.

• Like Like x 7
  11. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess I’m in the minority but I thought TR Blitzwing and Octane were pretty good. Much rather have an updated G1 Sandstorm myself.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My reason is a couple pages back.

13. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Here’s to hoping “leader” Blitzwing isn’t a voyager with inaccurate, unfinished alt modes and a 90% pointless accessory to pad out the price point like his buddy Astrotrain.

and seeing Spike and Wheelie coming in Core class makes me even more salty about getting the pointless pre-posed figures with the Dinos instead of either their swords, rocket launchers, or some other scene-specific accessory. Hoping he is much improved over the Target version that came with BB.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 Fossilizer Enthusiast. She/Her

Hell. Or Texas. Hard to tell the difference.
    That's the approach I take for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  15. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    How the h3ll is Hasbro clearly being greedy opportunist some how an insult to you???! Better yet, how is me lobbying we all save $20 on specific characters an insult to any damn body...?

So either you're too damn sensitive to see the bigger picture OR you know I'm right about Springer and can't really dispute it, so it's the "YP is being mean again" tactic.

16. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Spike has me very intrigued! I hope it'll have an actual face unlike all the version of Spike and Daniel we've gotten so far (assuming it is indeed another exosuit figure, not sure who it could be from any other movie). And it gives me hope that even if the Wheelie that was leaked isn't G1, we could still get a new Wheelie eventually.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    This is my concern as well.

Astrotrain stinks. All that “extra” and the alt modes still had needless gaps and blemishes while parts count was eaten up by the pointless… platform thing the coal tender turned into. Even the guns were cheap and rough in terms of sculpt.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

I like to think that "George Transformers" is a toy & hobby store right next to George Liquor.

Apologies if someone already made that joke.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm hoping he'll just be bulkier (and ideally taller, but not holding my breath on that) than Astrotrain and have more complicated engineering to make both his alt modes cleaner and more coherent than either of Astrotrain's are, and only come with his sword and a blaster or two as accessories.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Supremus

Supremus Well-Known Member

Let's play codename guessing:

Orion = Prime
    George = Primal
    Safari = Rhinox
    Jouney = Airazor
    Cyclops = Shockwave
    Pluto = Megatron
    Outlaw = Nightbird
    Barcelona = Mirage