Target DPCI’s for upcoming Exclusives, including Kingdom Roadrage!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, May 1, 2021.

1. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even the current Trilogy that is "clouding your judgement" has a Hot Shot who is just a Blue Hound with Hot Shot's head. For a complete absolute nobody like Fangry a minor retool is completely possible, if not probable.

2. Fc203

Fc203 #RestoreTheBayVerse

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Wait were getting a fangry?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Skycutter

Skycutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hey it not like some of that can't be changed, for starters, tr grotesque already has furry legs, already said about the different heads, which was going to be a given, tr grotesques wings are also sorta organic, his hunched over look could also be fixed using the tr mold, having it both ways, the only realy thing that i didn't mention that aren't already on there, or fixed(or already fixed that i know of) is the feet in robot mode, and the positioning of the wing, and the furry arms
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    The current trilogy is modeled after Sunbow, Marvel, and Mainframe(to all you other posters, I did not say it's the same continuity as them. Don't even go there again.), so one would assume that Selects Hot Shot would be Hot Shot's body if he appeared in the '80s cartoon.

Eh, sure. But Mindwipe's body does that "flip him upside-down" thing that G1 Fangry already does, *and* has tiny back wings.

5. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    The key question is what does "Marvel Bumblebee" exactly entail? Toy, 'Toon, or regular Netflix headsculpt? Under that description any of those three options are feasible, until confirmed correct/incorrect by those that have actually seen what the design is.
    Telling that you haven't used TR Grotusque, or Twinferno as an illustration...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As @Skycutter points out the TR Monsterbot buck can be posed hunched/squat for Grotusque, and more upright for Twinferno/Doublecross.
    In fact I do that for differentiation whilst on display myself.
    It's the perfect design for an updated Fangry (& Squeezeplay with some tweaks to the Repugnus version - heck, so long as they retooled the beast head I'd settle for a badly-pincered Squeezeplay)!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Greeman

Greeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a stretch.

7. orangeitis

News Credits:
    Oh? Please, tell us all what it is "telling" exactly.

I disagree. I see too many differences. There TR Monsterbots are already too different to me from their G1 selves though, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Considering that Hasbro explicitly said that they're drawing inspiration from the Sunbow cartoon for Siege, I don't see how you could say that. Hell, GUOP is effectively a G1 Op cosplaying as Cybertron Op.

8. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, if the Optimus armor that homaged Cybertron Optimus could have all those details retooled to homage that anime's design there is no reason Hot Shot couldn't have had retooling to increase likeness too. They simply didn't do it because they didn't feel like it.
    The current trilogy features a tank Megatron with treads on his back from the comics, a Rhinox with sculpt entirely based on a recent mobile game instead of the Mainframe cartoon and more things that are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to details that differed from the originals. Why the ever-iconic-Cheetor flat out has entirely new transformation scheme for some parts of his body.

The hairiness of Fangry's legs are meaningless to Hasbro's standards for this new trilogy. You are upholding standards that clearly don't exist, specially not when it comes to minor characters.

• Like Like x 1
  9. orangeitis

News Credits:
    Clearly not everyone has every single attribute they used to. That's not part of my standards. But I was listing off aspects that, if implemented, would make Fangry closer to his legacy toy. I do think that most of them should be present, but not everything.

10. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    @Verno Let your BW peeps know a lot of people want to split a four pack with them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Leave it to Hasbro to sell a figure I want in a set with figures I don't want. Hopefully Takara will have more sense and package Fangry individually.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Weird Wolf version looks great.
    7lBwzI5.jpg 20170920_144827.jpg

I think I'm okay with the yellow face but I'm hoping for the yellow shins.
    Bumblebee-Transformers-Marvel-Comics-a.jpg Bumblebee-Transformers-Marvel-Comics.jpg

I really want Nemesis Primal to have the Mutant face.
    tfuprimal10.jpg

I suppose we could get this color...
    blackarachnia073.jpg

But I'd love this deep cut...
    Blackarachniamctm.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    It's "telling" in that you are cribbing the G1 as examples which emphasises the difference, where I am citing the TR bucks which show how Hasbro are fine with, ah, let's say "cheating" a little on aesthetic details to create the contemporary versions. Hasbro are not producing figures to your exacting aesthetic, are they?
    Mindwipe may have the transformation orientation but 1) he's already being used for "Draculon/us" (I forget the name right now), and 2) he does not have the wee furry back monster legs that the TR Monsterbot buck already does. I can't see Hasbro adding legs to the Mindwipe buck when there's an easier option.
    Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the Grotusque tooling already has the alt. faceplate & upper beast head for Fangry.
    Uh, the second Fangry image is a Twinferno/Doublecross body with CHUG Wheeljack/RTS Tracks arms?

• Like Like x 1
  14. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    Fangry is probably the snake mold Battle Master paired with Nemesis Primal, like with Fangtron and Nemesis Prime Spoiler pack I bet.

Primal $32
    Bee $21
    Blackarachnia $21
    Fangry $6

$80

• Like Like x 2
  15. Skycutter

News Credits:
    it was mention it 3 deluxes and one voyager

• Like Like x 3
  16. orangeitis

News Credits:
    1570754239346.gif

No, you're assuming that I done so purposefully. I didn't think I needed to fetch the TR Grotusque. For some reason, I had assumed that it was more G1 accurate than it actually was. You could've just asked me about it instead of assuming dishonesty.

And by assuming that Prime Wars-era Hasbro and modern Hasbro are okay with the same things is the position I'm refuting. The desire to have Fangry retooled from TR Grotusque demonstrates the opposite of the logic that Hasbro seems to have veered away from. And as I said, I hold Hasbro to much higher standards than when I did when TR was on the shelves. And so should you.

As I said, I think it's the better option out of the two molds. But I don't think either is that fitting. I'd love to have that opinion changed though, but that's on Hasbro, not you.

17. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Girls, girls, you're both beautiful. Chill.
    195649318_491597198764334_8257257898505659946_n.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There’s nothing wrong with wanting a new Fangry toy, a lot of us want that too, we’re simply stating that Titans Return molds are still in use at retail, this is a box set exclusive with what appears to be limited retooling and is using what we know are already 3 pre-existing toys with likely minor new parts at best, so the odds of the 4th being new is pretty slim.

We’ve seen Blackarachnia with the mutant head during an early review (maybe TonTon or PrimevsPrime?) so that’s the new part there, and we know Shadow Panther is Cheetor with a mutant mask so likely Nemesis Primal is the same (with the alt head being the new part there)

That leaves Netflix bee as Marvel Bumblebee (with a ‘possible’ new head?), so what else could Fangry be?

He could be a Legacy figure pulled forward, but we know all the ones so far next year, and none appear similar to Fangry (especially as a Deluxe)

Add in the fact the Monsterbots are getting rereleased in the Walmart Retro Line & it’s a reasonable assumption Fangry would come from those molds.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Skycutter

News Credits:
    when did we hear about the monsterbot being rereleases, so far it just been decepticon targetmasters and topspin and twintwister, if were getting rerelease of the monsterbot though, grabbing a grotesque

• Like Like x 1
  20. orangeitis

News Credits:
    W-what?!?

I-I'm not interested in them!

Seriously!

lhjhbB9.gif

• Like Like x 2